Windows 10: Control Panel List

Discus and support Control Panel List in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why doesn't control panel display the long list of items alphabetically? Its tiresome always searching thru it to find an item. Did I not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DAVEY JONES, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Control Panel List

Why doesn't control panel display the long list of items alphabetically? Its tiresome always searching thru it to find an item.

Did I not see somewhere a picture showing it in alphabetical order, and if so, how do you do it?

:)

DAVEY JONES, Jan 10, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User

display control panel as list

If you are talking about the All Control Panel Items dialog, on the right side there is "View by" drop down. Is that what you are looking for?

Rohn007, Jan 10, 2017
  3. wjbarber Win User
    display control panel as list

display control panel as a list

wjbarber, Jan 10, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Control Panel List

philc43, Jan 10, 2017
  5. Or large icons; your choice.

Alan Russell, Jan 10, 2017
  6. I do have it displayed as icons. Mine is alphabetical in each of the four columns, but not overall. A rather odd way of doing it. I just find it tiresome scanning up an down each but probably no more tiresome than typing this complaint.*Rolleyes

BY THE WAY, You folks seem to find it very easy to post screen shots. Wondering how you do it cuz its not easy going it manually. Got scripts, macros or something automated?

DAVEY JONES, Jan 11, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    The sort order is left to right across the columns before moving down to the next row.

philc43, Jan 11, 2017
  8. Control Panel List

That's even worse ! Like reading Japanese.

DAVEY JONES, Jan 11, 2017
  9. mrgeek Win User
    "Why doesn't control panel display the long list of items alphabetically? Its tiresome always searching thru it to find an item."

You know you can type what you're looking for, like 'pointer', in the Search box in the upper R corner and the search will quickly return all Control Panel categories in which the term exists ? No need to scroll any list and wonder where the feature is.

mrgeek, Jan 12, 2017
  10. Berton Win User
    Posting screenshots is rather painless once you've practiced a bit. I press the PrntScrn key [lettering may be a bit different] which copies the screen to the Windows Clipboard, open Paint [in the Start, W, Windows Accessories, I Pin it to Start], click the Paste icon, crop if too big, save it then click Go Advanced on this page, locate the file [usually in Pictures] and attach it then post the question or the reply.

Berton, Jan 12, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
  12. Bree New Member
    Winkey+PrtSc to capture the whole desktop and save it to Pictures\Screenshots, or for a part of the screen, use the Snipping Tool. Click on this image to see an animation...

Control Panel List [​IMG]

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

13. Control Panel List

In W10, you can use "Windows Logo Key + PrtScn".

This will create a screenshot and place it in your "Pictures" folder (in a folder called "Screenshots").

lehnerus2000, Jan 12, 2017
  14. Berton Win User
    And if you use either Large or Small Icons you can drag the right edge to the left to decrease the number of columns to one which makes it long/scrollable but the items are listed alphabetically.

Berton, Jan 12, 2017
  15. No, I didn't know that but now I do*Smile.

DAVEY JONES, Jan 12, 2017
Thema:

Control Panel List

1. Control Panel List - Similar Threads - Control Panel List

2. My printer isn't listed in Control Panel/Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer isn't listed in Control Panel/Printers: My printer isn't listed in the Control Panel Device Printers:I have a new Canon Pixma MG2500/2400 Series and I went to Windows 11 to find the printer to install the drivers.It's not listed and I tried to add manually and it's not listed.Is there a driver online that I can...
  3. Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel //...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel //...: Uninstall An Update That Is Not Listed In The "Installed Updates" In Control Panel // Window 11 HomeWhen I click to view install updates --> Setting / Windows Update --> not show list...
  4. Categorized List View for All Control Panel Items

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Categorized List View for All Control Panel Items: [ATTACH] Does anyone recognize this feature in Windows 10? It's a categorized list view of all control panel items on a single folder/shortcut. I've managed to find this previously on my old laptop but couldn't replicate/find this feature now. Might be very useful for...
  5. Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones are listed as speakers in Sound control panel: Pretty much when I plug my headphones in from the back, into the green jack, it gets recognized as speakers, whereas when I plug it into my front 3.5mm jack labeled as headphones and microphones, it doesn't detect it at all, so it doesn't even say the speakers are in use.....
  6. Programs not showing in program list in Control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not showing in program list in Control panel: Hello! I have a laptop running Win10 Home. I have been trying to remove some of the programs, but they do not show in the control panel. I have also looked in the registry under Local Machine/ software/windows/current version/uninstall and the programs aren't shown there...
  7. Program running that is not listed on the control panel

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program running that is not listed on the control panel: I have a program running"Shaquille.exe and need to uninstall it, how can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-running-that-is-not-listed-on-the-control/dcaab1d0-98ba-45a5-9c68-f0850c42e727
  8. Windows 10 programs not listed in control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 programs not listed in control panel: I just did a reset of Windows because of some PC issues with the "Keep my personal files" option. When I booted my computer back up, I still had steam, origin, uplay, and a couple of other programs. However, I tried opening Origin and got errors about me missing some dll....
  9. Program listed in Control Panel not found on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program listed in Control Panel not found on computer: Hello! I'm sorry if this has been asked before - if it has, I haven't been able to find it. There's a particular program listed under Control Panel on my computer that I've been trying unsuccessfully to get rid of for awhile, but I receive an error despite everything...
  10. Programs Missing From Control Panel List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List: Trying to uninstall some apps. Some are missing from Control Panel uninstall list of apps How can I find them? Windows 10 37229