Windows 10: Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ?

Discus and support Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Fresh install of 1803 several weeks ago on new computer. CMD prompt run as admin. I get this error message not unlike the one shown in the comment on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by phaedruspress, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ?

Fresh install of 1803 several weeks ago on new computer. CMD prompt run as admin. I get this error message not unlike the one shown in the comment on this web page:

https://mspoweruser.com/how-to-chang...ture-upgrades/

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.1](c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Get-OSUninstallWindowDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.17134.1Image Version: 10.0.17134.1Error: 1168Element not found.The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.logC:\Windows\system32>

Why do you suppose that is? I do have windows update blocker installed but I would think that that would not interfere with getting results. 1803 is the only OS ever installed. No cumulative monthly patches installed yet.

:)

phaedruspress, Dec 21, 2018

2. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/

However it failed for me. Anyone know why it might not have worked and I got an error message? TIA.

Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ? [​IMG]

phaedruspress, Dec 21, 2018
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

Actually, it doesn't work on 1803, but it does work on Insider Previews, to wit:

Here's what I get from 1803 right now:

And here's what I get from the Insider Preview, Build 17692

It will be part of the OS after 1809 comes along.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ?

Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

Your screenshot shows you are on build 16299.431. That's version 1709. Brink's tutorial on this says...

Thema:

Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ?

1. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Change number rollback

2. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  3. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  4. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days: I want to rollback to Windows 10 because Windows 11 is the opposite of efficient and has cut my productivity down so much that I have no other choice. The absurd 10 day window has passed - not 10 days of use, but 10 days since I installed... we're only open 4 days per week so...
  5. Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days

Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11 After 10 Days: I want to rollback to Windows 10 because Windows 11 is the opposite of efficient and has cut my productivity down so much that I have no other choice. The absurd 10 day window has passed - not 10 days of use, but 10 days since I installed... we're only open 4 days per week so...
  6. Windows 11 rollback after 10 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 rollback after 10 days: I've had Windows 11 installed for 11 days, just over the end of the 10 day rollback period.The old Windows 10 files are still taking up space on the SSD C:/ drive.How long before those files clear themselves automatically?, as disk clean up says that there are 20Gbytes or...
  7. Windows 11 rollback after 10 days

Windows 11 rollback after 10 days: I've had Windows 11 installed for 11 days, just over the end of the 10 day rollback period.The old Windows 10 files are still taking up space on the SSD C:/ drive.How long before those files clear themselves automatically?, as disk clean up says that there are 20Gbytes or...
  8. 30 day wait period for number change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    30 day wait period for number change: I desperately need to login to my PC. We were attempting to problem solve the printer not communicating to the computer and we did a windows upgrade and restart. After the restart microsoft was asking for a verification pin that was going to an old number. When we attempted...
  9. Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?: I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/ However it failed for me. Anyone know why it might not have worked and I got an error message? TIA. [img] 112894
  10. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?: I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/ However it failed for me. Anyone know why it might not have worked and I got an error message? TIA. [img] 112894