Windows 10: Changed from Win 10 Ent to Pro No search, Cortana or File Sharing.

Discus and support Changed from Win 10 Ent to Pro No search, Cortana or File Sharing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise. Cortana, search and file sharing were not accessible in this version. I bought a Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheOldMan, Mar 22, 2020.

1. TheOldMan Win User

Changed from Win 10 Ent to Pro No search, Cortana or File Sharing.

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise. Cortana, search and file sharing were not accessible in this version. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license key and installed it, but still can't get any of these to work. I tried editing the registry. Nothing. Cortana doesn't even show in Settings. I don't want to reinstall as I have too many apps that would need to be re-installed. Can anybody please help?

:)

TheOldMan, Mar 22, 2020
  2. TheOldMan Win User

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise. Cortana, search and file sharing were not accessible in this version. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license key and installed it, but still can't get any of these to work. I tried editing the registry. Nothing. Cortana doesn't even show in Settings. I don't want to reinstall as I have too many apps that would need to be re-installed. Can anybody please help?

TheOldMan, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Changed from Win 10 Ent to Pro No search, Cortana or File Sharing.

Win 10 Ent Upgrade Path

Hi,

One of my customers have Win 7 Pro (OEM) license and he needs to upgrade to Win 10 Ent. Please advise of the upgrade path.

Thanks

Tania

TaniaHashini, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Changed from Win 10 Ent to Pro No search, Cortana or File Sharing. - Similar Threads - Changed Ent Pro

2. Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?: I have a new laptop with Win 11 Home, and I need full access to files and drives on my Win 10 Home Desktop.1 Both computers on the same network: If I upgrade the Desktop to Win10 Pro, will I have full read/write access to those using the Win 11 Home Laptop or do I have to...
  3. Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?: I have a new laptop with Win 11 Home, and I need full access to files and drives on my Win 10 Home Desktop.1 Both computers on the same network: If I upgrade the Desktop to Win10 Pro, will I have full read/write access to those using the Win 11 Home Laptop or do I have to...
  4. Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changed from Win 10 Ent to Pro No search, Cortana or File Sharing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed from Win 10 Ent to Pro No search, Cortana or File Sharing.: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise. Cortana, search and file sharing were not accessible in this version. I bought a Windows 10 Pro license key and installed it, but still can't get any of these to work. I tried editing the registry. Nothing. Cortana doesn't...
  6. Wipe Win 10 Ent and Install Win 10 Home from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe Win 10 Ent and Install Win 10 Home from USB: I have kept an old company laptop and bought Win 10 Home. When I try to reinstall it does not copy from USB but install Enterprise and company profile again. How do I get rid of Win 10 Ent?...
  7. Conversion from 10 Ent to 10 Pro

Conversion from 10 Ent to 10 Pro: I have Win 10 Enterprise (not a trial) on my laptop. How do I convert to 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/conversion-from-10-ent-to-10-pro/985179a1-fb1c-45d4-abe7-69ec4e03d260
  8. Win 10 Ent - Direct Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Ent - Direct Access: Does anyone know where i can find info about configuring Win 10 Ent and Direct Access? We had a Win 8 Direct Access environment setup and working but abandoned it when we abandoned Win 8. I would like to get DA going again with Win 10. The servers etc. are all still in...
  9. Change version from Win10 Ent N LTSB 10 to PRO or Home

Change version from Win10 Ent N LTSB 10 to PRO or Home: So I bought a laptop on the cheap from ebay (an older HP Elitebook Folio 9480m) and it obviously was in an enterprise. The Windows version is N LTSB 2016. What's the simplest way to change to different version--home or pro? 106990
  10. dual boot win 10 ent with win 10 pro

dual boot win 10 ent with win 10 pro: I have the win 10 enterprise preview edition but want to end up with the pro version. Can these 2 be installed at the same time? 7262