Windows 10: chkdsk report cut off mid-way?

Discus and support chkdsk report cut off mid-way? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having disc problems and I ran a chhdsk report. The report listed up to "Record 68 of 238: Corrupt File" and then the report cut off half-way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rivre, Oct 11, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

chkdsk report cut off mid-way?

I'm having disc problems and I ran a chhdsk report. The report listed up to "Record 68 of 238: Corrupt File" and then the report cut off half-way through. So I can't see the rest of the 238 files that were affected. It says it repaired the files but in my experience the files are not repaired - they will still be corrupted. So I need to know which files are affected so I can look into this further. Is there any way of me seeing the rest of the report? Why did it cut off?

:)

rivre, Oct 11, 2016

2. Reviews cut off

Why are reviews cut off in mid-sentence?

The Marketplace (phone version, not PC) doesn't display the full text allowed in writing a review. That means they are often cut off in mid sentence, which makes them pretty worthless and also looks horrible.

How hard is it for Microsoft to be consistent and not truncate the reviews?

newsflash40, Oct 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Search Is Broken

Some searchs will work. Others it cuts off mid word. The ones it cuts off it does everytime. Batman gets shortened to bat for me too

sortofindian, Oct 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 11, 2016
  5. rivre Win User
    I'm already in the event viewer. A popup came up and says "Your Drive was successfully repaired. The drive is ready to use". And there's a link to "Show Details" That link opens the event viewer for that file. So I'm looking at it and it's cut off where I mentioned. How is this possible? I checked the files it did list and sure enough repair means nothing to Windows. They are all corrupted. So I need to know what these other 170 corrupted files are. They could be anything. Ridiculous.

rivre, Oct 11, 2016
  6. rivre Win User
    Any reason chkdsk cut off mid-way through the report? Is this normal when there's lots of corrupted files? Whats the point of a report if it's cut off mid-way? It starts listing the files one by one then cuts off mid-way through the list.

rivre, Oct 11, 2016
  7. Spike999 Win User
    Does it do it if you run it again?

Spike999, Oct 11, 2016
  8. 91fw Win User

I concur with rivre. My laptop shut itself down while sleeping and on power up was doing chkdsk. Processed few EA records, and then muddled through over 28 thousand reparse records. Good thing I watched the screen - the event log got shut off someplace and therefore could not even show me the subsequent steps such as indexes or sectors which did occur but the screen cleared to quickly to read what it said.
    Event log is cut short as well. Useless.

9. Neemobeer Win User
    If run in a command prompt, it probably got cut off due to the buffer size of the command prompt. Chkdsk does write everything to the Application log in event viewer so everything should be in there.

Neemobeer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. chkdsk report cut off mid-way? - Similar Threads - chkdsk report cut

2. chkdsk report

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chkdsk report: hey so i ran a chkdsk and thn i searched for the logs so can u tell me is there any problem or not by seeing the logs:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Windows Error Reporting Date: 18-12-2021 15:31:22 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User:...
  3. chkdsk report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk report: hey so i ran a chkdsk and thn i searched for the logs so can u tell me is there any problem or not by seeing the logs:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Windows Error Reporting Date: 18-12-2021 15:31:22 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User:...
  4. chkdsk report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Folder and File names get cut off mid word on foreign languages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder and File names get cut off mid word on foreign languages: basically as the title says: Folder and File names get cut off mid word on foreign languages. could not find a solution anywhere online. screenshot attached. OS build: 19042.867 [ATTACH]...
  6. Internet cuts off way too frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet cuts off way too frequently: i can ‘t go on 3 minutes without it cutting. i have a TP-Link TL-WN881ND card. already uninstalled the driver and installed again, didn’t work. no clue what to do at this point. submitted by /u/LucidBelief [link] [comments]...
  7. Audio cuts on and off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio cuts on and off: I recently installed windows 10. Everything seems to work well except my audio. It doesn't matter if I'm on youtube or playing video games, the sound works for 30 seconds then off for 1 sec. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Gothlander [link] [comments]...
  8. CHKDSK Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK Report: Can you explain me the chkdsk results of my HDD? What is the condition of my hard drive? Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. A disk check has been scheduled. Windows will now check the disk. Stage 1: Examining basic...
  9. App cut off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    App cut off?: [ATTACH] In the picture above you can clearly see that a good portion of the application is cut out. I've literally tried everything to solve this problem. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-cut-off/9dd64952-3c19-4a87-815f-6d761e4e1c56
  10. Is this false CHKDSK reporting?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is this false CHKDSK reporting?: Hi all - I open an administrative command window on W10 Pro and type chkdsk c: /F /V so that chkdsk can run on the boot volume upon restart. Drive C: is an SSD. Upon reboot, chkdsk is invoked and I notice this: [img] Note the bottom line in the picture - Scanning and...