Windows 10: Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by mystik, Jun 12, 2015.

1. mystik Win User

Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10

Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support for AutoColor which pulls the primary color from your desktop background. You can change the color of Start, taskbar, title bars (build 10525), and Action Center.

Starting with accent color when Show accent color for Start, taskbar, and action center is selected in Color Settings.

If you are using a high contrast theme, then you will not be able to turn on or off to show color on taskbar and Start menu since it will be disabled.

If you turn off show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, your Start menu, taskbar, and action center background will have a black color.

If you turn on show color on Start, taskbar, and action center will have the color you selected.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to show accent color on Start, taskbar, and action center for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Show Color on your Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Show Color on your Start, Taskbar, and Action Center using a BAT file
    EXAMPLE: Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center turned On and Off

Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Show Color on your Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Colors on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Start, taskbar, and action center under Show accent color on the following surfaces on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

*note If you selected to use Light for Choose your color or Choose your default Windows mode, then the Start, taskbar, and action center setting will be grayed out.

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

4. If you turned on show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, then you can now change the color to what you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Show Color on your Start, Taskbar, and Action Center using a BAT file

*note The .bat files below will modify the DWORD values in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize

ColorPrevalence DWORD

0 = Turn off show color on Start, taskbar, and action center
    1 = Turn on show color on Start, taskbar, and action center

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_Show_Color_on_Start_taskbar_action-center.bat

Download

3. To Turn Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_Show_Color_on_Start_taskbar_action-center.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop, and run the .bat file.

5. If prompted, click/tap on Run to approve.

*note If you like, you can unblock the .bat file to stop getting the Run prompt.

6. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

7. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

8. If you turned on show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, then you can now change the color to what you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

mystik, Jun 12, 2015

2. Changing the color of the Taskbar in Windows 10 ONLY

Tweak Colorization Settings for Titlebar, Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows 10 - AskVG

This article explains 4 scenarios:

• Colorized Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center and White Titlebar

• Colorized Titlebar and Dark Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center

• Colorized Taskbar, Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • Colorized Taskbar, White Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • You should go for the first one

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 12, 2015
  3. How do I change the Title Bar color of ALL Windows 10 Explorer windows?

Hi,

Its highly unusual that you are facing this issue ,we tried to recreate it and we couldn't find the issue that you were facing

I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps:

1.Go to Settings and select Personalization.

2.Select Color.

3.Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.

4.Turn Off "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" .

5.Restart the system, and again Turn On "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar".

If you need further assistance, we will glad to help you.

Ashwin V S, Jun 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Mystik, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Sounds like you may have some other issue at hand since the .bat file only changes what's in the note box, which is the same as what OPTION ONE does.

As a test, restart the computer to see if it may just be a glitch.

If it doesn't help, then download and merge the .reg file below to see if it may. It will restore the default registry entries for the "Personalize" desktop context menu.

Personalize.reg

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalize] @=hex(2):40,00,25,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,72,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\ 00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,74,00,\ 68,00,65,00,6d,00,65,00,63,00,70,00,6c,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,2d,\ 00,31,00,30,00,00,00 "HideInSafeMode"="" "Icon"=hex(2):25,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,72,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\ 00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,74,00,\ 68,00,65,00,6d,00,65,00,63,00,70,00,6c,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,2d,\ 00,31,00,00,00 "Position"="Bottom" "SettingsURI"="ms-settingsTurn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 :personalization" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Personalize\command] "DelegateExecute"="{556FF0D6-A1EE-49E5-9FA4-90AE116AD744}"[/quote]

Brink, Jun 12, 2015
  5. mystik Win User
    Thank you for the welcome...and apologize for the alarm there. The restart seems to have fixed it. It was quite weird, though...I didn't seem to have any permissions suddenly before the reboot. I couldn't even save a document to the normal folder.

mystik, Jun 12, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No worries. I always want to hear about any issues to see what was wrong so that it can be corrected or help others. *Smile

Brink, Jun 12, 2015
  7. mystik Win User
    *Smile

Do you happen to know how to get the other colors to work? For example, I tried changing the ActiveTitle to 19 35 212 and InactiveTitle to 117 118 120...just some example darker colors...but it did not take effect. I did reboot again, just in case it would not change until that. TIA if any info.

mystik, Jun 12, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 12, 2015
  9. mystik Win User
    Bah. Was hoping there was a better way. I did see that before. Oh well. *Smile I'll stick with the other for now.

mystik, Jun 13, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I don't blame you. I don't care for the high contrast themes either.

Brink, Jun 13, 2015
  11. RegKey is wrong

WRONG

The .bat files below are for changing the registry key and value below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize

RIGHT

The .bat files below are for changing the registry key and value below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize

pintonunes, Sep 2, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello pintonunes,

Thank you. The .bat files were correct, but I just didn't include "SOFTWARE" in the path in the note box for some reason. *Confused

Brink, Sep 2, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

jds63, Sep 3, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 4, 2015
  15. jds63 Win User
    I know how to select colors for those 3 items, but no setting to make the color appear on Title bar as stated here, guess unless i maybe use AeroLite. Title bar always be white on or off, but your pic was blue title bar.*Rolleyes

jds63, Sep 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Start

2. Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?: Hi Microsoft! I'm trying to change the color of start, taskbar and action center on my Windows 10 PC. But when I open settings and go to Personalization>Colors, and choose an accent color, it only applies to the title bars and window borders. There's the Show accent color on...
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings

in Windows 10 News
    Start, Taskbar, and Action Center options greyed out in Windows 10 Colors settings: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users have reported a weird issue after installing a new feature update for Windows 10. While trying to make changes to the Colors settings in Windows 10, the Start, taskbar, and action center options are greyed out under Show [...] This post Start,...
  5. Loss of color on Start, Taskbar and Action Center in Windows 10, Version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of color on Start, Taskbar and Action Center in Windows 10, Version 1903: When I go to Settings/Personalization/Colors the box for Start, taskbar and action center is grayed out. Start, taskbar and action center are light gray...
  6. Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center: I was just wondering if the problem of not being able to select color changes in the "start, taskbar and action center" section of personalization is ever going to be fixed. This problem was introduced in Feature update, Windows 10, Version 1903. Thanks...
  7. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center: On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows 10....
  8. Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors)

Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors): In the Personalization/Colors (Show accent color on the following surfaces) I can not select Start, taskbar, and action center only Title bars is available. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. Thank you...
  9. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.: Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out. [img] If I change "choose your color" from Light to...
  10. Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...: I'm a tad confused. :/ I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional). But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change taskbar color windows 10

2. i cannot change the colors or check off the box that says start taskbar

3. windows 10 start taskbar color turned off