Windows 10: Contact the administrator

Discus and support Contact the administrator in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I AM the administrator! So I went through the process of changing my login to the administrator after Windows 10 put someone I don't know in charge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ronyar, Sep 28, 2015.

1. ronyar Win User

Contact the administrator

I AM the administrator! So I went through the process of changing my login to the administrator after Windows 10 put someone I don't know in charge. I'm trying to re-install a wireless HP printer which worked exceptionally well in Windows 8.

When I attempt to install the printer driver I don't have permission. "Contact the administrator" still pops up!

Any help?? Thanks.*Sad

:)

ronyar, Sep 28, 2015

2. Printer is "blocked, contact the administrator"

Hi Steve,

There are a lot of reasons that can cause this issue with your printer. To provide you an accurate resolution, we would like to know if you have tried updating your printer driver? If no, you may update it by following the steps on this
    link.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Printer is "blocked, contact the administrator"

Had to get tech support for the question I had. Brought in my computer tech and he found the issue. For some reason my friend had used the computer and the computer had him down as the admin.. Once my friend logged in, my computer tech was able to remove
    him as admin., got rid of the printer in the devices and printers, he was able to reload the disc for the printer, download the printer disc again (which worked) and now the printer is working fine, with no issues at all. So, if anyone else is having this
    problem, with someone else using the computer, trying to print something when you get a notice Blocked for your safety, See Admin., have a computer tech look at your computer. I was going to purchase a new computer, but, with the issue resolved, no need to
    now.

SteveHaslehurst, Sep 28, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Sep 28, 2015
  5. Then, unfortunately, you might have problems in Win10.

I had an older HP 8500 all-in-one that worked great in Win8. When I installed Win10 (through an upgrade), the printer was seen but did not work.

What DID work was to uninstall the printer software, disconnect the printer, download the Full Feature Software and Driver (for Win10) from HP, install using that, and then, when prompted, reconnecting the printer.

If you don't have the software for your HP printer handy, you can find it by entering the information at the HP Support Site: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Contact the administrator - Similar Threads - Contact administrator

2. Printer issue- Contact Network Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer issue- Contact Network Administrator: I have a HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M227fdw I've tried the trouble shooting and I get "contact your network administrator.' I can print to other printers in the office building, but not my printer. Please advise....
  3. Sync not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this.: My Surface Book is running 1903 Windows 10. I logon to my computer with my Microsoft Account. I have a Office 386 Home Premium account and have installed all Office programs. I have 3 accounts on an Exchange Server - Exchange Online (Plan 1) which I have configured in...
  4. error message contact site administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    error message contact site administrator: Error message Please contact site administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-contact-site-administrator/19673de4-9456-4c35-bc3e-97af09b967ef"
  5. Administrator does not exist or can be contacted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Administrator does not exist or can be contacted: I did a full reset of my computer today cleaning all the drives and everything on the computer but when it was done it said to sign in as an administrator and not my account and when i click sign it it says “The specified domain either does not exist or could not be...
  6. You do not have to permission to access (shared network resource) contact your administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have to permission to access (shared network resource) contact your administrator: Hi, This is a solution rather than a question. I found the question above, but not an answer. All suggested answers to this question were so ridiculously in depth for a basic drive share over a local LAN that I knew there must be a simpler solution. So I'm assuming you've...
  7. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I click onto Network and double click onto the...
  8. There’s a problem with PDP Control Hub. Contact your system administrator about repairing...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    There’s a problem with PDP Control Hub. Contact your system administrator about repairing...: I think my system is corrupted because when i try opening windows apps they all say There’s a problem with (app). Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it. I try reinstalling, repairing, resetting windows store and nothing works. This really gets...
  9. Can't activate Windows by Phone contact your administrator for more info. If I go to run...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate Windows by Phone contact your administrator for more info. If I go to run...: [ATTACH] I am not able to contact customer care and activate my windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-by-phone-contact-your/d294e9af-7784-4b28-af7a-7dc8fe7d3160
  10. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: ***Modify title from: Permissions*** Hello, I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I...