Windows 10: closing outlook app so I can restart

Discus and support closing outlook app so I can restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to restart computer for updates, but Outlook won't close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DebFrazier1, Oct 9, 2019.

1. closing outlook app so I can restart

I need to restart computer for updates, but Outlook won't close

:)

DebFrazier1, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Victek Win User

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Update problem with outlook App

Assuming "outlook app" = Win10's Mail app...

Step 1: Make sure your computer is completely up to date.

• HOW TO Run a manual check for updates in Win10

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4807-windows-update-check-install-windows-10-a.html

Step 2: Open the Mail app and delete/remove all accounts.

• Go to settings.
    • Manage accounts.
    • Click on your account
    • Remove this account from your device
    • Delete
    Step 3: Restart your computer.

Step 4: Open the Mail app & recreate the account anew.

• Add account.
    • Click Microsoft account
    • Add the account.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 9, 2019
  4. closing outlook app so I can restart

Outlook not closing after closing WMDC.

I am running W7 on a new PC. I also have Office 2007 which includes Outlook. I sync my PDA to Outlook using WMDC and that is, I think, where my problem lies. When I close down I get the message 'Can't close down, Outlook is still running' but
    it isn't. I always disconnect my PDA, close WMDC, and Outlook and then try to close the PC. But I keep getting the message ' Outlook is still running.' I then have to force Outlook to close before the PC will shut down.

I have opened Outlook in safe-mode, closed it again, rebooted the PC and then it is fine, for a while, but then the annoying message returns.

Can anyone offer any help here, please.

Ray

Ray of Cannock, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

closing outlook app so I can restart

1. closing outlook app so I can restart - Similar Threads - closing outlook app

2. how can i get cortana to open and close apps

in Cortana
    how can i get cortana to open and close apps: is cortana capable off informing me if I have a security issue and what else can she do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-cortana-to-open-and-close-apps/a280d424-86c9-4dec-8fa1-699018b3bff8"
  3. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?: When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force close all of them without displaying end task dialog ? Thanks 129866
  4. How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stay in the Excel App when I close a file or worksheet?: Currently when I close the Excel worksheet computer goes straight to desktop/home screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stay-in-the-excel-app-when-i-close-a/a09ab5f3-ea77-47a8-b8b7-0fa355d024b3
  5. my outlook keeps closing as soon as I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my outlook keeps closing as soon as I open it: Hi, I need some help please. In the last few days I've had a problem with my Outlook. As soon as I open it, it stays open for a few seconds then closes. I have tried doing an on-line repair, but that didn't fix it. Thanks in advance....
  6. Microsoft Store closes immediately so I cannot download apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closes immediately so I cannot download apps: Microsoft Store closes immediately so I cannot download apps other thread is useless, whats tthe correct answer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-closes-immediately-so-i-cannot/994f2f67-db5f-4dea-9296-a7d4c1d59ed5"
  7. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart: I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I...
  8. thread can be closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thread can be closed: thread can be closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/thread-can-be-closed/d52b9a95-6945-492b-bbbd-c0f019379800
  9. I would like to use current addresses so that can download apps.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I would like to use current addresses so that can download apps.: I am looking for the old email addreses that come up when I try to download apps in the “metro” of windows 10. I can’t find them in the credential manager of the control panel. So where are they so that I can delete them and use my usable email addresses instead. I would...
  10. I am so close to converting to windows 10...

in Windows 10 Support
    I am so close to converting to windows 10...: I tested it out and its very fluid and smooth. Drivers work perfectly with my PC(Better than windows 7, surprisingly). I need to get a few things worked out before I can convert and I think you guys can definitely help me with it. 1. How can I make every program I have...