Windows 10: Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar

Discus and support Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After applying new theme on Windows 10, the font of the taskbar became bigger, so the word ENG was cropped on both sides how shown in image: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WerewolfGirl, May 25, 2016.

1. Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar

After applying new theme on Windows 10, the font of the taskbar became bigger, so the word ENG was cropped on both sides how shown in image:

Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar [​IMG]

How can I increase the width of the Input Indicator? Or, as alternative, reduce font size in the taskbar.

:)

WerewolfGirl, May 25, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, May 25, 2016
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, May 25, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar

philc43, May 25, 2016
  5. I came to conclusion that changing font of the taskbar requires editing of the msstyles file – it's too complicated for my purpose. So, I managed to decrease font only in the Language Indicator. I did the following steps:
    Control Panel → Language → Advanced settings → check box "use the desktop language bar when it's available" → Options.
    In the Language Bar tab select "Floating on Desktop".
    After that I moved the Language Bar to the bottom of the screen in right corner and slided it to the left – it has docked itself in the taskbar:

Finally, I clicked Options (downhead arrow or right click) and unchecked "Help Button" and "Additional icons in taskbar". This is what I've got:

WerewolfGirl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar

1. Change the width of the "Language Indicator" in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Change width Language

2. No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar: Hi,Failed attempts:1 Right-click empty space on Windows 10 taskbar and then select “Taskbar settings“. Toggle the setting for Input Indicator to On or Off. This will show or hide the input indicator accordingly. This change will take effect immediately. 2 Go to the...
  3. Registry for Taskbar width

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry for Taskbar width: Is there a way to change the taskbar (vertical) width with a registry key edit? I know 7+ taskbar tweaker can do it, so I was thinking if I can do that manually with a registry edit. I wanna make the taskbar width smaller than u can by dragging on default windows settings....
  4. Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard language indicator disappears from taskbar: I need to switch between different languages/keyboard layouts regularly, so the language indicator in the taskbar is very convenient. For some weeks now, the keyboard language indicator no longer appears in the taskbar, if I've just started my computer or re-logged in. I...
  5. Change old language indicator to new language indicator

Change old language indicator to new language indicator: I have been using the old language bar and indicator for a while, but I want to change it back to the new language indicator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-old-language-indicator-to-new-language/42093e61-e01c-4d56-8712-6c6a59e8d0ec
  6. Change the width of the cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the width of the cursor: How to change the width of the cursor ascii 124 (vertical line). 134665
  7. Taskbar width

Taskbar width: I have accidentally clicked on something and now my task bar is too wide. I have tried everything but can't get it back to normal. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-width/254bb810-3a97-4975-966b-b9a6b5ff436e
  8. Vertical taskbar width

Vertical taskbar width: There's a really nice tutorial on the old forums -> Taskbar - Change Icon Button Width Size - Windows 7 Help Forums Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for Windows 10. Is there a way to make the vertical taskbar as thin as the horizontal one? 95810
  9. Change Width of Taskbar Buttons in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Width of Taskbar Buttons in Windows: How to: Change Width of Taskbar Buttons in Windows How to Change Width of Taskbar Buttons in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see,...
  10. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...