Windows 10: Closing multiple tabs easily

Discus and support Closing multiple tabs easily in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Don't know if this is posted elsewhere, just saw it in my How to Geek email. Nifty shortcuts to close multiple tabs various ways in Firefox and Chrome.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Mar 14, 2019.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Closing multiple tabs easily

f14tomcat, Mar 14, 2019

2. Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 14, 2019
  3. closing a single tab in windows 10

Microsoft is not making this easy to do.

If you checked "all" when first prompted to close multiple tabs like I did you are basically changing registry for Closing Edge (which means every time you click "X" in right corner all tabs will be closed).

Now if you still receive

when you have multiple tabs open, one way to keep tab (you want to remain open) is right click on save tab and choose "close other tabs"

There is nice url from tenforums which can help you to have either "close all tabs" or "not close all tabs" option?

Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Jmarco0921, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Closing multiple tabs easily

can't close current tab in Windows 10

When I try to close the current tab, a dropdown asks if I want to close all tabs or cancel, even if I only have one "tab" up. I have to respond to this in order to close anything. If I chose cancel, the current tab remains, as one would expect. If I choose
    close all tabs, no matter how many I have up, it drops me to the lock screen, and I have to start over. Using Cortana, I have to go back through the original steps to get to the first page of my search. I can close steps in the search box, but that doesn't
    work for everything.

RosemarieWard, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Closing multiple tabs easily

1. Closing multiple tabs easily - Similar Threads - Closing multiple tabs

2. Multiple Tabs Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Tabs Open: When I have multiple tabs open in Chrome I can not go back to the tabs already opened. It happens with Edge as well. My computer is affected by this problem as well. I just got this computer yesterday. Device name DustinGrant Processor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1335U 1.30 GHz...
  3. Easily identifying multiple Onedrive for Business accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Easily identifying multiple Onedrive for Business accounts: Hi allI have several Microsoft emails for different segements of the business and on my computers I have added them all to the App to sync and all works fine apart from the names Windows gives them are;Company name Company name1Company name2Company name3But at each reboot...
  4. How to close multiple virtual desktops in Windows+tab at once?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to close multiple virtual desktops in Windows+tab at once?: I have this problem, that i have 887 virtual desktops, and want to close them all. I don't know how there came to be that may. I don't even use that feature. I have tried to close them one-by-one, but it takes several seconds to just close 1 Photo attached to show what I...
  5. Enable or Disable Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  6. Tabs will not close on shutdown

in Browsers and Email
    Tabs will not close on shutdown: I am on W10 Home Version 1809 and when I press shutdown the tabs will not close. I use MSN for homepage and outlook for Email. When I open the system the previous tabs that were used remain on the task bar. How do I eliminate this, thanks. . 125772
  7. Closing Tabs at Shutdown

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Tabs at Shutdown: I followed al instructions on closing tabs at shutdown but nothing works. Ideas appreciated Thanks 25964
  8. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  9. Closing Tabs at Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closing Tabs at Shutdown: Can someone tell me why when running Edge none of the tabs close when I sign out???????? When I sign back in it's like I never left the page. Thanks 46933
  10. Closing tabs on shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closing tabs on shutdown: Besides manually ,how do I close tabs when I shutdown. Now when I shutdown and restart the system opens at the last site I was involved with. Thanks 104294