Windows 10: Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10

Discus and support Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a problem opening command prompt in Windows 10. When I used Win+R and typing in cmd, the command prompt opened for a brief moment and the closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ramsdal1966, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10

I had a problem opening command prompt in Windows 10. When I used Win+R and typing in cmd, the command prompt opened for a brief moment

and the closed again.

I found the culprit causing this on my PC, it was a malware/spyware program called soundmixer.exe.

If you have the same problem with command prompt not opening, check if soundmixer.exe is running in the background.

If so, end the task, and search Your computer for soundmixer.exe and delete it. On my computer I found it in user and in a Microsoft folder.

You also have to remove it from registry. Start regedit and search for soundmixer. when found, delete the entry with soundmixer in it, and

command prompt should be working again.

:)

Ramsdal1966, Sep 10, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Sep 10, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10

1. Command Prompt not opening in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Command Prompt opening

2. Command prompt randomly opens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt randomly opens: Hello.I have a issue with my windows 10 home Computer.My command prompt randomly opens when I'm on say..A game, or a software that is non-harmful to my device.However, my command prompt randomly opens, with no commands issued in it.Thanks tech support, and others that can...
  3. Command prompt not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt not opening: Hi All, Whenever I try to open a command prompt in windows 10 it crashes automatically. Please assist how to fix the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-opening/cc3ba5c9-0dda-421b-b0af-d3e128135a1c
  4. Windows Command Prompt is not opening...

Windows Command Prompt is not opening...: So I was trying to open the command prompt and every time the command prompt opened for a short while and it closes by itself. I mean it just flashes for a moment and I can't see a thing. I created a new administrator account and tried to open it and it worked. But I can't...
  5. Command prompt not opening

Command prompt not opening: Hi, I recently installed a windows 10 update and noe cmd.exe does not work. I hvae tried many different methods to open it but all that happens is a small window flashes up ont he screen for a split second then dissapears. any ideas? s8on...
  6. Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...

Command Prompt not opening. Clicking on Command Prompt opens the default folder location in...: Hi, I'm using windows 10. I have no idea why my command prompt is not launching properly and is instead opening up the default folder in File Explorer i.e. File Explorer is opening up in the command prompt default start up folder. Please help. FYI. I recently downloaded...
  7. Command Prompt Not Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Not Opening: Recently attempting to open Command prompt, ordinary or as administrator, it flashes for perhaps 2 seconds and then disappears. I tried the following commands sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth But none of these seem to work, I'm wondering if there...
  8. Open Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Command Prompt in Windows 10 How to Open a Command Prompt in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your computer without...
  9. Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10: How to: Open Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 10 [img] Information A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on...
  10. Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10: How to: Open Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10 How to Open a Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your...