Windows 10: Computer randomly freezing after installing last big update

Discus and support Computer randomly freezing after installing last big update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After the last big Windows update (I don't remember the name of it), every so often, my computer will suddenly and completely lock up. It is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by herrshaun, Dec 12, 2017.

1. herrshaun Win User

Computer randomly freezing after installing last big update

After the last big Windows update (I don't remember the name of it), every so often, my computer will suddenly and completely lock up. It is not producing BSOD or sound skips, it just completely freezes and I have to hit the restart button on my tower.

There is nothing in Event Viewer.

What can I do?

:)

herrshaun, Dec 12, 2017

2. nokia N8 restarting

my nokia N8 randomly freezes and restarts . this started after I did the last update.

rakesh1611, Dec 12, 2017
  3. Summer203 Win User
    Mouse occasionally freezes after Creators update

Martin, Thanks for the tip. I uninstalled the mouse and restarted the computer, and the mouse worked normally for a while. Then after maybe a couple of hours, it went back to freezing randomly. Sometimes the freeze lasts a few seconds, but twice it has
    frozen for about 30 sec.

Summer203, Dec 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you can find your current Windows version thus:

Windows key + R, winver

Settings, System, About

Please advise.

1. Are there any freezes if you boot to Safe Mode?
    2. This could be as simple as needing to update your AV. (From previous poster's experience).
    3. It could be a driver incompatibility. All drivers are replaced on a major build upgrade.

Unfortunately there are no diagnostic reports for a freeze.

If you search this forum for posts related to
    freeze
    (and you could additionally filter by date using Advanced Search if you wish) you will get more ideas from others' experience.

E.g.
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update - Windows 10 Forums
    Windows 10 freezes randomly - Page 87 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Dec 13, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Dec 14, 2017
  6. Proceed through each of the following points.

1. Update Drivers -
    Updating drivers should always be your go-to option when something goes wrong with your computer or system. Whether you choose to update the device drivers manually, using Windows Update, or you use a trusted third party product, it’s essential that you have the latest correct device drivers for your operating system at all times.
    2. Run Memory Check -
    A broken memory card is one of the culprits for a freezing computer. So before we jump ahead and do that, we can check to see if our memory card is at fault.
    1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke a Run command. Type mdsched.exe in the run box and hit Enter.
    2) If you want to check for problems immediately, click Restart now and check for problems. If you want to check later, click Check for problems the next time I start my computer.
    3) Windows will then restart, and you’ll see this page showing the progress of the check and the number of passes it will run on memory.

3: Reset Virtual Memory

4: Run Disk Check

5: Method 5: Run System File Checker
    6: Disable C-States in BIOS

robertosburn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer randomly freezing after installing last big update - Similar Threads - Computer randomly freezing

2. Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update: Hello everyone!After last night update 13.04 or 14.04 I have been receiving BSOD. After I uninstalled the update that has happened, I receive random PC freeze that does not allow me to restart it via restart button on PC, nor turn it off via Power button, but I have to turn...
  3. Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update: Hello everyone!After last night update 13.04 or 14.04 I have been receiving BSOD. After I uninstalled the update that has happened, I receive random PC freeze that does not allow me to restart it via restart button on PC, nor turn it off via Power button, but I have to turn...
  4. Computer is getting BSOD and freezes after last night update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop kept on randomly shutting down after i installed a big update last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop kept on randomly shutting down after i installed a big update last night: I did a update that was getting prompted by windows and it like 8 hours long but then my pc randomly shuts down even tho i didnt do anything and alot of youtube vids tell me its like the overheating thing but it only happend after the update and my pc always goes hot if go in...
  6. Computer freezing after last update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezing after last update: My computer has developed a problem since the last update - 2 days ago. After going to sleep it then freezes with the screen black. When I tap a key to wake it up nothing happens - the power key is on but won't turn off. I then need to turn the power off at the mains -...
  7. Computer randomly freezing after re install

Computer randomly freezing after re install: Well, I recently had an issue that caused me to reinstall my windows 10. I did so, updated my graphics card driver, mouse and just now figured out why my speakers weren't responding. So I guess I got that install too. I did all the updates that it could find and I now I'm...
  8. PC is freezing after last big update

PC is freezing after last big update: Hello, I have this problem that my laptop keeps freezing when I'm on chrome or either in game (closed chrome). It wasn't like this since the last big update of win 10. I recently was on the latop of my friend and it's doing the same to her. I would like to ask how to solve...
  9. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update on Tuesday, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch...
  10. Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night

Computer completely freezes after updating windows last night: I received help via the Microsoft chat support and had the problem fixed by updating my graphics driver. I was able to play games and browse the web that night but as I logged off it said it was updating. Bringing me to today where my computer crashes anywhere from 4-6...