Windows 10: Classic Picture Viewer

Discus and support Classic Picture Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The new one is terrible, it's like a phone app or something. Is there a way to get the windows 7 style one back, or something close that that one? 13904 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BriniaSona, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Classic Picture Viewer

The new one is terrible, it's like a phone app or something. Is there a way to get the windows 7 style one back, or something close that that one?

:)

BriniaSona, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 Slideshow Options

I think I have the fix to this.

I had the same question and played around for a while. There are two picture viewing programs. My default was merely called "Photo," Which had no options for the slideshow, and the slideshow wouldn't play the entire folder unless I selected all the
    images, hit enter, and then played the slideshow.

My fix is to change the default picture viewer to the original "Windows Photo Viewer" It will be the classic design that you likely are familiar with. I hope this helps others. I know it was what I was looking for.

This option should be in the "default programs" setting on the computer.

BenjaminValley, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10, no picture slideshow options. FIXED. Not for wallpaper or lock screen slideshows.

I have the fix to this.

I could not modify the options in photo slideshows and I finally figured out how to fix it.

There are two picture viewing programs. My default was merely called "Photo," Which had no options for the slideshow, and the slideshow wouldn't play the entire folder unless I selected all the images, hit enter, and then played
    the slideshow.

My fix is to change the default picture viewer to the original "Windows Photo Viewer" It will be the classic design that you likely are familiar with. I hope this helps others. I know it was what I was looking for.

This option should be in the "default programs" setting on the computer.

BenjaminValley, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Classic Picture Viewer

If you mean Windows Photo Viewer: Yes, it is still there; you find it in C:/Program Files/Windows Photo Viewer. But be aware: The sorting function might be broken. Ahh, that is what you can then tell me: Are the images still opening in the correct order for you in Windows Photo Viewer?

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Not in my system it ain't ? I have a folder called Windows Photo Viewer. See attached. There is no exe or file to run. But I seem to be able tio use Photo Viewer when looking at older photos. When I come to view newer ones, it reverts to the standard (yuccy) app.*Mad

Brian

GeordieBoi, Jul 5, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jul 6, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

Classic Picture Viewer

1. Classic Picture Viewer - Similar Threads - Classic Picture Viewer

2. Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture viewer defaults to wrong location.: I am using the picture viewer in Windows 11, but I get the error message shown below because the picture is not located in OneDrive but is in my local Pictures folder. How do I change the default?C:\Users\name\OneDrive\Pictures\Camera Roll\Picture.jpgNo such interface is...
  3. picture viewer default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture viewer default: how do I change the default to view my pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-viewer-default/4b8e5de1-77bd-4195-8669-5d5229acbcd4
  4. Windows classic picture viewer runs too slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows classic picture viewer runs too slow: Well,I use the classic Windows picture viewer because I consider it better than the new Windows 10 new Photos app, but lately I have had a problem with it. Before, when I clicked in opening a picture, it opened immediately, but now when I click to open a picture with the...
  5. how to keep windows picture viewer

how to keep windows picture viewer: With the latest updates, once again, Windows changes from picture viewer to photos. I'm on Win10pro v 200 Any permement way to keep windows from doing this or do I have to keep changing it back? thanks. Mark 167489
  6. picture shuffling in photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    picture shuffling in photo viewer: hi, the problem i face that is ,i have some picture in my folder . i want to view them in order asseding or by date . but photo viewer didnot play them in order . picture change by left right arrow keys in shuffle. why pictures are not play next ,next,next,next. 1 picture...
  7. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  8. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  9. Default Picture viewer not taking

Default Picture viewer not taking: Hi I have set the Photos app as the default .JPG viewer but every time I click on a .jpg file I get the message "How do you want to open this file?" "Keep using this app" see attached pic. How do I stop this error, I have tried setting other viewers as default...
  10. Looking for Picture viewer with tags and comments

Looking for Picture viewer with tags and comments: Hello I'm looking for a picture viewer where I could - set tags and and write comments. - view pictures by selecting tags, Comments not written on the picture Any suggestion Martin 58237