Windows 10: Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

Discus and support Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 **Original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brian Rices, May 14, 2019.

1. Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0

**Original Title**

Microsoft Edge Chromium

:)

Brian Rices, May 14, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 14, 2019
  4. Nielsc Win User

Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

OK found the solution, a classic workaround:

Go to US Proxy List - Free Proxy List
    Pick a proxy with SSL
    Set it as proxy in Control Panel | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings
    Test it by going to google.com
    If you do NOT see a "Use Google.xxxx" (xxxx is a contry-specific TLD such as .co.th, .co.uk, etc) then you can go to next step
    If you DO see a "Use Google.xxxx" (xxxx is a contry-specific TLD such as .co.th, .co.uk, etc) then try another proxy

Next step:
    Now you can follow the standard switch of search engine as per here:
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Basically unless Google sees you as being in the USA it will force the localized google search engine URL on you, like it or not.

Nielsc, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

1. Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium - Similar Threads - Change Region Microsoft

2. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date. Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363) I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an Other favourites folder. The functionality of the new Manage favourites seems OK until I...
  3. Any Chromium Edge Extension to bypass Youtube region locked videos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any Chromium Edge Extension to bypass Youtube region locked videos?: I saw one extension that does this but its firefox only so I was wondering if there was one that worked with Edge. submitted by /u/sakata32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn5vbc/any_chromium_edge_extension_to_bypass_youtube/
  4. Change New Tab in Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Change New Tab in Edge Chromium: In Edge Chromium, when I click on a new tab, can I have it go to Google instead of Bing? 157181
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  6. Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta: [ATTACH] with the latest update version 83.0.478.25 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) it now lets you Sync Extensions from Google Chrome note i taken the picture from my other computer that has Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta on it then the one that im using to post this...
  7. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  8. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  9. ADV200002 - Chromium Security Updates for Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 News
    ADV200002 - Chromium Security Updates for Microsoft Edge Chromium: ADV200002 | Chromium Security Updates for Microsoft Edge based on Chromium Security Advisory Published: 01/28/2020 This advisory will be updated whenever Microsoft releases a version of Microsoft Edge which incorporates publicly disclosed security updates from the Chromium...
  10. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-chromium/90e60d5d-9c1e-4058-8f2f-b7c69b510b0f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change region in microsoft edge

2. how to change region in edge

3. change region microsoft edge

4. how to change your region on microsoft edge,
  5. how to change the region of microsoft edge region,
  6. edge regio,
  7. change region in edge,
  8. change language ms edge chromium,
  9. microsoft edge change region,
  10. edge region setting,
  11. microsoft edge region,