Windows 10: Command prompt

Discus and support Command prompt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have noticed since the last update that where you right click on `start` the "command prompt as administrator" has gone, simple question I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vidanova, Apr 20, 2017.

1. vidanova Win User

Command prompt

Hi

I have noticed since the last update that where you right click on `start` the "command prompt as administrator" has gone, simple question I hope, how do I get it back or wheres it gone.

Thanks *Banghead*Banghead

:)

vidanova, Apr 20, 2017

2. Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin

PowerShell can do everything the command prompt can plus more. Microsoft is moving towards using PowerShell more than command prompt. To find out more information about PowerShell click here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/#pi...

MikeSnyder61704, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin

When I open the Task Bar on my computer instead of seeing Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin I have Powershell & Powershell Admin in place of

[Moved from:
    Windows
    /Windows 10/Ease of access]

davidwright262, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Command prompt

If you right click on the "Windows" image on the lower left corner of the screen, you will see a list of options that includes "Command Prompt (Admin)".

TexasBandit, Apr 20, 2017
  5. vidanova Win User
    Sorry, thats what happens when you see the options there`s no "Command Prompt Admin" only "windows power shell options"

vidanova, Apr 20, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    Yes, Microsoft has removed the command prompt option from the right click menu. The reason for this change is that everything you could do in the command prompt can still be done in powershell, as well as being able to do all of the powershell stuff too.

Those of us who use powershell daily, appreciate this change. Just give it a shot using the powershell prompt instead. It works exactly the same as the command prompt.

pparks1, Apr 20, 2017
  7. vidanova Win User
    Hi pparks1

I just tried running sfc/scannow in" powershell admin" but it will not work i must be doing something incorrectly?

vidanova, Apr 20, 2017
  8. Command prompt

How can I get an administrator prompt with PowerShell? If you can't, then it is useless to me.

9. pparks1 Win User
    Working just fine for me. You right click, pick the Windows PowerShell (Admin) option.

sfc /scannow

pparks1, Apr 20, 2017
  10. Again, how do I get to the admin option of PowerShell? When I enter PowerShell in the search field, I get PowerShell, but no option for "admin". I have attached a screen shot to clarify my question.

11. Samuria Win User
    In power shell type Cmd if you want Cmd

Samuria, Apr 20, 2017
  12. pparks1 Win User
    Right click on Start, choose the Option for Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    Command prompt [​IMG]

Or from Start menu, type PowerShell, right click on it when it shows in the menu, and choose Run As Admin
    Command prompt [​IMG]

pparks1, Apr 20, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Command prompt

Hello @vidanova, *Smile

The tutorial below can help show you how to have the Win+X menu show the command prompt options again instead of the PowerShell options.

Show Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell on Win+X menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Apr 20, 2017
  14. I don't see the advantage of using PowerShell. Looks like a lot of mess to go through to do the same thing with a simple admin command prompt. Thanks anyway ...

15. vidanova Win User
    Hi All

I have followed Brinks tutorial and changed my `shell prompt` back to `command prompt` which I`m more familiar with and works fine for me now, so thanks to all as always for very quick and interesting responses.

Rich *Thumbs

vidanova, Apr 20, 2017
Thema:

Command prompt

1. Command prompt - Similar Threads - Command prompt

2. command prompt pops up and disappears just after opening windows 10 laptop,what sould i do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    command prompt pops up and disappears just after opening windows 10 laptop,what sould i do...: please help me in this troubleshooting... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-pops-up-and-disappears-just-after/be6ba1a1-bedb-407e-b65a-c78ee9ab4162
  3. command prompt pops up and disappears just after opening windows 10 laptop,what sould i do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    command prompt pops up and disappears just after opening windows 10 laptop,what sould i do...: please help me in this troubleshooting... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-pops-up-and-disappears-just-after/be6ba1a1-bedb-407e-b65a-c78ee9ab4162
  4. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...: As mentioned in the title, I have used the 'cl' <insert.exe> command to generate and executable from source, the initial program works very well with no issue. Its not a source code issue from the C program but a security issue from within Windows.The executable then creates...
  5. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...: As mentioned in the title, I have used the 'cl' <insert.exe> command to generate and executable from source, the initial program works very well with no issue. Its not a source code issue from the C program but a security issue from within Windows.The executable then creates...
  6. Executable making a "sub" executable shows in the Administrator Command Prompt :"Error...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error: When I use any of the commands to get the UUID the command prompt gives me output of:Node - COPYSTRIKEDname most possibly of the node I think ERROR: Description = Critical errorPlease someone help me if they know how to fix this. I am not that educated around command prompt...
  8. I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error

I need help with getting uuid from command prompt. Critical error: When I use any of the commands to get the UUID the command prompt gives me output of:Node - COPYSTRIKEDname most possibly of the node I think ERROR: Description = Critical errorPlease someone help me if they know how to fix this. I am not that educated around command prompt...
  9. CBS.logs Problems Repairing a Command Line Prompt .INK, Overlapping Directories, Help?

CBS.logs Problems Repairing a Command Line Prompt .INK, Overlapping Directories, Help?: CBS.logs I use to have Overlapping Directories now I have a Command Prompt that cannot be repaired.I copied parts of the places I could find that was not being repaired and I will paste it below. Maybe you can help me find this Android device in this stuff or where I could...
  10. CBS.logs Problems Repairing a Command Line Prompt .INK, Overlapping Directories, Help?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CBS.logs Problems Repairing a Command Line Prompt .INK, Overlapping Directories, Help?: CBS.logs I use to have Overlapping Directories now I have a Command Prompt that cannot be repaired.I copied parts of the places I could find that was not being repaired and I will paste it below. Maybe you can help me find this Android device in this stuff or where I could...