Windows 10: Command prompt

Discus and support Command prompt in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have noticed since the last update that where you right click on `start` the "command prompt as administrator" has gone, simple question I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vidanova, Apr 20, 2017.

1. vidanova Win User

Command prompt

Hi

I have noticed since the last update that where you right click on `start` the "command prompt as administrator" has gone, simple question I hope, how do I get it back or wheres it gone.

Thanks *Banghead*Banghead

:)

vidanova, Apr 20, 2017

2. Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin

PowerShell can do everything the command prompt can plus more. Microsoft is moving towards using PowerShell more than command prompt. To find out more information about PowerShell click here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/#pi...

MikeSnyder61704, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin

When I open the Task Bar on my computer instead of seeing Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin I have Powershell & Powershell Admin in place of

[Moved from:
    Windows
    /Windows 10/Ease of access]

davidwright262, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Command prompt

If you right click on the "Windows" image on the lower left corner of the screen, you will see a list of options that includes "Command Prompt (Admin)".

TexasBandit, Apr 20, 2017
  5. vidanova Win User
    Sorry, thats what happens when you see the options there`s no "Command Prompt Admin" only "windows power shell options"

vidanova, Apr 20, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    Yes, Microsoft has removed the command prompt option from the right click menu. The reason for this change is that everything you could do in the command prompt can still be done in powershell, as well as being able to do all of the powershell stuff too.

Those of us who use powershell daily, appreciate this change. Just give it a shot using the powershell prompt instead. It works exactly the same as the command prompt.

pparks1, Apr 20, 2017
  7. vidanova Win User
    Hi pparks1

I just tried running sfc/scannow in" powershell admin" but it will not work i must be doing something incorrectly?

vidanova, Apr 20, 2017
  8. Command prompt

How can I get an administrator prompt with PowerShell? If you can't, then it is useless to me.

9. pparks1 Win User
    Working just fine for me. You right click, pick the Windows PowerShell (Admin) option.

sfc /scannow

pparks1, Apr 20, 2017
  10. Again, how do I get to the admin option of PowerShell? When I enter PowerShell in the search field, I get PowerShell, but no option for "admin". I have attached a screen shot to clarify my question.

11. Samuria Win User
    In power shell type Cmd if you want Cmd

Samuria, Apr 20, 2017
  12. pparks1 Win User
    Right click on Start, choose the Option for Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    Command prompt [​IMG]

Or from Start menu, type PowerShell, right click on it when it shows in the menu, and choose Run As Admin
    Command prompt [​IMG]

pparks1, Apr 20, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Command prompt

Hello @vidanova, *Smile

The tutorial below can help show you how to have the Win+X menu show the command prompt options again instead of the PowerShell options.

Show Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell on Win+X menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Apr 20, 2017
  14. I don't see the advantage of using PowerShell. Looks like a lot of mess to go through to do the same thing with a simple admin command prompt. Thanks anyway ...

15. vidanova Win User
    Hi All

I have followed Brinks tutorial and changed my `shell prompt` back to `command prompt` which I`m more familiar with and works fine for me now, so thanks to all as always for very quick and interesting responses.

Rich *Thumbs

vidanova, Apr 20, 2017
Thema:

Command prompt

1. Command prompt - Similar Threads - Command prompt

2. how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command: hi, i am curious of how to make an exe file run a command into command prompt. Can someone help me? submitted by /u/Ethanol2814 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lql0i3/how_do_i_make_an_exe_file_out_of_a_command_prompt/
  3. Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin using Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin using Command Prompt: I got a black screen after deleting files from the WindowsApps folder. Now I’m thinking about to recover those files using the command prompt in WinRE. If feasible, what commands should I enter at the prompt?...
  4. Need Help w/ Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help w/ Command Prompt: Hey guys, I was screwing around with the command prompt properties and now command prompt doesn't work- just shuts down immediately. Can someone go into their command prompt properties and copy paste it in the replies? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/TheTendieRoid...
  5. Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files: I am having issues with Windows 10 atm. My animations such and windows animations and my mouse moving around is very laggy to the point everything skips and has even affected my youtube video playback where the audio and video go out of sync and I know my internet connection...
  6. Safe mode command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode command prompt: How to leave the command prompt area in password and which password is required in that portion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-command-prompt/d638cfbb-e2a9-4ea7-8522-8ce7edb31635
  7. Command Prompt Name Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Name Change: Hello, I've been searching the internet for results and I can't seem to get a clear answer. I'm looking to change the name I don't know what else to call it that appears in the Command Prompt once you open it. When you first open CMD it looks a lot like: C:\Users\*name*>...
  8. Windows stuck in safe mode - command prompt not recognising msconfig or bcdedit...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows stuck in safe mode - command prompt not recognising msconfig or bcdedit...: Can someone please help me? I wanted to restart my computer after running a virus check, installing Teams and a new version of Cyberlink cam and my computer somehow went into safe mode. I have not been able to get it running again. I have looked online for suggestions and...
  9. Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt: Good Evening, I am using Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). I've read through the tutorials on how to access and perform System Restores. However, I am having an issue selecting the Restore Point that is desired. It does not appear on the Restore program in Windows,...
  10. Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up.: Command Prompt windows open and close quickly ,often after start up. Not always and otherwise seem random. Really too fast to get a screen shot and they appear to be blank black....