Windows 10: Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; I'll be here to help. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Gladitor04, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

I'll be here to help. *Smile

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Ok being a stubborn old man, kept playing with this dam store app update problem. Found out that it was giving me an error msg.
    Wrote down the error # and then did a search on bing. Turns out this error 0x80073d0a means it found that windows firewall was off.
    Ok......I did turn it off in msconfig long time ago. I am using Nortons, didn't need windows firewall. So I went and turned it on, in msconfig, rebooted, then turned off Nortons firewall for time limit of 1 hour. rebooted again. Their were 20 apps that had updates pending, which never finished. Went into store, clicked on the updates, 17 were completed, 2 were finishing up, then completed, clicked on check for updates, it found one more for Xbox, (which I hate) updated it. So according to the store app, all the updates are completed?? Is their any way to actually check if they really did complete Shawn?? Cause right now, it seems to have worked, just don't know IF it really did. *Smile

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The only way that I know of to check is to check for updates in the Store to see if any are available. If not, then they were installed.

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Well then, its fixed, cause can't find anymore updates. Nortons firewall was blocking the updates. Strange, but, I've read reports about this problem with Norton and windows 10 updates. Ok then problem solved. *Smile

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Good news. Personally, I wouldn't touch Norton with a ten foot pole with its track record of causing issues in Windows 10 due to it being over aggressive.

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes you are correct about Norton, that I can't argue with. *Smile But on the other side of the coin, I have been running Norton for years, and just renewed my subscription just last month for another year, as I run Norton on 2 computers. Norton has never given me problems until I upgraded to Win 10. But I will admit that since moving to Win 10, it has made doing some tasks difficult. So I am getting use to learning how to control Norton when an issue comes up. I don't think its just Norton either, I believe their are other AV and firewalls that can also mess up Win 10, not just Nortons. But I am learning more everyday on how to fix these problems, thanks to folks like you Shawn, and the many other good people on this forum!!! Plus my own research too.
    Eventually Windows 10 AND Norton will both come out with fixes, just might take a little more time. Right now, my OS is running stable again, with no problems. I never did a clean install, so that didn't help me much either.
    When I get the new computer, in a few more days, THAT will be a CLEAN install from day one!! Just getting a lot of information ahead of time these last few days in preparing for the task ahead. Thanks to all the information here AND the good folks on here has been a HUGE Help for this old fart. Just goes to show, no matter how old you are...... you are NEVER to old to learn new things.....ever... *Wink

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    All the store apps have been updated, and I can see the difference, every app works in the start menu 100% since all the upgrades.
    later....

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  8. Kieran28 Win User

Just wanted to post that option 1 alone did not fix my problem (store stuck downloading a 3rd party app) but following up with option 2 fixed it. I then tried the 3rd party app again and it downloaded and installed, no problem.
    Thanks, Brink!

Kieran28, Jan 10, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Kieran. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Jan 10, 2016
  10. Sandra777 Win User
    I've done Option 1 and 2 with no success. I'll be starting college in a few months and would like to have this fixed before then. I bought this laptop refurbished a few months back and thought it was fine, but I see it's not the hardware, it's Windows 10.

After restart, the SID I deleted, returned.

Sandra777, Jan 31, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Sandra, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This is normal. The SID will always return when the Store cache is recreated for the user account.

What issue are you having?

Brink, Jan 31, 2016
  12. Sandra777 Win User
    None of my Apps in the Windows Store will update completely. After restart they're stuck on install or pending.

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Sandra777, Jan 31, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you haven't already, see if restarting the computer may allow them to finish afterwards.

Brink, Jan 31, 2016
  14. Sandra777 Win User
    It worked for all but four of the Apps, which two of them are Windows Calculator and Alarms & Clock. The other two are unimportant. I've tried without success to fix this problem with Calculator with Microsoft Community. If I had the money I would buy I new computer, be as it may I cannot. I'm stuck with this one. The error code says 0x80070003 for all 4 Apps. I tried wsreset.exe again and restart my computer. Error still there.

Sandra777, Jan 31, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Reset Store

2. How to clear the Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are times when users must make efforts to clear their Windows 10 cache, […] This article How to clear the Cache in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  4. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  5. Clearing cach - windows 10

Clearing cach - windows 10: How do I clear cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cach-windows-10/42366b1a-40dd-4395-b170-b5137b4f0bd7
  6. Clearing update cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing update cache: I am thinking of cleaning up the update cache i saw how to do it via software distribution folder. I am wondering though is it safe to delete everything in the downloads below is what my folder looks like is it safe to delete everything or should i only delete certain...
  7. how to clear caches

how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  9. Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 The display cache in Windows 10 helps the computer to remember what mode and resolution to use when a particular display output is detected from a...
  10. Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset the Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Windows keeps a copy of all your folder, picture, video, and document thumbnails in a cache so they can be reused to quickly display when you open a folder...