Windows 10: Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot

Discus and support Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Having an issue when rebooting LINX tablets where the clock will revert to an hour behind or sometimes further. Have tried numerous ways of changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stokesyboy, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot

Having an issue when rebooting LINX tablets where the clock will revert to an hour behind or sometimes further. Have tried numerous ways of changing the time to correct which it does, but when you restart the tablet, it always goes back to the wrong time.

This happens whether you are on a local account or administrator account. Have also tried turning daylight saving off but again, after a restart this is turned back on.

Microsoft support haven't been much help so wondering if anyone else has any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

Thanks

:)

Stokesyboy, Nov 7, 2017

2. wrong time

Hi

i just applied the new update today. After rebooting the phone clock now showing wrong time. It is showing + 9 hours. I checked the location and set to correct time zone and is on auto correct time

richard clason, Nov 7, 2017
  3. cklock after rebooting from Ubuntu

Silly problem but after I reboot from Ubuntu (I have a triple boot system of Windows 10 Pro 64 and 32 and Ubuntu 16.04)The clock in the taskbar is wrong by several hours. Not a big deal to fixit but If I do not notice that its wrong and correct it, other
    thing will have an incorrect time stamp.

Is there a way to automatically reset the clock when Windows 10 boots (may put something in the startup menu?)

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Michael-Bereece, Nov 7, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot

Hi there, @Stokesyboy.

My PC did not change to standard time here this past weekend. Going into to Date and Time and manually syncing with time.windows.com. fixed it for me. I had to do it through the Control Panel.

Control Panel > Date and Time > Internet Time tab > Change settings button > Update now.

Tony K, Nov 7, 2017
  5. Hi,

Had tried that previously but thought it was worth another go so did it but after a reboot sure enough the time has gone back an hour.

I don't know if there is an issue with the TimeSynchronization service as some of the devices I've looked at it hasn't run for a while and it has no triggers setup. I have tried setting a trigger to start the service when the user logs on but this doesn't seem to work. No matter what I try it just seems to revert after a reboot.

Stokesyboy, Nov 7, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
  7. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Nov 7, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Possibly this setting. It has caused problems before. Set it off and manually set your Time Zone.

Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Nov 7, 2017
  9. I have just tried all of the above, and the sfc & dism options didn't pick anything up, here is the settings which show in time and language:

The time should be showing as 16:45 but as you can see it's sat at 13:45.

Stokesyboy, Nov 7, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Should make no difference, but what happens if you choose just plain UTC, without the city choices.

f14tomcat, Nov 7, 2017
  11. Have just done that, time has now reverted to 12:58 after a restart!

Stokesyboy, Nov 7, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    And it should have been 16:58. Make sure your language and region are set correctly. Look thru this and see if anything clicks. Windows 10 Time ALWAYS wrong - Microsoft Community

f14tomcat, Nov 7, 2017
  13. Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot

Try this

EDIT: I suspect that Set time zone automatically will be maintained and the Time zone has been entered below grays out and isn't changeable then and set time automatically will follow along and be correct.

MeAndMyComputer, Nov 7, 2017
  14. sygnus21 Win User
    Being a Windows machine, I'm sure it has a (UEFI) BIOS. With that see if you can enter the BIOS and ensure the correct time is displayed there.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Nov 7, 2017
  15. sygnus21 Win User
    Turn off Set time zone automatically to enable a manual Time zone change. This is how mine is set and there are no issues...

In fact this is how it was set when I did a clean install on this system.

sygnus21, Nov 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Clock reverts to wrong time after a reboot - Similar Threads - Clock reverts wrong

2. Wrong time in taskbar clock only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong time in taskbar clock only: Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar seems to have the wrong time. the date is correct. the time in the system settings is also correct. i tried changing time zone,...
  3. Wrong time in taskbar clock only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong time in taskbar clock only: Im running the newest version of windows in the release preview setting of the windows insider program.my problem is that the clock on the taskbar seems to have the wrong time. the date is correct. the time in the system settings is also correct. i tried changing time zone,...
  4. The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Time is wrong after reboot Win11: Every time I start my PC the time shown is wrong by 1 hour. If i tell windows to synchronize the clock, then it adjusts to the correct time. but having to do so is annoying. Is there a way to fix this?...
  5. The Time is wrong after reboot Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Time is wrong after reboot Win11: Every time I start my PC the time shown is wrong by 1 hour. If i tell windows to synchronize the clock, then it adjusts to the correct time. but having to do so is annoying. Is there a way to fix this?...
  6. Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock on taskbar displays the wrong time: The computer time, date and time zone are all correct in the settings, but the time on the taskbar is stuck permanently at 9:42am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-on-taskbar-displays-the-wrong-time/e7476f46-c1d6-40d1-92a0-19fb36be03a6
  7. Windows "Time/Clock" always wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows "Time/Clock" always wrong: My clock on Windows is always wrong (e.g. Shows 11 instead of 12). Set time automatically is ON, the time zone is set to a correct one, the Internet Time Setting Server is set to time.windows.com (when I click Update Now, it updates it wrong.....any guesses? submitted by...
  8. Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot

Windows Displays Wrong time after every reboot: Hi there, I just got a new laptop, the setup went smoothly and mostly everything works correctly, except for one thing. The clock displays time exactly 6 hours ahead of my local time. I've changed the time zone to the correct time zone and it seems to display the proper...
  9. Wrong time in additional clock Windows 10

Wrong time in additional clock Windows 10: Windows 10 64 bit The additional clock added via 'Date and Time' is wrong. However the 'Alarm and Clock' shows correct time. Added additional clock for Austin (UTC-5) and UTC. 'Alarm and Clock' displays UTC-5 time 'Date and Time' displays UTC-4 time Please check the...
  10. Computer clock shows wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer clock shows wrong time: I am in Canada and my 2-year-old Acer Aspire has Windows 10. The time clock is always 1 hr. ahead of real time. I reset, change location from Canada/US to Eastern Standard time Canada. But it doesn't reset itself. Still showing 1 hr ahead of Ontario time. What can I do to fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows clock always wrong after reboot

2. set the clock to the correct time but it reverts to the 7 hours ahead

3. Windows server reverting to wrong date and time after reboot

4. windows 10 clock wrong after reboot,
  5. time zone reverting back after restart