Windows 10: Controlled Folder Access events stopped working

Discus and support Controlled Folder Access events stopped working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm testing Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access. At some point during my testing event ID 1123 stopped showing up in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rpenner55, Feb 12, 2019.

1. rpenner55 Win User

Controlled Folder Access events stopped working

I'm testing Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access. At some point during my testing event ID 1123 stopped showing up in the Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender/Operational log.

I've tried turning off and on, or switching to Audit mode. When I enable CFA it does block access to the folders it has listed, however no events show up in the event log.

How can I get these events to show up again?

Thanks

:)

rpenner55, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?

Yes, it's an odd one - I've not seen it stop anything working either. And after a restart the same actions don't usually trigger it.

It is described as...
    in the MS document you linked to in post #33 here...
    Add Protected Folders to Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 - Page 4 - | Windows 10 Tutorials

3. AndreTen Win User
    Is anyone using Windows Defender Controlled folder access?

Thanks for bringing out that 1127.. This event (blocking memory) isn't listed in Controlled folder access events, yet it occurs from time to time. And I don't notice any side effects of it... *Confused

It is triggered (on my system) by hwinfo, powercfg, UUP2ISO, nothing to do with Controlled folders, but memory.

AndreTen, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Controlled Folder Access events stopped working

Jsssssssss, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Controlled Folder Access events stopped working

1. Controlled Folder Access events stopped working - Similar Threads - Controlled Folder Access

2. Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel: I'm running Windows 10 Pro with Controlled Folder Access enabled. I have an administrator account, but I do not want to disable CFA. The problem is, up until recently, I could easily make an exception by clicking on the windows notification popup when a protected folder event...
  3. Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel: I'm running Windows 10 Pro with Controlled Folder Access enabled. I have an administrator account, but I do not want to disable CFA. The problem is, up until recently, I could easily make an exception by clicking on the windows notification popup when a protected folder event...
  4. Protected folder access events are not appearing in the windows control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  6. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  7. controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    controlled folder access: My real-time protection, cloud-delivered protection, automatic sample submission, tamper protections all are off. I try to on it. but it doesn't work. It says to on the controlled folder access. but when I try to on that option. it doesn't work. It says, "protects files,...
  8. CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS: MY CONTOLLED FOLDER ACCESS WILL NOT TURN ON https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controlled-folder-access/7c2fdde9-b968-47ee-88b5-b8411d7e02b9
  9. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Trying to use Controlled Folder access on a couple of machines. I am running into an issue where after about a day defender notifications no longer appear in the action center nor are they logged by defender in event viewer. If i look in event viewer at the defender...
  10. Controlled folder access

Controlled folder access: For the last week the controlled folder access is blocking my Quicken program from updating or downloading anything. When I click on the notice it takes me to the allow app but when I open that to choose to allow app nothing is there! I really need to use my Quicken. How do...