Windows 10: changing my primary email on microsoft acc

Discus and support changing my primary email on microsoft acc in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; question 1 Can i change from gmail to yahoo? Question 2 When it says remove similiar accs does that mean delete them?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by stephenfoy1, Mar 17, 2020.

1. changing my primary email on microsoft acc

question 1 Can i change from gmail to yahoo? Question 2 When it says remove similiar accs does that mean delete them?

:)

stephenfoy1, Mar 17, 2020

2. Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Mar 17, 2020
  3. LoganB123 Win User
    Can't change primary email.

I added a new email to my alias list and verified it and i keep changing it to the primary alias and it is doing nothing.

LoganB123, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

changing my primary email on microsoft acc

Can't Sign into Xbox App or Play Microsoft Store Games After Changing Primary Email

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can be frustrating when you are not able to login to your Xbox account. As you have changed the Primary email address, it can take up to 48 hours for the change to your email address to be implemented across all Microsoft services.

For more information on changing primary email address for your Xbox account, please refer to:
    How to change the email address associated
    with your Microsoft account

I would also suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix problems signing in to the Xbox app

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

changing my primary email on microsoft acc

1. changing my primary email on microsoft acc - Similar Threads - changing primary email

2. Change primary Email on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary Email on Windows: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  3. Change primary Email on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change primary Email on Windows: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  4. Change Primary Email on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Primary Email on PC: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  5. Change Primary Email on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Primary Email on PC: Hello,I set up my PC with one email, and I would like to change it to another but I do not know how. When I go into "Email and accounts" in settings and scroll down to accounts used by other apps, I am unable to remove the email address. It just says manage rather than...
  6. Change Primary Email on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Changing my primary Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing my primary Microsoft account: I am currently trying to change the Microsoft account I use for this computer e.g. signing in, making purchases in the Microsoft Store, etc.. It was set up with an email I never use when it was first purchased, and I am planning to delete this one and link my primary email to...
  8. Changing primary email account.

Changing primary email account.: In short.I recently got a new SSD and HDD and reinstalled Windows. When I turned on my computer I input the wrong email to connect to the Desktop and settings I had originally on my previous HDD. I was able to add it to the account but now there is two J.D.Brown5's and I only...
  9. Changing primary email address on my Microsoft Account

Changing primary email address on my Microsoft Account: I would like to change my email address on my Microsoft account to my work email but when I try it tells me that email address is already taken. How can I change it to my work email rather than my personal gmail account? Thank you...
  10. Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User

Change Primary Microsoft Email for Admin User: In Windows 10 I have added a second Microsoft Account to my Admin User Settings, and would like to remove the first one that was linked during initial setup. Settings under Email & App Accounts offers "Manage" and "Remove" for the second email, but only "Manage" for the first...