Windows 10: colored window borders

Discus and support colored window borders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone like the colored borders in W8.1 and the option to change their color? I do and notice W10 does not have that option. Do you think the RTM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by usmc362, Jul 5, 2015.

1. usmc362 Win User

colored window borders

Does anyone like the colored borders in W8.1 and the option to change their color? I do and notice W10 does not have that option. Do you think the RTM will bring that back? Thank you.

:)

usmc362, Jul 5, 2015
  2. AndyVines Win User

Why are active and inactive title bars and borders the same color?

I have this problem but I also have a problem where the accent colour is not coloring the borders so all my borders as grey.

This is on a machine that was running Windows 8.1, another machine that was on Windows 7 is showing borders using the accent color.

AndyVines, Jul 5, 2015
  3. MR. ED

HELLO,

Yes, I am referring to the Windows Border.
    In Windows 8.1 the border was wider and you could have a color with a wider border.

In Windows 10 this is not the case, the borders are "super thin" without color.

Also, the "grayed-out" Menu Bar can cause you to close an active window inadvertently.
    This is a flaw.
    How is this fixed in Windows 10?

EDWIN RODRIGUEZ

STARSHIPCOMMAND, Jul 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

colored window borders

Hey mate,

Other than using some 3rd party skinning program when available, the color of window borders will be the same as the accent color you selected. It would be nice if you could change it separately, but I wouldn't count on it being an included feature. *Sad

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 5, 2015
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Yes, yes and no.

tracit99, Jul 5, 2015
  6. usmc362 Win User
    Thanks for the link*Smile

usmc362, Jul 5, 2015
  7. heyyahblah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

colored window borders

1. colored window borders - Similar Threads - colored window borders

2. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable colored window border ?: I didn't have this problem until last week-end 16-17 December. Before that, i didn't restart my pc for some time 1 bit less than a week and so decided to restart it. When it finished, there were now those border to windows. As you can see in the picture, the setting "Title...
  3. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable colored window border ?: I didn't have this problem until last week-end 16-17 December. Before that, i didn't restart my pc for some time 1 bit less than a week and so decided to restart it. When it finished, there were now those border to windows. As you can see in the picture, the setting "Title...
  4. How to disable colored window border ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Excel UserForm Frame Border and Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel UserForm Frame Border and Color: System OS - Windows 10Application - Excel 2019I use UserForms to present or collect information from the end user. Previously the UserForm frame and its color looked like the following:Currently in the VBA editor, the UserForm looks like the the image below and seems very...
  6. Excel UserForm Frame Border and Color

Excel UserForm Frame Border and Color: System OS - Windows 10Application - Excel 2019I use UserForms to present or collect information from the end user. Previously the UserForm frame and its color looked like the following:Currently in the VBA editor, the UserForm looks like the the image below and seems very...
  7. Border Colors in iTunes

Border Colors in iTunes: How do I change the border colors in iTunes. They''re gray and white now. I have a different computer, also running the latest Windows 10 updates, in which the iTunes borders are the same color as my other windows borders. I've tried everything in personalize settings....
  8. Annoying colored border at the top of windows applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying colored border at the top of windows applications: [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/13ektx9ul2w31.png?width=883&format=png&auto=webp&s=33ace4ddffeba0aa850f2e4c08170b76ee57ca8b Is there any way to get rid of this colored border at the top? I have windows light theme enabled with borderless windows and it is visible in...
  9. FONT SIZE/COLOR IN BORDER WINDOW

FONT SIZE/COLOR IN BORDER WINDOW: How do I change font size and color of window headings? Example: I open SETTINGS and on top leftof window border it has "Settings, but font is too small. I went to Settings>Personalization> advanced display settings. It shows the specs of my video *resolution, refresh rate...
  10. How to add color to the window borders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add color to the window borders: Under Windows 10 I don’t know how to add colors to the window borders of applications open, as that makes them easier to spot when I work with several at the same time. Now the frames are all white or grey. Where is the settings dialogue for that? 13525