Windows 10: Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset the Store Cache in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Gladitor04, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

How to: Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

How to Clear and Reset the Store Cache in Windows 10

The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and install for their Microsoft account in Windows 10 PCs and devices.

If you are having issues with installing or updating Store apps in Windows 10, it may be caused by an issue with the Store cache.

This tutorial will show you how to clear and reset the Microsoft Store cache for your account in Windows 10.

*note Make sure that you have the correct time set to avoid the Store having syncing issues.

You will need to have the Storage Service service running and set to Automatic for Store updates to work properly.

PART ONE [/i] To Clear Store Cache for Default Apps
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.

2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

*note The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.

3. A command prompt will now open without any message. After about 30 seconds, the command prompt will automatically close, and the Microsoft Store app will open.

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 [​IMG]

PART TWO [/i] To Clear Store Cache for 3rd Party Apps

Note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this section.
    4. Open a command prompt.

5. Enter the command you want to use below into the command prompt, and press Enter. This will give you the user SID for each account on the PC. Make note of the SID (ex: S-1-5-21-1505978256-3813739684-4272618129-1016) for the user account that apps are not working in. (see screenshot below)
    (current user SID)
    *Arrow whoami /user

OR

(all accounts' SID)
    *Arrow wmic useraccount get name,sid

6. Press the Windows+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click/tap on OK.

7. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

8. In Registry Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore

9. In the left pane under the AppxAllUserStore key, right click or press and hold on the SID key (ex: S-1-5-21-1505978256-3813739684-4272618129-1016) from step 6 above, click/tap on Delete, and click/tap Yes to approve. (see screenshot above)

10. Close Registry Editor and the command prompt.

11. Restart the computer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Gladitor04, Sep 14, 2015
  2. trbogt Win User

I can't download apps from the app store

Hi...you could try to reset the windows store:

Windows Store Clear Cache

there maybe other issues.

*john

trbogt, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Windows Store will not open on Windows 10

try to clear the windows store cache. Here is a useful "LINK" to do that.

Zeeshan Ali Qureshi, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

Hello Gladitor, and welcome to Ten Forums. I'm glad to hear this was able to help. *Smile

Brink, Sep 14, 2015
  5. Ty, Brink for the Tutorial, it work for for me, I hope someone else will try this Tutorial, Ty again.

Gladitor04, Sep 14, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    For the people the often have problems with the Store for one reason or another, and need to use WSReset a lot, they can pin WSReset to the start menu:

First open up File Explorer and go to C:\Windows\System32\WSReset

Choose Pin to Start

Cliff S, Sep 18, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Well I tried option 1......have not seen any change, updates are either pending, or stopping at various points during install.

Option 2 really messed up my computer!!! No start menu, no action menu, which was working fine before I tried option 2.

Had to reinstall one of my backups.....grrrrrrrr So folks be very careful using option 2!!!

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Mike, *Smile

Option 2 should not be causing this for you since it only deletes the Store cache for 3rd party apps. At least it doesn't break anything for me.

Did you only delete the SID for you account that had the issues with apps?

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    That was easy, in your pic of the registry, yours showed like 4 or 5, under mine, it only showed one, mine. no other accounts listed. But, I have not setup any other accounts, I am only person on this computer. I deleted my account, under inboxapplications , rebooted and found out that my start menu didn't work, and my action center didn't work, they were their, but clicking on them did nothing. Screwed them both up!!! The store app works almost.....just will not update, shows the updates, even shows some that have completed, but does nothing else. does not install any of them, even the ones that show completed. Only problem right now on my windows 10, seems just to be the store app. Everything else seems to be running ok.
    I hardy ever use the store app, I was just playing around and thought I would try it out......that's when I found out about the update problem.

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It sounds like you may have some other issue at hand. I just don't see how option 2 could cause that. *Confused

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Only issue I can see is the store app. Which seems to be a problem with a lot of others. here is a pic of that registry entrée

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That would be the correct one to delete for your account.

Brink, Sep 19, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

If it is deleted....it screws up start and action center....bigtime

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    also....have in the past.....edited and deleted things in my registry for years......so been their done that many times. maybe only 2 times have I had to restall the OS.....maybe 3

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    On a more positive note Shawn, I will be getting my new computer Tuesday the 22nd. It already is setup for Windows 10 Home. I will be changing that to the Pro version, then most likely, be spending a few hours installing, upgrading, and reinstalling all my registered apps. Then setting up my network, all over again. That's why I am not going to mess with this computer too much anymore. But....I may be bending your ear......Tuesday.....*Smile

OldMike65, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Reset Store

2. How to clear the Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are times when users must make efforts to clear their Windows 10 cache, […] This article How to clear the Cache in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  4. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  5. Clearing cach - windows 10

Clearing cach - windows 10: How do I clear cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cach-windows-10/42366b1a-40dd-4395-b170-b5137b4f0bd7
  6. Clearing update cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing update cache: I am thinking of cleaning up the update cache i saw how to do it via software distribution folder. I am wondering though is it safe to delete everything in the downloads below is what my folder looks like is it safe to delete everything or should i only delete certain...
  7. how to clear caches

how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  9. Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 The display cache in Windows 10 helps the computer to remember what mode and resolution to use when a particular display output is detected from a...
  10. Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset the Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Windows keeps a copy of all your folder, picture, video, and document thumbnails in a cache so they can be reused to quickly display when you open a folder...