Windows 10: Clean install and recovery console in Win 10?

Discus and support Clean install and recovery console in Win 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So if I use the free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Can't I choose to save the install files and either install later or reinstall if need to or if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GerryPeters, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Clean install and recovery console in Win 10?

So if I use the free upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Can't I choose to save the install files and either install later or reinstall if need to or if things don't work out do a clean install?

What about the recovery console in Win 10? Can I make a Win 10 install DVD? Or would I use the Win 8 DVD for the recovery console?

:)

GerryPeters, Jan 15, 2016

2. downgrade windows 10 pro to home

There are online pc magazines which recently posted a link for downloading the latest Windows 10 preview insider build (14931). After installing it came out that this is not Win 10 but Win 10 pro. Formerly there was an option with recovery console [rstrui]
    to go back to previous installation. But once Win 10 pro is installed there is all of a sudden no way back, pc security mysteriously deactivated...

GopalMohan_das, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 revert back to Windows 7

Hello All,

I've had Win 10 installed (upgrade) for over two months now and was prepared to put up with the various bugs, however, after a crash today and going into a continual loop of repair / diagnose and no result, trying all the proposed fixes on net, I decided
    to hit the revert back to your previous build in the Windows recovery console as the PC would not fully boot past the previous statements.

I had tried on several occasions to create a restore point but this for some reason failed (cannot remember the exact message).

After which, this remained in stating 'restarting' for around 6 hours after which I gave up. I realise (now) I'm passed the 30 days grace period, so it would seem the recovery console will not allow me to revert (neither will settings, recovery).

I decided to create bootable media and install Win 10 on an additional drive, however, I've now lost most programs and really am not happy with Win 10, so want to revert back to Win 7.

I have a legit key (obviously, as I was able to upgrade) but no download link anymore, so the volume and key will not match.

So, what advice I would be grateful of is two fold:

is there anyway to repair the original Win 10 installation so I can carry on as was, albeit with the bugs

or

a way to re-install, even if a clean install, back to the sanity of Win 7.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thank you

Clown_Prince, Jan 15, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Clean install and recovery console in Win 10?

Yes

I would use this to just do the upgrade with in the first place:
    USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Once the flash drive is made, just insert it with the previous OS running and run setup.exe on it. That will do the upgrade.

If you want to create the recovery drive after upgrading to Windows 10 then:
    Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Before you upgrade, I would highly recommend you make an image of the current OS:
    Creating a backup image of your computer, drive or partitions - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

Before you do a clean install, I recommend this:
    Windows10 reinstall or restore or...? - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2016
  5. Word Man Win User
    Word Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Clean install and recovery console in Win 10?

1. Clean install and recovery console in Win 10? - Similar Threads - Clean install recovery

2. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...: did a clean install of win 10 with win 10 installation disk on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean" install is using 3 quarters of the ssd. trying to find a way to format said ssd without success. Is there a utility out there that can override window's...
  3. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...: did a clean install of win 10 with win 10 installation disk on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean" install is using 3 quarters of the ssd. trying to find a way to format said ssd without success. Is there a utility out there that can override window's...
  4. did a clean install of win 10 on an ssd with a previous win 10 installation, the "clean"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10

CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 10: Attn: Greg Carmack Greg: I am studying your tutorial on doing a CLEAN INSTALL to try to familiarize my self with the process. Your instructions are quite simple to understand but I am getting confused on the link to the article about File History. This is what I understand...
  6. Clean install win 10

Clean install win 10: Hey, I have a toshiba satellite computer. a week ago the computer got into the automatic repair loop. After trying some methods i understood that my only option is to clean install win 10 again. So, i used Rufus to make a bootable usb and when the installation got atarted i...
  7. clean install win 10

clean install win 10: cannot create a partition or find an existing one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-win-10/72c073f8-1a63-4866-b133-7559ced90d03
  8. Clean install of win 10 ?

Clean install of win 10 ?: Hi guys;i could never do a Clean a install of win10 preview on my PC's from a DVD ISO, i get stuck here, see pic; although i can upgrade from win 7 to win 10. the DVD ISO i made was from MS. Image codes: DSC02178 4374
  9. Install clean Win 10

Install clean Win 10: Hello I used the media creation tool which I had burned to dvd to install win 10 after uupgradingfrom 8.1. I paid strict attention to any place like adv or apply to delete the partitions but found none. I did tell it to bring "nothing" forward in the process. The pc works...
  10. Clean install Win 10

Clean install Win 10: Initial state of machine - Machine Lenovo AIO, win10 home 64bit UEFI Created DVD and USB via media creation tool 64bit win 10 home and booted into both media they load as far as getting all files then reboots. System created 4 partions Disc map on 2TB disc. Partion size...