Windows 10: Constant freezing/lockups with mouse/keyboard usage in windows 10

Discus and support Constant freezing/lockups with mouse/keyboard usage in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There was 1 power off or crash. There were no BSOD. The error report displayed possible corruption on drive E: There were other entries related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fcao, Jan 16, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

Constant freezing/lockups with mouse/keyboard usage in windows 10

There was 1 power off or crash.
    There were no BSOD.
    The error report displayed possible corruption on drive E:
    There were other entries related to drives.
    Windows failed fast startup.
    Aomei displayed disk 1 and disk 2 now as GPT drives.
    Disk 3 is MBR. It is drive: F: 30 GB
    Disk 1 is GPT . It is drive: D: 500 MB Drive: G 931 GB
    Disk 0 is GPT. It is drive C: Partition 1: 499 MB Recovery, Partition 2: 100 MB System Partition 3 16 MB MSR Partition 4: 465 GB Data

1) Download and install mini tool partition wizard:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    2) When it is installed > post an image into the thread.
    3) For each disk 1 and disk two expand the rows and post images into the thread.
    4) Open administrative command prompt and type:
    c: dir
    d: dir
    e: dir
    f: dir
    g: dir
    diskpart
    list disk
    list volume
    select disk 0
    list partition
    exit
    2) Use a camera and take pictures of the above and post the results into the thread.
    3) Turn off Windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    4) In the left lower corner type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > under startup and recovery click settings > under system failure un-check automatically restart.

Code: Event[301]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2018-01-17T22:35:21.391 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: E:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume7.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote] Code: Event[300]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-17T22:35:21.388 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: Event[301]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2018-01-17T22:35:21.391 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: E:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume7.(A device which does not exist was specified.)[/quote] Code: Event[893]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2018-01-18T14:44:40.620 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote] Code: Event[1031]: Log Name: System Source: Virtual Disk Service Date: 2018-01-18T16:05:15.116 Event ID: 10 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: VDS fails to write boot code on a disk during clean operation. Error code: 80070002@02070008[/quote] Code: Event[984]: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 2018-01-18T15:13:25.020 Event ID: 129 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.[/quote] Code: Event[978]: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 2018-01-18T15:12:34.942 Event ID: 129 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.Event[979]: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 2018-01-18T15:12:44.942 Event ID: 129 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.[/quote] Code: Event[761]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-18T00:45:21.942 Event ID: 157 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Disk 2 has been surprise removed.[/quote] Code: Event[761]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-18T00:45:21.942 Event ID: 157 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Disk 2 has been surprise removed.[/quote]

zbook, Jan 18, 2018
  2. Fcao Win User

The partition wizard is not listing one of the drives. The computer did freeze momentarily and gave me an error. I'll include a picture of that error. I'm not quite sure what you meant about expanding the rows in the partition wizard. Hopefully, this is correct.

Edit: I should mention that the momentary freeze happened when trying to install something.

3. zbook New Member
    For minitool right click on each row with a drive letter > explore > post an image then click on each row + to expand > post images into the thread
    This should display: system volume, recovery; windows, users, etc.

zbook, Jan 18, 2018
  4. Fcao Win User

I'm not sure how far in you want me to go. There is way too much on some of these drives to just open them all. Also, thanks again for the help.

5. zbook New Member
    There are log files from 2015 - 2018.
    The January 2018 files look okay.
    Has the slow boot been fixed by turning off fast startup?
    Has the freezing been fixed?
    Were all of the drivers downloaded and installed from the computer/motheboard manufacturer's website?

These are some routine maintenance steps and some further troubleshooting steps:
    1) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) make a brand new restore point
    7) backup all files to another drive or to the cloud
    8) make a backup image using Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    9) Save the backup image to another drive or to the cloud.
    10) In the left lower corner search type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > under startup and recovery click settings >under startup failure un-check automatically restart.
    11) Download and install Whocrashed:
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer
    12) Above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT
    13) click analyze
    14) post an image into the thread
    15) post a new zip after the above steps:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

zbook, Jan 18, 2018
  6. Fcao Win User
    I don't know what you mean about turning off fast startup. I changed one of the bios settings and it seems to have sped up the boot. It was something like hardware fastboot. I switched it from off to on. The boot time went from ~2 minutes to ~12 seconds. So far, I have no been having freezing problems. I have only just finished installing everything onto the computer though. I have downloaded all the drivers from the motherboard maker's website. I have also created a backup image. When I ran whocrashed my computer froze instead of crashing properly.

7. zbook New Member
    1) Which antivirus product are installed on the computer?
    2) In the left lower corner search type system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings >
    > under performance click settings > on performance options click advanced tab > under virtual memory click change > post an image of virtual memory into the thread
    > under startup and recovery > click on settings > post an image into the thread
    3) Run HD Tune: (on each drive)
    HD Tune website
    Perform:
    a) full error scan > post images into the thread
    (this may take several hours so plan to run overnight)
    b) Health (SMART) > post image into the thread
    c) Benchmark > post images into the thread
    4) In the left lower corner search type: services > scroll down to windows defender > right click on each row > click on properties > look at service status > click start > change startup type to automatic > reboot

Code: Event[1751]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2018-01-18T21:01:44.780 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote]
    Code: Event[1755]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2018-01-18T21:03:52.966 Event ID: 7000 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.[/quote] Code: Event[1726]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2018-01-18T21:01:40.491 Event ID: 161 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.[/quote] Code: Event[1707]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2018-01-18T20:59:18.609 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote] Code: Event[1683]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2018-01-18T20:59:13.379 Event ID: 161 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.[/quote] Code: Event[1660]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-18T20:27:21.526 Event ID: 157 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Disk 2 has been surprise removed.[/quote] Code: Event[1659]: Log Name: System Source: iaStorA Date: 2018-01-18T20:26:51.197 Event ID: 129 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.[/quote] Code: Event[1654]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2018-01-18T20:17:52.556 Event ID: 7000 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.[/quote]
    Code: Event[1340]: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 2018-01-18T20:01:20.551 Event ID: 129 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.[/quote] Code: Event[300]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-17T22:35:21.388 Event ID: 51 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation.[/quote] Code: Event[761]: Log Name: System Source: Disk Date: 2018-01-18T00:45:21.942 Event ID: 157 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-T0M67QD Description: Disk 2 has been surprise removed.[/quote]

zbook, Jan 18, 2018
  8. Fcao Win User

I primarily use Comodo for antivirus/firewall. I also use malwarebytes, but I haven't reinstalled that yet. For the fourth set of instructions, I cannot start the windows defender services. I included the error message that I get. Some let me click start and then give me that error. Others have the start button grayed out.

9. zbook New Member
    The logs display Comodo as already installed.
    That is likely interfering with Windows defender.

Post #14, step #3 was the troubleshooting step for the event viewer reporting that windows fast startup failed.

Play the most challenging games and test your computer to see if there are any problems. Post feedback into the thread. With that we can decide the next step.

After that test the RAM, DIMM, Motherboard with Memtest86+ version 5.01 for 8 or more passes:

Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    There is 16 GB of RAM on the computer.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

zbook, Jan 18, 2018
  10. Fcao Win User
    I haven't changed the fast startup setting. Unfortunately, it seems my computer does not want to run memtest86+. I created the flash drive for the test, but now that flash drive isn't recognized anywhere but file explorer. I can't see it in the bios or partitioning programs. I can copy files to it though. I have tried formatting it, but that didn't help. I am working on testing the computer in games, but since this is a fresh install, that is taking a while.

11. zbook New Member
    These are some troubleshooting steps:

Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials: Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Note
    If you have fast boot or ultra fast boot enabled in your UEFI firmware settings, then you will need to temporarily disable fast boot or ultra fast boot to be able to boot from a USB.
    How to Enable Fast Boot or Ultra Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows: Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows Performance Maintenance Tutorials

1. Try another USB stick
    2. Try all USB ports (2.0 and 3.0)
    3. Maybe when using UEFI Bios you have to temporarily switch to Legacy in BIOS settings
    4. Turn off temporarily fast boot, secure boot, CSM if enabled

zbook, Jan 18, 2018
  12. Fcao Win User
    I'll have work on that tomorrow, time for me to go to sleep. It's not that it won't but from bios, it's that the drive has disappeared. I don't know why. I can't even see it in minitool partition wizard. I can only see it in file explorer. I'll try another flash drive if I have to, but I'd prefer to fix this one first. There is no guarantee the next one won't end up the same way. I will also have to find a flash drive that I don't mind losing. Any idea why this keeps happening? First the ssd, now the flash drive. At least the flash drive isn't quite as broken.

Edit:
    I changed the bios settings to load Uefi first then legacy. It showed the flash drive and my hard drive that vanished earlier. I don't know why because I tried that before and could not get it to show up. I took advantage of the opportunity and changed that ssd to gpt. Hopefully that takes care of one problem. The flash drive is still missing however. It shows up in bios, though. I tried booting to it and ended up with something unexpected. I included a picture of what loaded instead of the memtest. For some reason I had to make it into a .rar.

Edit 2:
    Just after typing that my motherboard informed me that the newly found ssd was removed. I have no idea why. I wasn't even doing anything besides submitting a post to this forum. So it is missing again.

13. zbook New Member

See if any of this is useful :
    This was from another link where there were problems were successfully troubleshooted:

1. I disabled the fast boot
    2. I diasbled the secure boot control to get into CSM
    3. I enabled the CSM and F10 to save and exit
    4. Press F2 and in the boot menu we will find 4 options:
    a) 2 for UEFI: boot manager, UEFI Flash disk
    b) 2 for bios: boot manager, flash disk
    5. Select the bios flash disk which will be the last option(fourth) and set it as primary boot device.
    6. Press F10 to save and exit and wait for the memtest86+ to run.

Make sure these things are disabled if your UEFI/BIOS has the equivalent:

Windows 8.1/ 10 WHQL Support [Disabled]
    Enables the supports for Windows 8.1/ 10 or disables for other operating systems.
    Before enabling this item, make sure all installed devices & utilities (hardware &
    software) should meet the Windows 8.1/ 10 requirements.
    [Enabled] The system will switch to UEFI mode to meet the Windows
    requirement.
    [Disabled] Disables this function.

MSI Fast Boot [Disabled]
    MSI Fast Boot is the fastest way to boot the system. It will disable more devices to
    speed up system boot time which is faster than the boot time of Fast Boot.
    [Enabled] Enables the MSI Fast Boot function to speed up booting time. And
    the following Fast Boot field will be disabled and fixed.
    [Disabled] Disables MSI Fast Boot.

Fast Boot [Disabled/ windows7, Enabled/ windows 8.1/ 10]
    Enables or disables the fast boot feature for Windows 8.1/ 10. This item will only be
    available when MSI Fast Boot is disabled.
    [Enabled] Enables the Fast Boot configuration to accelerate system boot time.
    [Disabled] Disables the Fast Boot configuration.

Secure Boot
    Sets the Windows secure boot to prevent the unauthorized accessing. Press
    <Enter> to enter the sub-menu. This sub-menu will appear when Windows 8.1/ 10
    WHQL Support is enabled.

Secure Boot Support [Disabled]
    Enables or disables secure boot support.
    [Enabled] Enables the secure boot function and allow you to set the secure
    boot settings.
    [Disabled] Disables this function.

Secure Boot Mode [Standard]
    Selects the secure boot mode. This item is to select how the secure boot keys be
    loaded. This item appears when Secure Boot Support is enabled.
    [Standard] The system will automatically load the secure keys from BIOS.
    [Custom] Allows user to configure the secure boot settings and manually load
    the secure keys.

Boot Mode Select [LEGACY+UEFI]
    Sets the system boot mode from legacy or UEFI architecture depending on OS
    installation requirement. This item will become un-selectable and will be configured
    automatically by BIOS when Windows 8.1/ 10 WHQL Support is enabled.
    [UEFI] Enables UEFI BIOS boot mode support only.
    [LEGACY+UEFI] Enables both Legacy BIOS boot mode and UEFI BIOS boot
    mode.

zbook, Jan 18, 2018
  14. Fcao Win User
    I had to switch the bios from loading uefi then legacy to legacy then uefi in order to get a different flash drive to run memtest86+. The first flash drive is still not showing up. Memtest86+ is currently running. Sometimes my other hard drive shows up when I mess with the bios, but it always disappears shortly after for some reason. I tried wiping it and it was removed before the wipe finished. I have a bad feeling about that.

15. zbook New Member
    Once Memtest86+ version 5.01 has completed 8 or more passes please take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    The more the passes the better the test.

After the memtest86+ version 5.01 has completed, perform the following steps:
    1) Open the BIOS and take pictures and post images into the thread. (pictures related to the drives)
    2) Open disk management > expand status and volume columns so that the contents of each row is in complete view and nothing is cut off > post an image into the thread
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of General Tips Tutorials
    3) Download and install: Minitool partition wizard > post an image into the thread
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    4) open device manager > click view > show hidden devices > expand disk drives > post an image into the thread
    5) open file explorer > this PC > post an image into the thread

zbook, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant freezing/lockups with mouse/keyboard usage in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Constant freezing lockups

2. Mouse constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse constantly freezing: My mouse is constantly freezing during log-in. It's a pain so help.Appreciate it, I updated my mouse drivers but it didn't seem to fix my mouse.Thanks, have a good day...
  3. Mouse constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse constantly freezing: My mouse is constantly freezing during log-in. It's a pain so help.Appreciate it, I updated my mouse drivers but it didn't seem to fix my mouse.Thanks, have a good day...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  6. mouse & keyboard lockup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse & keyboard lockup: I went from v1909 to 20H2 and a couple of times my mouse and keyboard froze. Since it never happened with v1909 I can only assume it is the 20H2 'upgrade'. I don't believe it was a memory issue since I was only surfing with a couple of Edge tabs and Excel open, and I do have...
  7. Constant BSOD and lockups.

Constant BSOD and lockups.: I am getting random BSOD errors. All drivers, bios, and windows are updated. I'm starting to the extreme i9 processors are just unstable.. Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 DESKTOP-MMN0NHO-(2020-04-25_17-42-32).zip 155116
  8. Keyboard and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freezing: Hey all, after some advice! New system, fresh install of win 10, after bootup all is great and after about 5 minutes, both keyboard and mouse freeze? Both are still showing powered and connected. reinstalled drivers, and clean re-install later. Same problem. Anyone...
  9. Mouse freezes constantly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse freezes constantly: this started about a week ago - the mouse pointer will intermittently freeze. it happens in all applications, so is likely Windows related. I have not installed/upgraded any software myself at that time auto updates may have happened . its completely random. Sometimes it wont...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard Freeze on Windows 10

Mouse and Keyboard Freeze on Windows 10: After auto update to version 1903 on 64 bit processor, the computer freezes when keyboard or mouse is left idle for 2 to 5 minutes. How do I resolve this problem?...