Windows 10: Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10

Discus and support Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10 How to Check if Last Boot was from Fast Startup, Full Shutdown, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10

How to: Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10

How to Check if Last Boot was from Fast Startup, Full Shutdown, or Hibernate

Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10 [​IMG]
    Information Users in Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 are able to perform a hybrid shutdown (fast startup), a full shutdown, or hibernate on the PC.

Fast startup (aka: hiberboot, hybrid boot, or hybrid shutdown) is turned on by default in Windows and is a setting that helps your PC start up faster after shutdown. Even faster than hibernate.

Hibernate is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops, and might not be available for all PCs (PCs with InstantGo don't have the hibernate option). Hibernate uses less power than sleep and when you start up the PC again, you’re back to where you left off (though not as fast as sleep). Use hibernation when you know that you won't use your laptop or tablet for an extended period and won't have an opportunity to charge the battery during that time.

A full shutdown will close all apps, sign out all users, and completely turn off the PC. A full shutdown is good to use if you don't plan to use your PC for an extended period and wanted to completely power off the PC.

This tutorial will show you how to check if the last boot was from a hybrid shutdown (fast startup), full shutdown, or resume from hibernate in Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste either command below into PowerShell, and press Enter.

Code:
    OR

Code:
    3. Look for The boot type was under the shutdown time period you want, and compare it with the table below. (see screenshot below)

Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10 [​IMG]

[table][tr][td]Boot Type[/td] [td]Description[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]0x0[/td] [td]cold boot from full shutdown[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]0x1[/td] [td]hybrid boot (fast startup)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]0x2[/td] [td]resume from hibernation[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 14, 2017
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 8 faster boot: cold boot / hibernate combo

Sounds interesting and I look forward to it. *Cool Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10 :cool:

HEXUS

qubit, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Hybrid Boot

Windows 10T, like it's predecessor Windows 8, is designed to close & reopen faster by booting - Hybrid Boot.

It has left your system in a hibernated state, with the drives mounted, open and ready to take off as soon as Windows 8/10 restarts. When a drive is mounted, a little piece of data is written to a standard place on the disk to show it is in use - it is called the "dirty bit" which is what Windows checks for during start-up & then initiates the CHKDSK sequence.

Settings to disable Hybrid Boot:

1. Control Panel -> Power Plan
    2. Select "Choose what the power button does" on left hand side.
    3. Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable".
    4. Uncheck "Turn on fast startup" under shutdown settings.

WightWalker, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 8 faster boot: cold boot / hibernate combo

windows 7 w/ a ssd is already pretty dang fast, from hibernation its pretty much instant, cold boot is maybe 20s.

bostonbuddy, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Check if Last Boot from Hybrid, Full, or Hibernate in Windows 8 and 10 - Similar Threads - Check Last Boot

2. Windows wont boot from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont boot from hibernation: My computer won't boot from Hibernation and Sleep. Typically if I set my computer to sleep/hibernate it will wake up if I attempt to do so straight away. If I walk away and try in 20 minutes or so, the PC will fail to wake and it requires a manual restart with the power...
  3. Windows wont boot from hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont boot from hibernation: My computer won't boot from Hibernation and Sleep. Typically if I set my computer to sleep/hibernate it will wake up if I attempt to do so straight away. If I walk away and try in 20 minutes or so, the PC will fail to wake and it requires a manual restart with the power...
  4. sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep versus hibernate versus hybrid sleep: How to enter hybrid sleep? For a long time, but not forever on win10, this Asus 2 in 1 laptop can never awake from sleep, it hard locks in sleep when it goes to sleep on its own, And usually hard locks within a few minutes. I told it NEVER to shut down when on AC power, so...
  5. Check if Windows 10 last boot was from Fast Startup, Full Shutdown, or Hibernate

in Windows 10 News
    Check if Windows 10 last boot was from Fast Startup, Full Shutdown, or Hibernate: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 has three Startup Options, one is the Fast Startup (Hybrid), the Full Shutdown and the Hibernate mode. By default, the Hybrid Startup is selected. It does not fully shutdown the computer but keeps it in a standby mode [...] This post Check if...
  6. System Does a Full restart from Hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Does a Full restart from Hibernation: Just upgraded to Win 10 from 7. When ever I turn on my box to recover from hibernation. It says encountered a problem and is fixing then performs a boot from scratch. It refers to a kernel data inpage error and a 0xc000001 error. Machine is an HP Pavilion g I found a...
  7. System Does Full Restart From Hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Does Full Restart From Hibernation: Just upgraded to Win 10 from 7. When ever I turn on my box to recover from hibernation. It says encountered a problem and is fixing then performs a boot from scratch. It refers to a kernel data inpage error and a 0xc000001 error. Machine is an HP Pavilion g I found a...
  8. Windows 10 freezes on boot from Hibernate?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezes on boot from Hibernate?: Hi all, I've got an older Acer Aspire 6530 I was asked to install Windows 10 on for a friend. It's running Win10 Home 64-bit and is a fresh install. All works fine except if the computer goes to sleep, isn't touched for long enough and then goes into hibernate, when I wake...
  9. Cannot Boot from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Boot from Hibernate: This is on a fresh Windows 10 install, using a 60 GB SSD and a pair of 1 TB HDD's. No folders were moved off the SSD (C:\) outside of what Windows supports. (That is, I moved all user folders to the HDD that I was allowed to, and installed all programs to the HDD that I was...
  10. Problems with Hybrid boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Hybrid boot: Hello, I have 2 PCs, both running win 10 updated from 8.1. The desktop has an AMD processor and graphics card, the laptop has an intel i5 and nvidia card. Both have 8 gb ram. Since an update around 2 weeks ago both have a strange problem: fast booting does not work anymore....