Windows 10: Contact the administrator

Discus and support Contact the administrator in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I AM the administrator! So I went through the process of changing my login to the administrator after Windows 10 put someone I don't know in charge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ronyar, Sep 28, 2015.

1. ronyar Win User

Contact the administrator

I AM the administrator! So I went through the process of changing my login to the administrator after Windows 10 put someone I don't know in charge. I'm trying to re-install a wireless HP printer which worked exceptionally well in Windows 8.

When I attempt to install the printer driver I don't have permission. "Contact the administrator" still pops up!

Any help?? Thanks.*Sad

:)

ronyar, Sep 28, 2015

2. Printer is "blocked, contact the administrator"

Hi Steve,

There are a lot of reasons that can cause this issue with your printer. To provide you an accurate resolution, we would like to know if you have tried updating your printer driver? If no, you may update it by following the steps on this
    link.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Printer is "blocked, contact the administrator"

Had to get tech support for the question I had. Brought in my computer tech and he found the issue. For some reason my friend had used the computer and the computer had him down as the admin.. Once my friend logged in, my computer tech was able to remove
    him as admin., got rid of the printer in the devices and printers, he was able to reload the disc for the printer, download the printer disc again (which worked) and now the printer is working fine, with no issues at all. So, if anyone else is having this
    problem, with someone else using the computer, trying to print something when you get a notice Blocked for your safety, See Admin., have a computer tech look at your computer. I was going to purchase a new computer, but, with the issue resolved, no need to
    now.

SteveHaslehurst, Sep 28, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Sep 28, 2015
  5. Then, unfortunately, you might have problems in Win10.

I had an older HP 8500 all-in-one that worked great in Win8. When I installed Win10 (through an upgrade), the printer was seen but did not work.

What DID work was to uninstall the printer software, disconnect the printer, download the Full Feature Software and Driver (for Win10) from HP, install using that, and then, when prompted, reconnecting the printer.

If you don't have the software for your HP printer handy, you can find it by entering the information at the HP Support Site: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Contact the administrator - Similar Threads - Contact administrator

2. My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...: My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what might be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-failing-to-restart-it-is-saying-that/8a7154a8-73f4-4be4-a73a-bf523142f21e
  3. My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...: My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what might be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-failing-to-restart-it-is-saying-that/8a7154a8-73f4-4be4-a73a-bf523142f21e
  4. My laptop is failing to restart it is saying that I should contact the administrator what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!: I’m trying to install a program on a PC DVD rom specifically a Sims 2 stuff pack but I immediately get a red error message saying “This app has been blocked for your protection- An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the...
  6. Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!: I’m trying to install a program on a PC DVD rom specifically a Sims 2 stuff pack but I immediately get a red error message saying “This app has been blocked for your protection- An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the...
  7. Can’t install program and told to contact administrator… but I’m administrator!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. When I try to uninstall avast the feed back I get is to contact system administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to uninstall avast the feed back I get is to contact system administration: I downloaded avast antivirus but when I try to uninstall it the feed back I get is to contact system administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-uninstall-avast-the-feed-back-i-get/8aad16cc-6829-40f1-8d6e-e8d242061626
  9. When I try to uninstall avast the feed back I get is to contact system administration

When I try to uninstall avast the feed back I get is to contact system administration: I downloaded avast antivirus but when I try to uninstall it the feed back I get is to contact system administration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-uninstall-avast-the-feed-back-i-get/8aad16cc-6829-40f1-8d6e-e8d242061626
  10. When I try to uninstall avast the feed back I get is to contact system administration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging