Windows 10: changing account type back to administrator group

Discus and support changing account type back to administrator group in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I accidentally changed the only active admin account type of my Win 10 to users group. As I didn't backed up the bitlocker key I'm in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohammad Nikpendar, Jul 13, 2019.

1. changing account type back to administrator group

Hi everyone, I accidentally changed the only active admin account type of my Win 10 to users group. As I didn't backed up the bitlocker key I'm in a bad trouble. i can't even reset my windows because of this. and due to same problem i can't activate the built in administrator of my computer. I know how much silly my work was. Anyhow i need help.

:)

Mohammad Nikpendar, Jul 13, 2019

2. How to change user account type back to administrator on Windows 10?

Hello Dryana,

As you are facing issues with changing the user account type back to administrator, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that you can try to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account, change the user account type of previous account back to administrator and check if it helps.

Step 1: Follow the steps to Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active:Yes (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active:no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Change the account type.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Under Group Membership tab and select Administrator as user account type.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you are facing issues changing the user account type, we will help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2019
  3. lowdown Win User
    Types of Administrator Accounts

Followed your suggestion and went to command prompt net localgroup administrator and I am administrator. Still don't have it thru my thick skull about groups, users, standard but you have been my best help by far.
    Couple of quick things for now. Windows suggest using a standard account for daily use. When I make that switch does my name have to be different and I put a space in my or computer's name that should be fixed? I used my first and last name.

lowdown, Jul 13, 2019
  4. changing account type back to administrator group

Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

changing account type back to administrator group

1. changing account type back to administrator group - Similar Threads - changing account type

2. I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back: I was trying to disable adaptive brightness but couldn't find the option.I thought that this option was only provided when the account type is standard. I changed my account type and failed to change my account type back to administrator. Now, whenever i select an option in...
  3. I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back: I was trying to disable adaptive brightness but couldn't find the option.I thought that this option was only provided when the account type is standard. I changed my account type and failed to change my account type back to administrator. Now, whenever i select an option in...
  4. I changed my account type from administrator to standard and failed to change it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.: Hi,So I had given my pc for some repairs and the data had to be wiped off. So when I got my pc back there was a administrator account named 'Asus' as the main account for my pc. So how can I change the type and the name.Thank you...
  6. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.: Hi,So I had given my pc for some repairs and the data had to be wiped off. So when I got my pc back there was a administrator account named 'Asus' as the main account for my pc. So how can I change the type and the name.Thank you...
  7. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Change Account type from Administrator to Standard

Change Account type from Administrator to Standard: How do I change Account type from Administrator to Standard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-from-administrator-to-standard/0bb78dea-dd6e-4e42-b949-ff40def4d648
  9. account in the Local Administrators group

account in the Local Administrators group: I am unable to create Account in the Local Administrators group I have tried power shell but not worked checked YouTube for creating in but got no help. What should I do...
  10. Types of Administrator Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Types of Administrator Accounts: Carbonite considers Local Admin. Acct. a "Users" account. It is configured needing me to be the Administrator. Is this the "Hidden" Administrator Account? Just re-set PC to factory settings, skipped registration etc. I named PC is about it and I am Local Account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i solve the problem of changing the local account to admin