Windows 10: Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

Discus and support Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer' in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have a Windows Server 2012 R@ Datacenter 64-bit and as a part we installed print server services. After a successful print the job remains in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hadi Rezaei, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

We have a Windows Server 2012 R@ Datacenter 64-bit and as a part we installed print server services.

After a successful print the job remains in the print queue with the status of Sent to Printer.

I can manually delete the print job from the queue or stop the print services and delete the files within the Spool folder but they just won't delete themselves automatically after printing.

Regards

Hadi Rezaei

:)

Hadi Rezaei, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Tom-Con Win User

Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Dec 3, 2018
  3. vgkfan83 Win User
    Print job stuck in queue

You might have to uninstall the printer completely from Add/Remove Programs, reboot, then reinstall them.

vgkfan83, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

Print job stuck in queue

I have a print job in my printer queue that I cannot get out. I tried printing a website from Microsoft Edge and it is stuck there since. I have tried clearing out the printer spooler as instructed here. But there are no files in my win32\spool\printer folder.

Some more information:
    I am trying to print from a laptop to a network printer at work. And the current status in the queue is "deleting".

Things I have tried till now:
    - stop printer spooler and empty spool folder
    - ran printer troubleshooter, but it just said it couldn't delete the print jobs, just like I couldn't do manually- restarted the printer
    - restarted the laptop
    - deleted the printer, but somehow when I reboot it adds the printer automatically again, including the stuck job

MightyMauz, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

1. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer' - Similar Threads - Completed print jobs

2. Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue: For the last several months I've been having a problem when I print multiple individual PDF pages, using Adobe Acrobat, especially when the pages are print dense. Usually the first page will print with no issues but the following pages get hung up in the queue. The pages may...
  3. Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing jobs getting stuck in the queue: For the last several months I've been having a problem when I print multiple individual PDF pages, using Adobe Acrobat, especially when the pages are print dense. Usually the first page will print with no issues but the following pages get hung up in the queue. The pages may...
  4. Print jobs end in queue, not on paper

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print jobs end in queue, not on paper: This happens much too often: A job is sent to the printer, but it stays in the queue and does not print.And no, there is nothing wrong with my printer, there is plenty of paper and toner.I do know how to clear the queue and solve that problem.My issue is another: how do I...
  5. Documents Remain in Print Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Documents Remain in Print Queue: This is more irritating than anything. Occasionally, my print queue will show there is a document waiting even though everything I've sent to the printer has printed. It doesn't stop anything else from printing so I can print without a problem. But the document in the queue...
  6. Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs

Panasonic dot matrix printer not completing print jobs: Hello,I have an office of 15 recently purchased Dell PCs on fully updated Windows 10 Pro that are suddenly, as of the last month or two, unable to print complete print jobs on Panasonic KX-P3626 dot matrix printers. The printers print ~95% of the job then suddenly stop and...
  7. Print Jobs vanish from queue

Print Jobs vanish from queue: Since the last windows updates my Brother MFC-490CW printer does not print documents anymore. When I send a document to the print queue it appears there for a second and then vanishes. I tried reinstalling the drivers and checked connectivity, but nothing works. Any ideas...
  8. "error - printing" print status in print queue.

"error - printing" print status in print queue.: Hi there, I am posting this post here because at this stage I am not sure if it is a printer issue or windows system issues but I am tending to think it is the later so he it goes. I am running windows 10 on a dell optiplex 5050 with a HP officejet 6970 all-in-one printer...
  9. Printing queue block my peinting job

Printing queue block my peinting job: I've cancelled all printing documents in printing queue, but it does not response at all, it still exist there and block my printing of other document, really angry, how to settle it? although I've troubleshoot my printer many times, but that deleting document is still in...
  10. Print job stuck in queue

Print job stuck in queue: I have a print job in my printer queue that I cannot get out. I tried printing a website from Microsoft Edge and it is stuck there since. I have tried clearing out the printer spooler as instructed here. But there are no files in my win32\spool\printer folder. Some more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp print stays in queue after print is finished

2. Status Sent to rinter!

3. windows printer queue sent to printer

4. print jobs remain in queue after printing is completed,
  5. print job remains in queue statue sent to printer,
  6. completed printer jobs remain in queue