Windows 10: Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem)

Discus and support Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I am copying and pasting text from one text file to another. Or from anywhere to anywhere, it usually forgets after a single paste, and I have to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stigg, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Stigg Win User

Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem)

If I am copying and pasting text from one text file to another. Or from anywhere to anywhere, it usually forgets after a single paste, and I have to go and re-copy it again. Or, if I copy something and don't paste it straight away, it will forget before I even get to paste it at all.

I don't know why the clipboard keeps losing its contents. I have read about a lot of people having the issue.
    Some have said that clearing the contents will work (cmd.exe /c "echo off | clip"), but not for me.
    I have also tried using the "Clear Clipboard" Shortcut posted on this site.

I've done check disks and system file checker, but still the same. *Sad

Any ideas?
    I am using Windows 10 64-bit Version 1809.

:)

Stigg, Apr 16, 2019

2. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as
    BMP which doesn't allow for transparency. Is there a workaround? like an application that adds functionality to the clipboard that would address this issue?

When I copy and paste from illustrator to Photoshop, the transparency remains. I think this is because Illustrator allows you to export clipboard data as pdf data.

DevinMurdock1, Apr 16, 2019
  3. copy and paste

Windows standard works in most places:

Select first item in a list (one click)

For contiguous list selection:

Hold the Shift key down, click on the last item in a list

For non-contiguous list selection:

Hold the Ctrl key down, click on each item you want to save

With selected items shown, simply hold the Ctrl key down and press the c key

These steps will save what you have selected to the Windows clipboard

You can then paste what is on the clipboard (not-selectively) in most places by simply placing the cursor where you want the copy to be, then hold down the Ctrl key and press v

Canadian Tech, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem)

How do you copy and paste? what is a clipboard?

Clipboard is a temporary storage area in the memory (instead of disk drive), which can store images as well as text. To paste data from clipboard, use the Paste command (CTRL+V) which is supported by almost all applications and edit control boxes.

If the clipboard object is in text format, then open Notepad or any other text editor, and choose Paste. Note that to keep the source formatting intact (suppose you copy text from a website), you'll need to paste it in an editor that supports rich text capabilities..
    like Microsoft Word. Pasting in Notepad strips off all the special text formatting.

If the clipboard object is an image, then open Paint (mspaint.exe), paste it and save the file.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem)

1. Copy & Paste Keeps Forgetting (Clipboard Problem) - Similar Threads - Copy Paste Keeps

2. Feature Suggestion: Enhanced Clipboard Functionality - Copy-Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Suggestion: Enhanced Clipboard Functionality - Copy-Paste: Hello Developer Community,I trust this message finds you well. I've been utilizing the copy-and-paste functionality regularly in my development workflow, and I had a suggestion that I believe could enhance user experience and efficiency.Currently, when we copy content, the...
  3. Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11: Clipboard stops to working in random time during the working day. Can't copy/paste, clipboard manager is empty. No any special actions done before this: it just stops to work in regular routine. I just have to restart Windows and hope to work for a next few hours.It's make me...
  4. Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard problems can not copy/paste in Windows 11: Clipboard stops to working in random time during the working day. Can't copy/paste, clipboard manager is empty. No any special actions done before this: it just stops to work in regular routine. I just have to restart Windows and hope to work for a next few hours.It's make me...
  5. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paste to Clipboard: I cannot paste a copy of an announcement on the web into Clipboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-to-clipboard/fcebdbfb-744e-4b20-bc39-38cb2d59e284
  6. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paste to Clipboard: I cannot paste a copy of an announcement on the web into Clipboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-to-clipboard/fcebdbfb-744e-4b20-bc39-38cb2d59e284
  7. Paste to Clipboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Copy and paste problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and paste problem: I am having problems with my copy/paste function.I have 2777 photos JPEG on a dvd and am trying to copy/paste to a portable 2GB SSD hard drive.When I open F: where the dvd is, when I click Select All then copy then paste to iDriveWiFiD: SSD, it will start pasting. When it...
  9. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.: I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as BMP which doesn't...
  10. Problems with Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Copy and Paste: Hi I'm new here and new to Windows 10, which installed itself onto my computer just recently. I have some folders I like to backup to Dropbox and in Windows 7 I would simply copy the folder and then past into the Dropbox window and I would get an option, amongst other...