Windows 10: Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo.

Discus and support Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I googled this subject and noticed many other people had the same problem, but I did not see any satisfactory answers, At the moment I can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeL734, May 3, 2020.

1. MikeL734 Win User

Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo.

Hi, I googled this subject and noticed many other people had the same problem, but I did not see any satisfactory answers, At the moment I can only download to "pictures" on the "C" drive. Could I just move "pictures" to another drive or folder?

:)

MikeL734, May 3, 2020

2. Unable to change the import destination in photos

Hi Karl,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to this computer prior to the issue?
    2. How are you trying to import the camera photos onto your computer?

If the Photos Application is just disappearing, then I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store and then try to import the photos
    from your camera onto your computer.

You might not be able to directly import the photos from your camera to a specific folder in the Photos application, so I suggest you to import the photos from your camera and it will appear in the Collection tab in the Photos application. Then, you
    will be able to create an Album for all those pictures.

Else, once you connect your camera to the computer, you can go to
    This PC
    > Double-click on your camera > Copy the photos that you want by selecting the photos and pressing the
    Ctrl and C keys > Then, paste those photos in a specific folder that you have created.

If you want this folder to be visible in the Photos application, then you just need to go to
    Folders tab beside to Albums tab > Click on
    Add a folder
    > Then, select the folder where the photos are located.

For reference, you may also refer Import photos and videos from phone to
    PC
    and the section Import photos and videos from
    See all your photos and check if this helps.

You may also follow the suggestions
    provided by Andre Da Costa dated December 21, 2015.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 3, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo. 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, May 3, 2020
  4. Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo.

can't change destination on windows10 for uploaded photos

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this helps answer your question.

Seems that you want to change the file destination of your uploaded photos if I may ask how do you upload and sync photos? is it via Photos app? Follow the steps provided below and this will surely helps.

Step 1. Open Settings (Press Windows key + i or Press windows key and look for settings)

Step 2. On Settings click on System then click on Storage, scroll down and click Change where new content is saved then you will see drop down where you want to save new Photos and videos.

Solution 2.

You may also refer to this link for more information and troubleshooting steps:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/74942-move-...

Hope this will help us resolved the issue.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Lester

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo.

1. Changing the destination when down loading photo's to win photo. - Similar Threads - Changing destination down

2. Photos app - unable to change photos import destination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - unable to change photos import destination: I am not able to change the destination of my pictures when importing using Photos. I was able to do this a few days ago but something changed. When I clicked on the change the destination button, I get a list of folders that I can use but when I select one, the app clocks...
  3. Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....: When I connect a camera or insert a SD Card into the laptop, the Photo App opens and finds the new photos, then I click on "Change Destination" to create a new folder to store the photos, a dialog window opens and I create the folder, when i click on "Add this folder to...."...
  4. Photos destination not working.

Photos destination not working.: I have a couple of issues with importing photos from a device. Previously, when I imported photos the program would create a folder for them with the month and year in the folder name. This was very convenient, as I could easily find the photos. However, recently, this has...
  5. photo import destination changed

photo import destination changed: Before Dec 2020 started I was able to import pictures and the app would set up a new file in the YYY-MM-DD format for the destination. Now I have to create a new file and each time I import photos, I need to change the destination to the file. Why has this changed? It is a...
  6. Photos app keeps changing photo destination

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos app keeps changing photo destination: Hello! I've been able to import photos just fine in the past, but recently the Photos app has changed where my photos get imported to. I want to import them to my external hard drive, where they have been going, but Windows keeps changing the destination. This is when I...
  7. can't change destination on windows10 for uploaded photos

can't change destination on windows10 for uploaded photos: Until recently I was able to change the destination folder of any photos I uploaded from my phone. In the past month or so, it will not let me change the destination, and just crashes when I try. So my photos are all going to the last folder I used before the problem...
  8. Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination: Every time I seek to upload photos from any USB device and seek to change the import destination folder, the app crashes. This was not a problem last month. I have followed instructions given on the forum here...
  9. Unable to change the import destination in photos

Unable to change the import destination in photos: Why am I unable to change the destination folder when I try to import photo's from my camera. Every time I try, the app just disappears. I have to import to the folder that is already in the app and then move the pictures. This never used to happen....
  10. Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos - crash when changing import destination: during an import, I click on Import Settings -> Change the Import destination. I select an existing folder in my Pictures directory. Windows Photos closes....