Windows 10: Command Prompt as Administrator.

Discus and support Command Prompt as Administrator. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator. Henry. 87415 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hewjr100, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

Command Prompt as Administrator.

How do I switch powershell in start menu to command prompt administrator.

Henry.

:)

Hewjr100, Jun 23, 2017

2. cannot launch command prompt as administrator

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with the information.

I request you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link above.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 23, 2017
  3. cannot launch command prompt as administrator

Hello,

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

You may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and press Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 23, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

You might look in the Tutorials section of this forum for that information, at least I'm sure I saw it there.

Berton, Jun 23, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. Hewjr100 Win User
    Ok Brink got it. Phew, I was looking all over the dang settings and I guess I missed it. Next step is to pin it to start menu.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 23, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Command Prompt is already in the Start menu, it's in 'All apps' under 'Windows System'. You could pin this to start. A right-click then lets you choose run as administrator in 'More >'.

8. Hewjr100 Win User

Okay thanks.

Henry.

Hewjr100, Jun 23, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Command Prompt as Administrator. - Similar Threads - Command Prompt Administrator

2. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  3. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator: As the title states I am not able to run the command prompt as an administrator. Currently I am in a repair loop and can't check my disk without administrator. The only issue is that I only have access to command prompt through the troubleshoot option. What do I do?...
  4. Unable to run the command prompt as an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Run Command Prompt as Administrator in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run Command Prompt as Administrator in Safe Mode: Hi, I think I have to reset my computer because I can't access anything once I log into my accounts. Basically it starts up and let's me sign into my account but the desktop and task bar are missing all their icons, the start button will not open and only turns the cursor...
  6. Command Prompt Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Administrator: I am the Administrator but at the Command Prompt access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-administrator/4e28f118-973a-4b2a-a82e-0942312494b0
  7. File Explorer launches Administrator command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer launches Administrator command prompt: When I launch a recent folder or any folder linked on the pinned taskbar icon for File Explorer it launches what appears to cmd.exe with "Administrator" and the folder path in the top bar. the folder is also displayed in the command prompt itself. However if I just click on...
  8. Administrator command prompt greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator command prompt greyed out: Hi guys, I just recently built a desktop computer it's running windows 10. the problem is there's only one account on it that's the administrator account that's me. I can run everything else as the administrator applications, settings, power shell ect. The administrator...
  9. Command Prompt not working for user or Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt not working for user or Administrator: When selecting the command prompt from the right click on startup options I get the following message: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in...
  10. 10130 - Run as Administrator not working for Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    10130 - Run as Administrator not working for Command Prompt: I pinned Command Prompt to the Taskbar then changed the properties to always Run as Administrator. Setting took but is not obeyed: [img] When I click on the icon in the Taskbar I get: [img] What I should get is this: [img] This worked in previous...