Windows 10: command prompt can't start

Discus and support command prompt can't start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am using windows 10. it's updates, and i got that new thing called windows shell( i guess its instead of cmd) my problem is that command prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oferk1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. oferk1 Win User

command prompt can't start

Hi,

I am using windows 10. it's updates, and i got that new thing called windows shell( i guess its instead of cmd)

my problem is that command prompt doesn't run.

when i press on the cmd or try to run it from the run window, as administrator, or even try "start cmd" from powershell, the cmd is appearing for half a second and disappears.

i tried everything on the internet:

1. tried to update the network drivers.

2. tried to take a shortcut from sys32

3. tried at regedit

4. tried running maleware, some guys said its a virus...

5. tried to check if i am an administrator, but i am the only user on this computer so its a yes...

i am just out of any ideas and seems like people doesn't know anything about this windows shell

does it change cmd? or cmd should run too?

please help

Ofer

:)

oferk1, Oct 4, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Oct 4, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. command prompt can't start - Similar Threads - command prompt can't

2. command prompt starting on desktop startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt starting on desktop startup: Hi recently whenever I turn on my deviceASUS LAPTOP windows 10 the command promt suddenly opens and closes like within a second it has happened to me a numerous times now pls help me....
  3. windows command prompt automatically starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows command prompt automatically starts: windows command prompt automatically starting and then automatically stopping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-command-prompt-automatically-starts/037933a7-4973-48cf-bead-3d3a17e5d7f0
  4. "Start this PC with a command prompt?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Start this PC with a command prompt?: As already described in the title, I want to start "this PC" with a command prompt. Is that possible? Thanks for the many and quick answers, with which it worked :D "Dieser PC mit Eingabeaufforderung starten?
  5. Can't boot to command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot to command prompt: Hi, I am trying to boot into the command prompt to reset a password. However, none of the function keys including escape allows me into the BIOS. I am using a wired keyboard and function keys do not have a toggle on/off option. I have restarted with the SHIFT key and it won't...
  6. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu: I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow to check Windows. I discovered I could no longer access cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) by right...
  7. Can't open command prompt cmd.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open command prompt cmd.exe: Hello everybody, I am unable to open cmd.exe command prompt since a few days and I'm worried it is malware or a virus. Bitdefender doesn't find anything unusual and I also ran Malwarebytes, but also negative. Also I tried running command prompt as administrator or via...
  8. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  9. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240
  10. Command prompt in Start button bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt in Start button bug: Hey people, since creators update trying to launch CMD/Powershell with right click on start button just got nothing being launch. Only way i can launch it by other methods. Does someone else find this problem with creators update? Or my system just get corrupted but sfc...