Windows 10: changing OS language

Discus and support changing OS language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, i have "windows 10 home single language". my goal is to change the OS language to Turkish. how to do that? Moreover, i am using swedish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kerempg, Aug 23, 2016.

1. kerempg Win User

changing OS language

Hi all,
    i have "windows 10 home single language". my goal is to change the OS language to Turkish. how to do that?

Moreover, i am using swedish keyboard, when i change my OS language to Turkish, it will not affect the swedish keyboard, right?

:)

kerempg, Aug 23, 2016
  2. 7thSense Win User

Changing the OS Language build

You can only change between the display languages found under Settings ->
    region+language.

The only way to get more languages at the moment is through a ROM update unfortunately. So, check with your closest HTC service center if they can assist you.

7thSense, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Changing the OS Language build

Can Somebody Pl. clarify whether the official Mango ROM update in English has been released & if Yes from where it can be downloaded.

Phone Manufacturer: HTC

Phone Model: 7 Pro

Mobile Operator: Du

Phone Operating System version: 7.0(7392)

Zune software version: 4.8.2345.0

Computer Operating System version: 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium

Rajagopalan Narayanan, Aug 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

changing OS language

How do you change your OS display language?
    - from the Tutorial section I've found you:
    Language - Add, Remove, and Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But note there are pitfalls. You must also download and change the speech language as well.

Cortana will probably give you a message if language settings are not consistent.

The final test is if you can still search Settings. If you haven't changed your Region, display and speech languages etc to match, you will get a strange message about search results not being quite ready yet when you try to search Settings.

The keyboard setting does not matter in this respect.

I have had trouble with this, and recommend you create a full disk image (e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) before doing so, so you can easily revert to that if you get into difficulties. MS has not made this as easy as it should be.

Note: everyone should use disk imaging routinely so as to get out of difficulty without tech help by restoring a previously created image. Even helps as a backup and if your disk fails.

dalchina, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

changing OS language

1. changing OS language - Similar Threads - changing language

2. changing languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing languages: I switched to Chinese. The language bar changed into offering me English and Chinese in Chinese. I clicked on the character for English. I now have English back again, but the language option has disappeared from the tray. I can no longer switch languages....
  3. Unable to change Default Language - Windows 10.0.18363 N/A version 18363

Unable to change Default Language - Windows 10.0.18363 N/A version 18363: Hi I have recently been handed my laptop from the organization with default language as French. In the previous laptops running Windows 10 I was simply able to update the default system language. But on this one I am stuck. I have added the English language pack in the...
  4. Changing the region without changing language Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing the region without changing language Microsoft store: Hello, I changed my current region to Japan because I'm leaving there, and also to have prices in yen in the Windows store. But know I got some stuff in Japanese in the app. How can I change my region and ONLY the region, not any language features, or, at least, only change...
  5. Change language in Widows Ap ie. Movie maker

Change language in Widows Ap ie. Movie maker: Our Windows Applications appear in Estonian because our visiting friend downloaded it in that Language. How can I change it to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-language-in-widows-ap-ie-movie-maker/8a3f6c6e-1eff-4581-9b23-c11547c39667
  6. Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default

Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default: Hi, I try to use the Microsoft speech recognition app and want to use it in my native language French. when I go to : - Settings -> Time & Language ->Speech I can change the "Choose the language you speak with your device" from English Canada to French Canada as it is...
  7. [HELP] Language just doesn’t change, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Language just doesn’t change, please help: I bought a thinkpad t480 from the Netherlands and it cake shipped with a Dutch version of windows 10 home, after wiping everything, I thought it’d give an option to start over and choose English but no, so after painstakingly using google translate through the setup I finally...
  8. How to properly change language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to properly change language?: I've got a fairly new Lenovo laptop (C340) with Windows 10 Home English version installed and since i would like to give it to my dad who doesn't speak a single english word i would like to change the OS language to Italian. The problem is, even after changing the language...
  9. How do i change the language in Sea of Theives

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do i change the language in Sea of Theives: I have my game in Russian language. My region optionsin win is in Slovaktrying to change to other countries but still no effect. I know there is no slovak translation but i want it in english at least....
  10. How and where to change the Language and Display Keyboard to change the language on the taskbar

How and where to change the Language and Display Keyboard to change the language on the taskbar: Hi my name is John, and I live in Canada. I need some help to fix a language keyboard issue with my desktop. Every time the windows is updated I believe that is the time, the language keyboard disappears from my task bar. So my computer is switching to the Canadian...