Windows 10: Context menu "New" missing, seems to be replaced by "cmd"

Discus and support Context menu "New" missing, seems to be replaced by "cmd" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just realized today that the "new" context menu has disappeared every in windows 10. And a new item that wasn't there before "cmd" has popped up. See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phacer, Nov 18, 2016.

1. phacer Win User

Context menu "New" missing, seems to be replaced by "cmd"

I just realized today that the "new" context menu has disappeared every in windows 10. And a new item that wasn't there before "cmd" has popped up. See screenshot.

Context menu "New" missing, seems to be replaced by "cmd" [​IMG]

When I press "cmd" I get the following error in the screenshot below.

Context menu "New" missing, seems to be replaced by "cmd" [​IMG]

If I go to create new folder in the "File Explorer" menu on the top nothing happens.
    "mkdir folder" in the command promt still works.

So for this I have two questions.

Why would this happen in the first place, so I can prevent it from happening again?

And how can I fix it, preferable without re-installing everything?

:)

phacer, Nov 18, 2016

2. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Nov 18, 2016
  3. moo09 Win User
    N79; can't run " home media " menu

I'm in Thailand . I just buy N79 , but I have found my phone can run " home media " menu. When I go to " home media " menu it's push back to "connectivity" menu .

When I go to Nokia Care center . They said All N79 was bug as this. Wait to upgrade firmware as now it's already new as 10.046

Please share information with me

moo09, Nov 18, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Nov 18, 2016
  5. phacer Win User
    phacer, Nov 18, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome for the link. Maybe it was just some kind of Windows hiccup? Have you ran an AV Scan?

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Context menu "New" missing, seems to be replaced by "cmd" - Similar Threads - Context menu missing

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  5. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  6. New context menu at desktop missing options

New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  7. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  9. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

"New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  10. New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?: Hi, after upgrading to new version of office (from 2013 to 2016) i have no new excel worksheet in new(folder) of context menu. Could please somebody help me out on this? I followed Shaun s tutorial for removing and reinstating New context menu...