Windows 10: Clipboard History not working

Discus and support Clipboard History not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently, from an update about 1-2 months ago, when I do windows key + v, it tries to show the clipboard history window (it sort of shows an empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JasonYip1, Jun 13, 2019 at 2:27 AM.

1. JasonYip1 Win User

Clipboard History not working

So recently, from an update about 1-2 months ago, when I do windows key + v, it tries to show the clipboard history window (it sort of shows an empty clipboard or a transparent window), then it disappears as if it crashed after 1 second or not all. This only occurs the 1st time after starting up Windows/restarting explorer.exe. Any more times I do windows key + v, it doesn't show up anymore. I could not find anyone else who had this problem, thanks!

I thought turning clipboard history off then on would do it. After I turned it off, it seems normal, there's a window saying to turn it on; but turning it on still gives the same results.

I also noticed that I don't have this problem when using my guest account as an alternative.

:)

2. view clipboard history

"Upon copying something, the previous clipboard content is always overwritten. This means that there is always no history saved on the clipboard. You can use third-party applications which record your clipboard history, but you cannot recover your clipboard
    history prior to the installation of that app.'

Source -
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

3. view clipboard history

Hi,

Windows Systems do not save the clipboard history. There is only one item stored in the clipboard. If you copy something new the previous clipboard contents is overwritten and lost forever. To get the full microsoft clipboard history you need to use third-party
    utilities.

We recommend Clipdiary clipboard manager. It remembers everything you copy: plain text and text with formatting (rtf), html, pictures and files.

Why do you need clipboard manager? What can you do with the microsoft clipboard history?

-Quickly copy data back to the clipboard.

-Paste any clip from the history directly to the selected application.

-Search for the necessary clip by its contents.

-Find out what program the data was copied from.

-Delete clips.

http://clipdiary.com/img/clipdiary.png

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Jun 13, 2019 at 2:28 AM
  4. dalchina Win User

Thema:

1. Clipboard History not working - Similar Threads - Clipboard History working

2. clipboard history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clipboard history: I still don't get the clip board history until 2019-6-13 screenshot1 [ATTACH] screenshot2 [ATTACH] screenshot3 [ATTACH] can i manually install it or get update in comming days...
  3. Windows 10 Clipboard History Not Functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Clipboard History Not Functioning: In my computer Windows 10 Clipboard doesn't work. When I press Windows Key+V Key, nothing happens, the clipboard panel doesn't appear. I tried with a new user account in the same PC, initially it shows up, but once I sign in and migrate all my apps and files, somewhere...
  4. Clipboard History

Clipboard History: I use Clipboard History on my other Windows 10 PC but the MS Surface Pro (2017) doesn't appear to be available. I have tried adding in reg but no luck. It isn't available in setup either. Is this a 'feature' or a restriction to the Surface Pro?...
  5. Windows 10 Clipboard History Not Functioning

Windows 10 Clipboard History Not Functioning: In my computer Windows 10 Clipboard doesn't work. When I press Windows Key+V Key, nothing happens, the clipboard panel doesn't appear. I tried with a new user account in the same PC, initially it shows up, but once I sign in and migrate all my apps and files, somewhere...
  6. Win 10 Clipboard History Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Clipboard History Stopped Working: Hi, I recently upgraded to 1809, everything was fine for a couple of days, then the clipboard history feature suddenly stopped working. When I go into settings to switch it on, it seems to be enabled, however once I close the window or choose something else and navigate...
  7. Windows Clipboard History Panel Misbehave

Windows Clipboard History Panel Misbehave: In my Windows 10 PC, I can only access the Windows Clipboard history window by pressing Windows Key+V after I restart my Windows explorer process. Otherwise if I restart my PC, initially I am not able to open the clipboard window by pressing the above key combination. I have...
  8. Windows 10 Clipboard History Not Functioning

9. Clipboard doesn't work

Clipboard doesn't work: So in the last update there is this clipboard feature. How do I use it? I press PrtScrn, screenshot appears in my Windows+V clipboard history, but I can't do anything with it - only pin/unpin or delete it. What's the point in pinning it, if I can't access it? I can't right...
  10. The new clipboard history is not opening!

The new clipboard history is not opening!: In the new feature update to Windows 10, There's a new feature called clipboard history. When I press the window key + V, it should open the clipboard history, but it's not doing so. tried turning it on and off. Still not yet fixed! any guess or fix to this?...