Windows 10: Changing background color of taskbar

Discus and support Changing background color of taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions? 22356 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eddiepop, Sep 12, 2015.

1. eddiepop Win User

Changing background color of taskbar

New windows 10 installation; background color of taskbar is ugly black, and can't figure out how to change it. Any suggestions?

:)

eddiepop, Sep 12, 2015
  2. Akidus Win User

Can't change taskbar color in Windows 10

I can change the colors of the icon backgrounds and borders of windows, but the taskbar and Start menu backgrounds won't change. I can't find an option to change the color in the Control Panel (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization)

When I try to type in "\Color and Appearance " nothing pops up. The taskbar stays grey.

Found the answer. Click show color on taskbar.

Akidus, Sep 12, 2015
  3. I am unable to see the system clock clearly

Changing the background made the difference. It makes sense, because the taskbar was the same color as the background. I'm back in business. Thanks much.

LtSchmulker, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 12, 2015
  5. eddiepop Win User
    We'll call it solved; however, the only way I could get the results I wanted was to use the high-contrast mode, making everything white, and then changing the background color to blue. Now the password boxes & etc. are invisible, so I have to change that so I can see what I am doing.

PS: My bad manners are showing! Many thanks to Brink for timely and helpful comments.

eddiepop, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing background color of taskbar - Similar Threads - Changing background color

2. How to change background color

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change background color: After an update my monitor screen background is black. Please, how do I get it back to blue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-background-color/5a9318c0-ed33-42e3-afe9-a51694422db2
  3. TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing

TaskBar Icon Background Not taskbar Background not changing: I know no one understood the title so, Picture , that glowy thing dosen't go off its bugging me it does not even go off after I open the app it usually goes out I guess so someone help me...
  4. Changing taskbar color?

Changing taskbar color?: Hello, I am unable to change the taskbar color in settings; since I did an update in window. Also, the update changed my settings...Why? Where it shows 'Show accent color on the following surfaces', the check box and this statement: 'Start, taskbar, and action center' is...
  5. background color change on email

background color change on email: this is a question about changing the background screen. I was able to change my Samsung computer main background but my email and others are black. How do I change the background color on my email and other applications? thanks in advance...
  6. Change of Notepad Background Color

Change of Notepad Background Color: How do I change my Notepad Color in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-notepad-background-color/7c5c2ed0-74ec-4b0e-b2d8-b506cacf220f
  7. changing background colors

in Browsers and Email
    changing background colors: I tried to introduce myself in the introductions thread but it was closed. My name is Bev, been here a while but never posted but I need some help. I redid windown 10 on Sunday but can't seem to get the black color off chrome start page. I know it's something with...
  8. change taskbar color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    change taskbar color: change taskbar color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-taskbar-color/961f938b-8a62-4c9d-ba77-58298886846f
  9. Taskbar background color change

Taskbar background color change: The background color on by taskbar is now a different color (light gray) maybe since an update 6/27/19? I can't find out how to change it back to black. I've been in through Control Panel/Taskbar but to no avail....
  10. How do I change the background color for the taskbar?

How do I change the background color for the taskbar?: In an old thread this question was asked and the response labeled "partially solved". I disagree; the advice given (to go to "personalization" and turn "show color on Start, Task bar, action center and title bar" to "on" and pick a color) does not change the background color...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. background color on my taskbar was accidentally changed to white