Windows 10: Clipboard History not working

Discus and support Clipboard History not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently, from an update about 1-2 months ago, when I do windows key + v, it tries to show the clipboard history window (it sort of shows an empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JasonYip1, Jun 13, 2019.

1. JasonYip1 Win User

Clipboard History not working

So recently, from an update about 1-2 months ago, when I do windows key + v, it tries to show the clipboard history window (it sort of shows an empty clipboard or a transparent window), then it disappears as if it crashed after 1 second or not all. This only occurs the 1st time after starting up Windows/restarting explorer.exe. Any more times I do windows key + v, it doesn't show up anymore. I could not find anyone else who had this problem, thanks!

I thought turning clipboard history off then on would do it. After I turned it off, it seems normal, there's a window saying to turn it on; but turning it on still gives the same results.

I also noticed that I don't have this problem when using my guest account as an alternative.

:)

JasonYip1, Jun 13, 2019

2. view clipboard history

"Upon copying something, the previous clipboard content is always overwritten. This means that there is always no history saved on the clipboard. You can use third-party applications which record your clipboard history, but you cannot recover your clipboard
    history prior to the installation of that app.'

Source -
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

E for Excel, Jun 13, 2019
  3. view clipboard history

Hi,

Windows Systems do not save the clipboard history. There is only one item stored in the clipboard. If you copy something new the previous clipboard contents is overwritten and lost forever. To get the full microsoft clipboard history you need to use third-party
    utilities.

We recommend Clipdiary clipboard manager. It remembers everything you copy: plain text and text with formatting (rtf), html, pictures and files.

Why do you need clipboard manager? What can you do with the microsoft clipboard history?

-Quickly copy data back to the clipboard.

-Paste any clip from the history directly to the selected application.

-Search for the necessary clip by its contents.

-Find out what program the data was copied from.

-Delete clips.

http://clipdiary.com/img/clipdiary.png

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Jun 13, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Clipboard History not working - Similar Threads - Clipboard History working

2. Clipboard history dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard history dont work: Hi! I have a problem in using Clipboard history, I enabled it in the setting, but that not work when i press winkey+v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-history-dont-work/d3281073-cb2f-4e75-9379-2f2da8d493c4
  3. Clipboard history dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard history dont work: Hi! I have a problem in using Clipboard history, I enabled it in the setting, but that not work when i press winkey+v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-history-dont-work/d3281073-cb2f-4e75-9379-2f2da8d493c4
  4. clipboard history isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    clipboard history isn't working: My clipboard history isn't working. I have several items pinned on it that have worked for over a year. Even upon start up. The setting is on. It won't even open when pressing the windows+v.Not sure what to do. HELP! ty!...
  5. clipboard history isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clipboard history isn't working: My clipboard history isn't working. I have several items pinned on it that have worked for over a year. Even upon start up. The setting is on. It won't even open when pressing the windows+v.Not sure what to do. HELP! ty!...
  6. clipboard history isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. clipboard history isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Clipboard history doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clipboard history doesn't work?: When I hit windows key + v, I can't get clipboard history working. At most it brings up blank gray screen. I've checked settings, disabled/enabled it. Checked GPO, checked registry, ran sfc /scannow. Nothing has worked... Any suggestions? submitted by /u/anon2734 [link]...
  9. Windows Clipboard History not working!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Clipboard History not working!: When I hit Win+V the window sometimes shows up but displays no content or is fully transparent. Clipboard History is enabled in the Settings, Policies and Registry. It works on the new "Administrator" account that seems to have been added in recent Update KB4535996 which cant...
  10. Clipboard History still will not work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clipboard History still will not work: I know some other users have had this problem but nothing I have read has cured it for me yet, including the reg edit suggested on this site --- have activated (ie. merged) this correctly. If my memory is correct I could not get the History before the May / July update so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sign in not working on clipboard history