Windows 10: Copy local user group policy settings from one device to another

Discus and support Copy local user group policy settings from one device to another in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently building a Windows 10 LTSC 2019 reference image in a workgroup environment with multiple user accounts. I'd like to replicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul_FENZ, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Paul_FENZ Win User

Copy local user group policy settings from one device to another

Hello,

I'm currently building a Windows 10 LTSC 2019 reference image in a workgroup environment with multiple user accounts. I'd like to replicate the local user group policy applied to these local accounts so other devices with the same image and user accounts can receive the user policy I've applied to my reference machine. Is this possible?

I can see how LGPO tools can capture and replicate local group policy settings, but I cannot see how this tool can do the same for local user settings.

:)

Paul_FENZ, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. Copy local user group policy settings from one device to another :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Mar 12, 2019
  3. PMD777 Win User
    Local group policy -user specific

Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops.

PMD777, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Ring Win User

Backup and Restore Local Group Policy Settings in Windows 10

Hi Brink.

I followed your instructions for the first option and downloaded the .vbs file to my Desktop folder. The file wasn't blocked so that was a non-issue, but there was no option to run the file when I right-clicked on it - only to open it. When I did that UAC asked me if I wanted Microsoft Windows Based Script Host to make changes to my device. I clicked on Yes and all that happened was that a Local Group Policy folder was placed in my Desktop folder next to the original .vbs file. The Group Policy Folder contained three other folders - GroupPolicyUsers, Machine, and User. All 3 folders were empty and contained no backups.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you kindly.

Thema:

1. Copy local user group policy settings from one device to another - Similar Threads - Copy local user

2. Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Registry Settings and Local Group Policies do not get applied to All Users: I did some customization for Task bar and Other File Explorer Settings through Group Policy and Registry , but none of this is gets applied The settings are1. Remove Search Bar in task bar2. Remove Windows Store3. Launch File Explorer to "This PC" instead of Quick Access4....
  3. Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another: When a user is added to one on-prem AD security group, make it so they are automatically added to another on-prem AD security group. Is this possible? I'm trying to make it so the Accounts team doesn't have to remember to add a user to 2 AD groups. I'm also trying to do this...
  4. Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another: When a user is added to one on-prem AD security group, make it so they are automatically added to another on-prem AD security group. Is this possible? I'm trying to make it so the Accounts team doesn't have to remember to add a user to 2 AD groups. I'm also trying to do this...
  5. Copy User Automatically from One AD Group to Another

6. Local group policies

Local group policies: Hello, I have issue with windows 10 home basic. There is no options for Administrative Templates inLocal Group Policies. Please resolve this issue...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policies/bdbb2977-adf0-4aed-a08d-4dd5601fffac
  7. Backup/Transfer Local User Group Policy?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/Transfer Local User Group Policy?: OS: Windows 10 Pro (version 2004) I have been going crazy trying to figure out how to backup and transfer a user group-only policy without using a domain. I need to be able to setup a policy for non-administrators and use all the same setting configurations on dozens of...
  8. Backup/Transfer Local Group Policy (User)

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup/Transfer Local Group Policy (User): OS: Windows 10 Pro (version 2004) I have been going crazy trying to figure out how to backup and transfer a user group only policy without using a domain. I need to be able to setup a policy for non-administrators and use all the same setting configurations on dozens of...
  9. local group policy

local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  10. Local group policy -user specific

Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7