Windows 10: Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Discus and support Computer refuses signon with unknown password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Our computer has mysteriously acquired an unknown password and refuses any signon. We have purposely omitted any signon password (hit return at prompt)... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FREDDEL, Mar 16, 2016.

1. FREDDEL Win User

Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Our computer has mysteriously acquired an unknown password and refuses any signon. We have purposely omitted any signon password (hit return at prompt) because our computers are secure. So the spontaneous injection of a password is problematical. We have tried most recently internally used passwords for applications (starting with the most recent) but nothing works. Short of calling Microsoft does anyone have a suggestion?

We have not originated an account with MS or created any hierarchy of accounts. One user and one signon in an isolated environment.

:)

FREDDEL, Mar 16, 2016

2. Change password on windows 10

Changing PC signon passwords seems impossible. There appears much confusion - and I am confused - between an account password and a PC signon password. Microsoft does not seem to understand the difference that many of the users posting here seem to have.

AndyMacnoon, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Unable to sign into the account as the pasword does not accept.

how do u change the windows 10 password local account if u switch to local asks for a password and then u cannot signon

Original title:i cannot signon to windows 10 on start page due to password dont work i set it up for like a local account and now the password i picked dont work

smileyface4, Mar 16, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Freddel and welcome to Tenforums.

That's odd. You don't have any Microsoft account which someone may have signed in to, changing the computer's local account to an MS account? (of course, this would also change the username you see at login.)

If you have System Restore turned on, you could try restoring to a point in time before this happened.

If no restore points exist, you could turn on the hidden administrator account, and remove the password from your user account that way. Since you can't get into your account, you'd need to accomplish this using Option #4 in the tutorial.

simrick, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer refuses signon with unknown password - Similar Threads - Computer refuses signon

2. Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.: My antivirus found a windows update and instructed to restart to install it. After restart i was asked for an unknown password to get to the desktop. In five years of using this computer i have never had a password so i could not enter one. I went to reset password option and...
  3. Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.: My antivirus found a windows update and instructed to restart to install it. After restart i was asked for an unknown password to get to the desktop. In five years of using this computer i have never had a password so i could not enter one. I went to reset password option and...
  4. Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. signon option with fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    signon option with fingerprint: I purchased my dell inspiron comp couple months ago, but my fingerprint signon is no longer an option and i get the following message when I try to set it up again: "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint". Anyone have this situation...
  6. INTERNET/ SIGNON USERNAME

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    INTERNET/ SIGNON USERNAME: I have tried to use a PIN sign-in with alpha + numeric characters but Microsoft doesn't accept it, wants numeric only even though the input statement offers that option. Internet provider must have alpha/num, is there other for passwordless signin option?...
  7. Windows 10 Signon Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Signon Password: I purchased a new computer which had Windows 10 Home installed. It required a password, which I provided. However, on my previous computer, this was my Microsoft password. This computer required only an arbitrary password. How do I change it back to requiring my Microsoft...
  8. Computer set an unknown password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer set an unknown password: I have 2 accounts on my computer - one administrator and one other. I downloaded Fortnite on the second account and everything seemed to be fine. Later, when downloading another game on the same account, a password screen saying "Do you want this app to make changes to your...
  9. Blurry signon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blurry signon: An update last month left the password background blurry. How can I change it back to what it was a month ago? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blurry-signon/c13e7ee4-f94c-43a6-937c-c89dd4b101b4
  10. Computer refuses to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer refuses to boot: My computer turns on and then reboots before it gets to the windows boot screen and continues doing that until it is shut down. Before that I had a BSOD and then it restarted and started automatic repairs. It rebooted and there is the problem it does not boot. The BSOD said...