Windows 10: Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10

Discus and support Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently taken several thousand photos, corrected them with paint.net, and have them on a file on the desktop. When opened in File Explorer, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Murray7(2), Aug 8, 2019.

1. Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10

I have recently taken several thousand photos, corrected them with paint.net, and have them on a file on the desktop. When opened in File Explorer, and viewed as details, the "dates taken" column shows the correct date and time. When viewed in Photo Viewer, using the file details option, the times and corresponding dates are up to 8 hours late. The photos have been taken on a Panasonic DMZ200 camera, which has a home and destination setting which can be 8 hours different, but this doesn't explain the difference between File Explorer and Photo Viewer. The "date taken" in Photo Viewer can be edited for date and time, but the editing doesn't stick, and it reverts to the wrong time when the photo is closed then re-opened.

:)

Murray7(2), Aug 8, 2019
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10 [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2019
  4. hbenthow Win User

Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

Brink, are there any risks to any of these methods? Would using any of them run any risk of damaging the registry in a way that could cause BSODs or any other type of issue?

Also, I have a question regarding this particular method:

I noticed that you said that it causes Windows Photo Viewer to be listed twice in "Open With". Is this at all problematic? Is it a sign of any sort of registry damage or corruption? And does it matter which one of the two instances of Windows Photo Viewer one selects from the "Open With" menu, or do each of them provide identical results?

And unless I'm mistaken, the advantage of using this particular method is that it allows one to view files in the order of (for example) date modified, name, size, etc (whichever way the folder is currently sorted in Windows Explorer), which the other methods of restoring Photos Viewer do not allow one to do. Is this correct?

hbenthow, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10

1. Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Conflict between dates

2. Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Explorer or Photo Viewer Possible Bug: I have folders full of photos. Some cameras start the filenames with the date, some with IMG_, some with IMG-, etc. To get the latest ones sorted at the top of the list in File Explorer, I insert the Date Taken column in the column list and sort by that. So looking at...
  3. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8
  4. File Explorer fails to sort photos in creation date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer fails to sort photos in creation date: I am compiling an album of vacation photos and need to sort them by creation date as there may be some filename changes and photoediting involved. The files are sourced from a camera SD card and two samsung smartphones. The sort by creation date appears to sort the files in...
  5. File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file

File Explorer does not show "Date Taken"information for .avi file: I have thousands of videos that were taken with a DV recorder. The video codec is DV-AVI. When using Sony software I am able to view the "Date taken" information. However, when I am viewing folders in file explorer. The date taken information is missing. If this...
  6. Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10)

Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10): If in Windows Explorer I open the folder with Arrange by Folder, the picture details are shown and Date taken is used for Date which is correct. [ATTACH] If the same folder is opened with Arrange by Day the picture details are missing and therefore the Date created is...
  7. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?: My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I think I accidentally deleted that box and I see no option to bring it back. Is there a way to restore this feature so that...
  8. Where was this photo taken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where was this photo taken?: My corporate issued laptop must have some restrictions so the info icon is not showing up. Can anyone tell where this photo is from? Thanks [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/where-was-this-photo-taken/254880ff-ba3e-447f-b477-3b209d8d56b5
  9. DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer: How can I get DNG files to open with Windows Photo Viewer? 57546
  10. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?: The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged. [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 71495