Windows 10: Changing UEFI settings

Discus and support Changing UEFI settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In Windows 8 there a way to change settings in your PC's UEFI firmware. Is this possible in W10? 8476 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by worldstream, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Changing UEFI settings

In Windows 8 there a way to change settings in your PC's UEFI firmware. Is this possible in W10?

:)

worldstream, Jul 17, 2015
  2. msbaysalr Win User

Blue screen, Page Fault in non page area

Boot mode is set to: UEFI: Secure Boot: Off

Should I be on Legacy Boot or UEFI Boot? I just found a place I could change that setting? Should I change to UEFI?

Sorry but all of this is way above my head

msbaysalr, Jul 17, 2015
  3. iDym Win User
    \Boot\BCD Error 0xc000000f Can't boot Windows 10

I didn't change the BIOS, it's still set on "LEGACY+UEFI."

I can't set to "LEGACY" only, there's "LEGACY+UEFU" or "UEFI"

4. genet Win User
Thema:

Changing UEFI settings

1. Changing UEFI settings - Similar Threads - Changing UEFI settings

2. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  3. Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.: Hello,I have recently been trying to restart my computer and boot into UEFI mode so I can access the BIOS settings of my computer, but I am always unable to do so. I am always able to get to the point of restarting and selecting the UEFI mode, but it never actually opens it....
  4. Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.: Hello,I have recently been trying to restart my computer and boot into UEFI mode so I can access the BIOS settings of my computer, but I am always unable to do so. I am always able to get to the point of restarting and selecting the UEFI mode, but it never actually opens it....
  5. Unable to enter UEFI mode to change BIOS settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...: As shown above the Bios does not want to take the change. I also did UEFI on all the rest like network etc but again Bios did not take the change so everything back to legacy and all works fine. But I need to change to UEFI to get Win 11. I changed to TMP with no problems...
  7. UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...: As shown above the Bios does not want to take the change. I also did UEFI on all the rest like network etc but again Bios did not take the change so everything back to legacy and all works fine. But I need to change to UEFI to get Win 11. I changed to TMP with no problems...
  8. ALERT & HELP !!! 2004 update changed my UEFI setting

ALERT & HELP !!! 2004 update changed my UEFI setting: My hard disk has 3 partition, and install different win 10 1809 and 1909, multi boot use bcd and security by bitlocker. Yestday, I update one partition from 1909 to 2004, and then, the other 2 partition os 1809 ask me to input recovery key !!! because the security boot polics...
  9. Blackscreen for UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blackscreen for UEFI settings: I go into advanced startup, I restart, I go to troubleshoot, and to my UEFI settings. It then proceeds to say to restart to change UEFI settings, and when I do so, my screen goes black then appears to stay black. I've taken my time and waited to see if anything would happen,...
  10. Confused UEFI settings

Confused UEFI settings: I have win 8.1 pro currently installed in UEFI mode. I have installed another hard drive and want to install Windows10 pro but use my win 8.1 as default. My confusion on UEFI settings arises from the fact that when I installed Win 8 I set the OS Type to Win8 in UEFI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing uemi settings windows 7