Windows 10: Closing Out Tab in Edge

Discus and support Closing Out Tab in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RichardC, Jan 30, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Closing Out Tab in Edge

I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs?

:)

RichardC, Jan 30, 2019

2. Always close all tabs??

Hi,

Follow the steps to get Edge browser to display the "Wish to close all tabs"

• Click Windows Start.
    • Type Regedit.
    • Click Edit Menu.
    • Click Find
    • Type “AskToCloseAllTabs“.
    • Right Click and Choose Modify
    • Change the value from '0' to '1'
    • Close Regedit

Restart Edge, and check if it now displays the option back.

Vinod Archak, Jan 30, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

SUCCESS ! I could not Reset in Apps & features because Edge is not listed. So I used the brute force method. Deleted contents of this folder -

*Arrow Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

C:\Users\%username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe and the ran powershell (admin) command - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Opened Edge and a few tabs, checked the 'Always close ...' box and check registry and Voila, the entry is there and set to '0'

Closing Out Tab in Edge [​IMG]

and dialog box doesn't open any more in subsequent openings and closings of Edge. Now to reset my faves and settings. *Mad Thanks for your suggestions, Brink. Cheers.

mrgeek, Jan 30, 2019
  4. cfourkays Win User

Closing Out Tab in Edge

Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

cfourkays, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Closing Out Tab in Edge

1. Closing Out Tab in Edge - Similar Threads - Closing Tab Edge

2. PC freezes after tabbing out/closing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes after tabbing out/closing games.: As of two days or so ago my pc completely freezes when tabbing out of full screen and borderless windowed games. It feels like it began after I was messing around with making my tv my main monitor and switching it back and forth. All of the screens freeze and I get no...
  3. PC freezes after tabbing out/closing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes after tabbing out/closing games.: As of two days or so ago my pc completely freezes when tabbing out of full screen and borderless windowed games. It feels like it began after I was messing around with making my tv my main monitor and switching it back and forth. All of the screens freeze and I get no...
  4. PC freezes after tabbing out/closing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

in Cortana
    Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab: I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-closing-and-repoening-a-tab/e299e48b-3741-4de0-a6dc-0ee06ba1c335"
  6. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  7. Blue Screen when closing out of Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when closing out of Edge: Every time I click the x to close out of Microsoft Edge I get a blue screen sad face with a reboot. I've ran my malware and other programs and found nothing on the computer. This has just started approximately 4 days ago. Please help!...
  8. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open: V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766
  9. Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Do You Want To Close All Tabs: Hi All, I accidently put a tick in "Always Close All Tabs" when closing down Edge, how can I change this back as I don't want this setting, I thought it might be called "warnonclose" like IE within the Registry, however this is not the case. I cannot see within the...
  10. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...