Windows 10: Changing windows administrative region

Discus and support Changing windows administrative region in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it safe to change Windows administrative region (system locale) to another country ? What effect possible could happened ? [img] 85312 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, May 24, 2017.

1. Changing windows administrative region

Is it safe to change Windows administrative region (system locale) to another country ? What effect possible could happened ?

Changing windows administrative region [​IMG]

:)

mikelferdinan, May 24, 2017
  2. archp2008 Win User

Change administrative Region listings

Changing windows administrative region [​IMG]

This is the screen I was referring to. I wanted to get rid of the references to United States and Unilted KIngdom. I assume this could confuse Cortana with respect to the fact that my region is Canada and not the United States or the United Kingdom.

archp2008, May 24, 2017
  3. Change administrative Region listings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated.

I understand that you wanted to change administrative Region listings. I will be happy to assist you with this.

To assist you further with this issue, please send us the screenshot of the Region listings and we would be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, May 24, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Changing windows administrative region

Can you explain why you are making this change?

Are you moving or just visiting? Is it a temporary change or permanent?

Here is a caution about software purchased via the Windows Store:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows-store

The same restriction may or may not apply to other software purchased with a region based license.

Anyhow, you can always change it back:
    Change Country or Region Home Location in Windows 10

Another good reference:
    Location of Windows 10 - Change for when Abroad

Hope this helps a bit.

regards,

5. Yes i am from asia and i visiting europe next week and bring my laptop. Is this only effect windows store ? or this also effect my windows language or anything else?

mikelferdinan, May 24, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    I honestly can't say for sure because I have no idea what other software you have installed that may have been purchased with a regionally based license restriction; however, since the tutorial (link provided) does not provide any catastrophic warnings and clearly states "you can always change it back", I think you will be just fine. Our admin is really good about providing any necessary cautions.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy you trip.

regards,

Thema:

Changing windows administrative region

1. Changing windows administrative region - Similar Threads - Changing administrative region

2. MS store region will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS store region will not change.: Everything is set to US English. Everything is set to region: US. Windows is set to US English and region US. MS account in the web and in windows is set to English and US Region. MS Store still stuck on Japanese....
  3. Cannot change or choose a region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change or choose a region: So I just installed window 10 and I reboot my computer but now my issue is that I can change région or even choose on I don’t the curser of my mouse and nothing is working. I also restart my computer a number of times and it goes back to that situation...
  4. Sites Region changes automatically

Sites Region changes automatically: Hello.I'm trying to prevent sites like dell.com or Nvidia.com to switch address based on my region, for example dell.com switch to dell.com/it-it.i live in Italy but i prefer english, i've been able to do it before but i don't know how, my system language sets on english i...
  5. Change your Store region

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Change your Store region: Im trying to buy a game, but every time i go to purchase it gives me The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match. and I looked up what to do. So I followed as said and still nothing happens. Can someone please help me with this....
  6. Change your Store region

Change your Store region: Im trying to buy a game, but every time i go to purchase it gives me The region in which your payment option was issued and your Store region need to match. and I looked up what to do. So I followed as said and still nothing happens. Can someone please help me with this....
  7. Change region

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change region: Hi.. Why I cannot change the region in my windows 10 PC? Because its already Arabic and u want to change it in English... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-region/f891b8f9-556e-47b9-ac26-f28d8ea63ee1
  8. change the usable region of the touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    change the usable region of the touchpad: I keep accidentally touching the left side of the touchpad with my palm. is there a way to disable a half inch of the touchpad? submitted by /u/grandpa2390 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhfehs/change_the_usable_region_of_the_touchpad/
  9. Changing region

Changing region: Hey, I'm having problems changing the country/region when filling the shipping category. It's on USA and it won't let to change it to anything else. I'd be very glad if somebody could help....
  10. Cannot change region

Cannot change region: Hi, I am trying to make a purchase in Sniper Fury. When I try to complete the transaction, it will only let me choose from a USA states and won't let me change the region to Australia. How do I fix this?...