Windows 10: Computer set an unknown password

Discus and support Computer set an unknown password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have 2 accounts on my computer - one administrator and one other. I downloaded Fortnite on the second account and everything seemed to be fine.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Supagamma, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Supagamma Win User

Computer set an unknown password

I have 2 accounts on my computer - one administrator and one other. I downloaded Fortnite on the second account and everything seemed to be fine. Later, when downloading another game on the same account, a password screen saying "Do you want this app to make changes to your device?" came up. I tried to type in the administrator password, but it said that it was incorrect. I looked closer and it also said "LEE-FORTNITE\Lee" above. I didn't set a password for Fortnite, and when I looked in my Microsoft account, it said that this was a whole account or device under the second users account. I tried my Fortnite password, as well as multiple other passwords that may have been related to this, but none of them worked. The only way to get around this is by downloading on the administrators account and moving the files over. There are also files with the same name. When I tried opening the administrators account files from the second account, it also asked me for the LEE\FORTNITE-Lee password, which again, I didn't set. If anyone could help then that would be great. Thanks.

:)

Supagamma, Feb 3, 2020
  2. FREDDEL Win User

Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Our computer has mysteriously acquired an unknown password and refuses any signon. We have purposely omitted any signon password (hit return at prompt) because our computers are secure. So the spontaneous injection of a password is problematical. We have tried most recently internally used passwords for applications (starting with the most recent) but nothing works. Short of calling Microsoft does anyone have a suggestion?

We have not originated an account with MS or created any hierarchy of accounts. One user and one signon in an isolated environment.

FREDDEL, Feb 3, 2020
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Feb 3, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Hi Freddel and welcome to Tenforums.

That's odd. You don't have any Microsoft account which someone may have signed in to, changing the computer's local account to an MS account? (of course, this would also change the username you see at login.)

If you have System Restore turned on, you could try restoring to a point in time before this happened.

If no restore points exist, you could turn on the hidden administrator account, and remove the password from your user account that way. Since you can't get into your account, you'd need to accomplish this using Option #4 in the tutorial.

simrick, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer set an unknown password - Similar Threads - Computer set unknown

2. Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.: My antivirus found a windows update and instructed to restart to install it. After restart i was asked for an unknown password to get to the desktop. In five years of using this computer i have never had a password so i could not enter one. I went to reset password option and...
  3. Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.: My antivirus found a windows update and instructed to restart to install it. After restart i was asked for an unknown password to get to the desktop. In five years of using this computer i have never had a password so i could not enter one. I went to reset password option and...
  4. Computer is locked by an unknown password after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Startup looks for password to unknown account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup looks for password to unknown account: When I startup, Windows automatically tries to open an unknown account and tells me that the password is incorrect. I then select the other available user shown and enter my pin. When I go to Control Panel/User Accounts, the unknown account is not shown. To what account is it...
  6. speaker set up unknown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker set up unknown: I have a Toshiba Satellite...It says speaker set up unknown...Its off...Also as i click the speaker by the date it also says, audio output not installed.....please help... also do i have to pay anything...these days time are tough...
  7. Default Admin with unknown password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Default Admin with unknown password: Backstory: Was establishing new windows images for some of my companies older computers. I factory-reset a Dell Inspiron Tower, with Win10. I didn't bother backing up anything because it wasn't necessary. After factory-reset was complete, I attempted to establish the GoDaddy...
  8. Windows 10 password - unknown. Help!

Windows 10 password - unknown. Help!: I bought my brother a laptop to use, as his was ruined in a flood. Shortly after, he passed away. He had set a password to get into the computer, and I cannot get into the computer. I do not know his password, nor the password to his recovery email address. How can I...
  9. Unknown passwords in the Credential Manager

Unknown passwords in the Credential Manager: There are two unknown passwords in my Credential Manager. !. Windowsi laiendatud mandaat (Windows mandate expanded and 2. virtualapp/didlogical...
  10. Computer refuses signon with unknown password

Computer refuses signon with unknown password: Our computer has mysteriously acquired an unknown password and refuses any signon. We have purposely omitted any signon password (hit return at prompt) because our computers are secure. So the spontaneous injection of a password is problematical. We have tried most recently...