Windows 10: Changing the Start Menu Tile Side

Discus and support Changing the Start Menu Tile Side in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have basically given up hope that Microsoft will return the Windows 7 (and before) Start Menu back where it belongs. So I want to play their game and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by caveman88, Aug 13, 2015.

1. caveman88 Win User

Changing the Start Menu Tile Side

I have basically given up hope that Microsoft will return the Windows 7 (and before) Start Menu back where it belongs. So I want to play their game and try to modify the tile side. I see that programs that I pin to the Start menu go to the very bottom of the tiles. I added a title called Start List Programs and moved all of the pinned programs under that title. Before I mess thing up, I am wondering if I could move that title and the list of programs above the Life at a Glance section. I know that every time I pin something to the Start menu I would have to move it to the top but it would be better than having to pull the bar down to the bottom every time I wanted to access something from the Start menu.

If that fails, I will see if Classic Shell has a Windows 10 option and go from there.

Bill

:)

caveman88, Aug 13, 2015

2. Tiles and Start Menu

I have no idea how this changed, but thinking it was an update. My start menu is gone and tiles are on my desktop. My display will now divide into multiple screens side by side.

How do I get back the menu and remove the tiles? I cannot find it anywhere.

SherryGoettler, Aug 13, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Account icon or tile Win 10

Right-click on the tile > Unpin from Start

The right side of the Start menu, where the tiles are, is called "Start." I don't know if the left side has an official name. The left and right sides together make up the "Start menu." If it sounds confusing, that's because it is.

BulldogXX, Aug 13, 2015
  4. caveman88 Win User

Sorry all but I played with exactly what I said and I was able to get it to work. So I am going to close this thread as solved.

Bill

caveman88, Aug 13, 2015
  5. satchmo Win User
    The tiles in the Windows 10 Start menu are actually quite customizable.

You can drag and drop each group of tiles to your heart's content.

Here is what I've done with my tiles.

Changing the Start Menu Tile Side [​IMG]

satchmo, Aug 13, 2015
  6. tcman50 Win User
    I have also wondered if whole groups of tiles under a label can be moved at once or does each tile have to be moved on it's own?

TC *sarc

tcman50, Aug 13, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    You can move groups by hovering over the right side of the 'name space' and grabbing on the double lines:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Edwin, Aug 13, 2015
  8. caveman88 Win User

I like the format. I guess I will have to look at all of the tiles and see what I want and don't want and go from there.

How did you get that picture? When I try to Snip, the Start menu goes away.

Thanks,
    Bill

caveman88, Aug 13, 2015
  9. OldAussie Win User
    If you just press the Print Screen key, without any modifiers, it doesn't dismiss the start menu if it is showing. You can then paste it into Paint or any other image editing program.

OldAussie, Aug 13, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Or you could use the 'Delay' feature in Snipping Tool.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing the Start Menu Tile Side - Similar Threads - Changing Start Menu

2. Change the colour of a tile in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the colour of a tile in the start menu?: Hey, So I tried to pin the Elite Dangerous launcher to my start menu, turns out to be white or very light grey, which breaks the entire grey / dark scheme I have going on. I tried creating an 'EDLaunch.VisualElementsManifest.xml' with these parameters; <Application...
  3. Start Menu Tiles...

Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  4. How to change Start menu tile icon

How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  5. Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  6. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326