Windows 10: Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

Discus and support Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; In that case, I'm not sure what else may restore them for your account other than a refresh or reset. As a test, you might create a new account on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Gladitor04, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10

In that case, I'm not sure what else may restore them for your account other than a refresh or reset.

As a test, you might create a new account on the PC to see if all the apps are available in it. If so, then you could use that account instead to avoid a refresh.

Brink, Feb 15, 2017
  2. Brama Win User

Many thanks Brink, I already tried what you suggest.
    I really tried everything I found on internet, without success.
    With millions of Windows 10 users and thousand and thousand of Microsoft programmers, I wish I find a solution, than refresh or reset.
    I used this method tenth of years ago but I see that it remains still today last chance with Microsoft products. *Sad

Brama, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Gerry5039 Win User
    Is there any way we can make the store apps work from windows install instead of having to create another account, Windows10 is supposed to be simple but it is a long way off, and I am sick of hearing the chime everytime i click on a store item.

If there was some way I could get the navigation bar at the top of folders for Windows 7 I would bin Windows 10 all together its not geared for home use at all.

I am also blind Brink, I know my way around my computer and software as I use Supernova to work my way round, it is really annoying for the like of us.

Can you help

Gerry5039, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Gerry, *Smile

What sort of troubles are you having with your apps to help determine what may work best to help?

Brink, Mar 19, 2017
  5. Gerry5039 Win User
    Hi brink I install Windows 10 on my computer, I then install whatever software I need, and when everything is done, I like to catch up on the News, Twitter, and Formula 1 these are all Store apps on my Start Menu, its hit and miss whether they will open or not some will open once and then all I get is chimes when I try to open them again. It so darned annoying why does Microsoft supply these things and then does not allow them to work, because I am blind I am unable to create 2 accounts as that would confuse the hell out of me.

Gerry5039, Mar 19, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 19, 2017
  7. Gerry5039 Win User
    Ok I will give it a try thanks.

Gerry5039, Mar 19, 2017
  8. silkman Win User

This totally worked for me.
    Step1 reset the Store app (wouldn't open) and step2 fixed the money app (no saved stocks) and news app (wouldn't load at all).

Many thanks :love:

silkman, Jun 12, 2017
  9. MoMo78 Win User
    I have kind of a similar problem. All in a sudden my Windows 10 store doesn't find any updates anymore. Basically, 'Check for Updates' never finds any updates. If I do, however, manually search for an app on the store that i know was updated, it triggers the update and the app is downloaded.

I've tried already everything in the this thread, but haven't been able to solve the problem. I ran the Windows Troubleshooter and got a message that "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that the problem was "not fixed".

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

MoMo78, Jul 11, 2017
  10. MoMo78 Win User
    For some reason, just after posting this it went through. Sorry about this. Really tried for a few days to sort this out. Cheers

MoMo78, Jul 11, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news MoMo, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Party

Brink, Jul 11, 2017
  12. MoMo78 Win User
    Thanks!

For the record, I think that it had something to do with Malwarebytes being installed on my laptop. I'm almost certain that it started with installing the new version of it and disappeared after uninstalling it. I tried it after reading something about Antivirus software potentially contributing to this.

MoMo78, Jul 12, 2017
  13. ddelo Win User

Hi Shawn,

While running the “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter in v.1703 I keep getting that the “Windows Store cache may be damaged” and it is “Not fixed”.
    I ran both parts of the tutorial and following the second part I ran again the troubleshooter and got the same issue! (As seen in the attached report).

My Windows store seems to be running OK, from what I can see.
    I should mention that following the second part of the tutorial some updates were done to MS apps. I’m not sure if this was just a matter of timing coincidence or if the update process was stuck somehow and the second part resolved it.
    The fact remains that I keep getting the issue with the damaged cache when running the troubleshooter.

Any ideas?

Windows Store Apps.pdf

ddelo, Sep 11, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Dimitri, *Smile

If you're not having any issues installing or updating Store apps, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Brink, Sep 11, 2017
  15. ddelo Win User
    Thanks a lot for your response.
    That's what I thought too, but I asked just in case you had seen this before. Some things just happen for no apparent reason-even in software! *Smile
    Take care!

ddelo, Sep 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Clear and Reset Store Cache in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Clear Reset Store

2. How to clear the Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are times when users must make efforts to clear their Windows 10 cache, […] This article How to clear the Cache in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  4. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  5. Clearing cach - windows 10

Clearing cach - windows 10: How do I clear cache? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cach-windows-10/42366b1a-40dd-4395-b170-b5137b4f0bd7
  6. Clearing update cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing update cache: I am thinking of cleaning up the update cache i saw how to do it via software distribution folder. I am wondering though is it safe to delete everything in the downloads below is what my folder looks like is it safe to delete everything or should i only delete certain...
  7. how to clear caches

how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  9. Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Windows 10 The display cache in Windows 10 helps the computer to remember what mode and resolution to use when a particular display output is detected from a...
  10. Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10: How to: Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 How to Clear and Reset the Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Windows keeps a copy of all your folder, picture, video, and document thumbnails in a cache so they can be reused to quickly display when you open a folder...