Windows 10: Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Discus and support Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Teri_R, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Teri_R Win User

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

On the Personalization setting, I am not able to click open the option for changing colors on Taskbar, start and action center. What can I check to turn this option on? I am not tech savvy, so please give me step by step details. This is on Windows 10.

:)

Teri_R, Jul 25, 2019

2. Changing the color of the Taskbar in Windows 10 ONLY

Tweak Colorization Settings for Titlebar, Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows 10 - AskVG

This article explains 4 scenarios:

• Colorized Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center and White Titlebar

• Colorized Titlebar and Dark Taskbar, Start Menu, Action Center

• Colorized Taskbar, Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • Colorized Taskbar, White Titlebar and Dark Start Menu, Action Center
    • You should go for the first one

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

Accent color for start, task bar, action center

Hello Rosalie,

If you selected to use "Light" for "Choose your color" or "Choose your default Windows mode", it will gray out and disable the "Start, taskbar, and action center" setting to "Show accent color on".

You can select to use Custom for "Choose your color" and select Dark for "Choose your default Windows mode", or just Dark for "Choose your color".

The tutorials below can help show you more on this if needed.

Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center

1. Changing colors on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center - Similar Threads - Changing colors Start

2. Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?: Hi Microsoft! I'm trying to change the color of start, taskbar and action center on my Windows 10 PC. But when I open settings and go to Personalization>Colors, and choose an accent color, it only applies to the title bars and window borders. There's the Show accent color on...
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  5. start taskbar action center color stuck after 1909 update

start taskbar action center color stuck after 1909 update: after upgrading to 1909 can't change color i have to either enable windws default theme or darkmode in order to have dynamic taskbar color chaning ,,is there any solution [ATTACH]...
  6. Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center

Unable to change colors on the start, taskbar and action center: I was just wondering if the problem of not being able to select color changes in the "start, taskbar and action center" section of personalization is ever going to be fixed. This problem was introduced in Feature update, Windows 10, Version 1903. Thanks...
  7. Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors)

Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors): In the Personalization/Colors (Show accent color on the following surfaces) I can not select Start, taskbar, and action center only Title bars is available. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. Thank you...
  8. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.: Hi, updated to 1903, all went well. Until I selected another background theme, then my taskbar turned white *Confused Now I cannot select Start, taskbar & action center in windows 10 color settings. It is grayed out. [img] If I change "choose your color" from Light to...
  9. Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...

Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent"...: I'm a tad confused. :/ I have Windows 10 installed on a PC at work and two PCs at home (Home and Professional). But on my home PC the Personalization Settings for Colors for "make Start, taskbar and action center transparent" is not listed, but "Transparency effects" is...
  10. Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10 Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to select start taskbar and action center in colors

2. Taskbar start menu and notifications turned white