Windows 10: Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows

Discus and support Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows How to Create a Clear Clipboard Shortcut in Windows The clipboard is a temporary storage area... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows

How to: Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows

How to Create a Clear Clipboard Shortcut in Windows

The clipboard is a temporary storage area used by Windows. Information (such as text, files, graphics, sound, or video) can be copied to the clipboard from one program or location and pasted elsewhere. The clipboard can only hold one piece of information at a time. Whenever something is copied to the clipboard, it automatically replaces whatever was there before.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Clear Clipboard shortcut that will allow you to clear the contents of your clipboard as needed in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

*note When you click/tap on the Clear Clipboard shortcut, a command prompt window will quickly open and close to indicate that it has cleared the contents of your clipboard.

*note This will not clear your clipboard history data. It will only clear what is currently in the clipboard to paste.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a "Clear Clipboard" Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a "Clear Clipboard" Shortcut

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a "Clear Clipboard" Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Clear_Clipboard_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a "Clear Clipboard" Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\cmd.exe /c "echo off | clip"

Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows [​IMG]

3. Type Clear Clipboard for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    *note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Clear Clipboard shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\DxpTaskSync.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    *note You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 10, 2015

2. Clear Clipboard in Wondows 10

How do I clear my Clipboard in Win 10? I've tried the "Create a shortcut>paste cmd /c "echo off | clip" into the location, click the shortcut to clear the Clipboard" method but it's not working for some reason. Are there any other methods?

CrazyQuilt, Oct 26, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Clear Clipboard

Hi Oaksavannah,

In the current versions (CC) of Illustrator, there is no way to clear the clipboard - the old versions used to have Edit - Purge, but that was removed . . .

Illustrator will automatically clear the clipboard when is closes

You can minimize the size of the clipboard by adjusting the settings in Edit - Preferences - File Handling and Clipboard

That's about all the control Adobe provids at the moment . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows

George222(2), Oct 26, 2019
  5. ShortCut or Clipboard?

Thanks.

Rob Chisholm, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Clear Clipboard

How can I clear the clipboard when I am working in Adobe Illustrator?

Oaksavannah, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows

1. Create Clear Clipboard shortcut in Windows - Similar Threads - Create Clear Clipboard

2. Shortcut keys of Clipboard on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keys of Clipboard on Windows 11: On Windows 11 we aren't able to control Clipboard copy+paste feature.It can't be controlled by Windows 10 command like,Delete-by Delete buttonJump to next copied text by- Pg Up & Down buttonIt's not working on 11Please share all the control...
  3. Shortcut keys of Clipboard on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keys of Clipboard on Windows 11: On Windows 11 we aren't able to control Clipboard copy+paste feature.It can't be controlled by Windows 10 command like,Delete-by Delete buttonJump to next copied text by- Pg Up & Down buttonIt's not working on 11Please share all the control...
  4. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  5. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...: I need reboot as my last resort for issues that have no clear answer from Tech Support. such as the following:Resources not fully released with App closurereset requires admin rightreinstall requires admin rightHowever, since Reboot takes time, I prefer to avoid reboot often;...
  6. For Clearing Clipboard Data, I prefer manual to automatic.. How NOT to clear Clipboard at...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to create a shortcut in Windows that displays the clipboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a shortcut in Windows that displays the clipboard: Helló! How to create a shortcut in Windows that displays the clipboard? I'm looking for the equivalent of a shortcut for the "Win+V" command key. 147134
  8. Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create a desktop shortcut to a web link with with a variable (clipboard) for easy search...: I’m afraid I’ve never been much of windows user so forgive me if this is something super easy to do, but I haven’t been able to figure it out in the past hour so I‘m hopeful someone here can help. I want to do the following: Some of the website we use for work have a...
  9. how to clear files on clipboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear files on clipboard: how to clear files on clipboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-files-on-clipboard/0380d4c3-0836-470b-a815-5d0c21969979
  10. Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10: How to: Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10 How to Clear Clipboard Data in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy content across your...