Windows 10: Command Prompt Scrolling Problem

Discus and support Command Prompt Scrolling Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed on a new HP laptop that I can't scroll back many lines. See below - the command powercfg /query generates many lines but the scroll bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Command Prompt Scrolling Problem

I just noticed on a new HP laptop that I can't scroll back many lines. See below - the command powercfg /query generates many lines but the scroll bar on the right doesn't let me go back very far. Any ideas?

Command Prompt Scrolling Problem [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Aug 23, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Command Prompt Scrolling Problem - Similar Threads - Command Prompt Scrolling

2. Install Problems in Command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Problems in Command prompt: whenever I try to install anything from cmd it says 'install' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Please Help me asap. Thank You Panav...
  3. Problem with command prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with command prompt: the command prompt told me that it can't find the desktop, I don't know what to do. I need to run a python file but it continue to say that it can't find the directory of the file. After that I try to move the file to the desktop and now it says that it can't find it...
  4. Advanced Options Command Prompt Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Options Command Prompt Problem: Ok so I set a net user <username> /time command and I need to remove the command in advanced options command prompt. When the try to execute the command net user <username> /time:all. It returns username not found. I am confused about what is going wrong submitted by...
  5. command prompt problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    command prompt problem: when I click to cmd prompt it is not opening and it is showing shortcut file which is not opening please solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-problem/a8182e7b-7699-4dc2-9339-8bded7bd6c35
  6. Admin Command Prompt Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Command Prompt Problem: So i got a game but it seems it can't find D3d11.dll. So i look on the internet to see how i can fix it myself. One idea said i should run sfc /scannow. I went on the admin command prompt, i can't type anything on it. It also automatically move to the top right of my screen...
  7. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  8. command prompt problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    command prompt problem: Hi guys the opacity slider it's gray Please, what is the solution [img] 17498
  9. Msconfig and command prompt, problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Msconfig and command prompt, problems: Here's a secret: Right click on the little Windows flag in the lower left, and you see a menu with many commands, control panel, run [dialog box] and more. Click run and type 'msconfig' as many people know, there are three types of startups. Under another one of the tabs...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command prompt not scrolling

2. scrolling problem windows phone