Windows 10: closing outlook app so I can restart

Discus and support closing outlook app so I can restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to restart computer for updates, but Outlook won't close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DebFrazier1, Oct 9, 2019.

1. closing outlook app so I can restart

I need to restart computer for updates, but Outlook won't close

:)

DebFrazier1, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Victek Win User

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Update problem with outlook App

Assuming "outlook app" = Win10's Mail app...

Step 1: Make sure your computer is completely up to date.

• HOW TO Run a manual check for updates in Win10

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/check-for-and-install-windows-update-in-windows-10.8952/

Step 2: Open the Mail app and delete/remove all accounts.

• Go to settings.
    • Manage accounts.
    • Click on your account
    • Remove this account from your device
    • Delete
    Step 3: Restart your computer.

Step 4: Open the Mail app & recreate the account anew.

• Add account.
    • Click Microsoft account
    • Add the account.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 9, 2019
  4. closing outlook app so I can restart

Outlook not closing after closing WMDC.

I am running W7 on a new PC. I also have Office 2007 which includes Outlook. I sync my PDA to Outlook using WMDC and that is, I think, where my problem lies. When I close down I get the message 'Can't close down, Outlook is still running' but
    it isn't. I always disconnect my PDA, close WMDC, and Outlook and then try to close the PC. But I keep getting the message ' Outlook is still running.' I then have to force Outlook to close before the PC will shut down.

I have opened Outlook in safe-mode, closed it again, rebooted the PC and then it is fine, for a while, but then the annoying message returns.

Can anyone offer any help here, please.

Ray

Ray of Cannock, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

closing outlook app so I can restart

1. closing outlook app so I can restart - Similar Threads - closing outlook app

2. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  3. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook not closing: When I open Outlook it says I did not close down the previous window which I did. Stephen Milner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-not-closing/76956c5b-33aa-44b0-a63c-8e7638850c6c
  4. Outlook not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restart Apps is OFF, Apps NOT listed in Startup Apps still restarting, even if closed at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart Apps is OFF, Apps NOT listed in Startup Apps still restarting, even if closed at...: It seems that the feature "froze" or got stuck in a particular state. Whether or not I turn Restart Apps ON or OFF in Settings, the same apps keep turning on after restart: Outlook, Firefox, NVIDIA RTX Desktop, etc. Now, some of the apps that turn on after restart are set to...
  6. Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own: Every day, both my Chrome and Outlook apps shut down automatically, sometimes several times a day. It always happens while I'm using a different app i.e. MS Word, Quickbooks, etc., and both apps seem to shut down at the same time. If it was only Chrome OR Outlook, I would...
  7. Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook and Chrome apps close on their own: Every day, both my Chrome and Outlook apps shut down automatically, sometimes several times a day. It always happens while I'm using a different app i.e. MS Word, Quickbooks, etc., and both apps seem to shut down at the same time. If it was only Chrome OR Outlook, I would...
  8. Outlook closes automatically.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Outlook closes automatically.: Outlook closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-closes-automatically/dc5dca62-8303-4bb6-8fe9-d0edd8c9968b
  9. Outlook opens and then closes

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook opens and then closes: My operating system is Windows 10 Pro V2004 19041.388 and I am using Microsoft 365 V2006 build 13001-20384. This strange Outlook behavior started this morning - Outlook opens for about a second and then closes. I have done the full online repair and get the same result. I am...
  10. I created a second email account on Outlook, but now decided against this, so closed the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I created a second email account on Outlook, but now decided against this, so closed the...: Hope that you all are keeping safe during this COVID-19 situation. Now this may have been asked before, but I cannot find the answer despite careful looking. I created an additional email on Outlook but this created problems over access to my Microsoft Account. I closed...