Windows 10: Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop"

Discus and support Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Copying files from external HD to my new PC and: "There is not enough space on Desktop. You need an additional 210 GB to copy these files"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by technoir84, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop"

Hello,

Copying files from external HD to my new PC and:

"There is not enough space on Desktop. You need an additional 210 GB to copy these files"

I have 2 drives on the machine:
    • SSD (for apps)
    • HD (1.8 Tb for files) .. when I copy files to desktop, they should technically go into the HD, right? (see presets below, file are set to go into the HD, not the SDD) ... but they DIDN'T, they all went into the SSD !

Copying files to Desktop:  "There is not enough space on Desktop" [​IMG]

Copying files to Desktop:  "There is not enough space on Desktop" [​IMG]

:)

technoir84, Mar 7, 2018

2. Trying to use File History Windows 10

Hi my computer was running slow, probably a virus/malware etc. I am using Windows 10 64-bit and was trying to use the File History feature to restore to an earlier date and it says "There is no enough space on Desktop. You need an additional 35.6 GB
    to copy these files. My Windows is installed onto a 120gb SSD, with several other larger HDDs in this desktop as well. Why does it need more space to simply restore my files to an eariler date?

KeithD32623523, Mar 7, 2018
  3. " NOKIA X2 " How to Hide Files (Photos/Videos) from Gallery view..??

hi .. i hav found one trick by which we can hide all photos and videos/mp3 from gallery.

m using this ith my nokia c3 . very nice privacy trick.

Best Way To Hide Files Folders in Nokia s40 Symbian OS

rockpop989, Mar 7, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop"

Do you see Desktop in that list? Photos, Music, documents and so on - yes, but not the Desktop folder. By default the Desktop folder is in C:\Users\yourname\Desktop which is on the SSD in C:

This tutorial tells you how to find where the Desktop is located and, should you wish, move it to another drive.

*Arrow Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10

Of course, you could just leave the Desktop where it is, create a new folder on D: and copy the files there directly, perhaps adding a shortcut to the folder on D: to your Desktop so you can find it easily.

Bree, Mar 7, 2018
  5. Thank you very much, this solved the question !

technoir84, Mar 7, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    You're welcome.

*Thumbs

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop"

1. Copying files to Desktop: "There is not enough space on Desktop" - Similar Threads - Copying files Desktop

2. Not enough free disk space for reset but can't access desktop to free it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough free disk space for reset but can't access desktop to free it: After a BSOD bad config error I decided to reset my pc but there isn't enough space for it. I can't run DISM because of it and I can't access to desktop, I tried to delete folder from the command prompt but the access is denied since I'm not connected to my account I think....
  3. Not enough free disk space for reset but can't access desktop to free it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not enough free disk space for reset but can't access desktop to free it: After a BSOD bad config error I decided to reset my pc but there isn't enough space for it. I can't run DISM because of it and I can't access to desktop, I tried to delete folder from the command prompt but the access is denied since I'm not connected to my account I think....
  4. Surfacebook 2 copy to ext says not enough space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surfacebook 2 copy to ext says not enough space: We have a surfacebook 2 that we brought new, My wife uses it for her work but after this problem existing for as long as I remember the hdd is now full.When we try to transfer or backup data to an external drive or a server it says that the destination doesn’t have enough...
  5. Surfacebook 2 copy to ext says not enough space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surfacebook 2 copy to ext says not enough space: We have a surfacebook 2 that we brought new, My wife uses it for her work but after this problem existing for as long as I remember the hdd is now full.When we try to transfer or backup data to an external drive or a server it says that the destination doesn’t have enough...
  6. "Not enough space"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space": I'm trying to download a file, but it always says something like "There isn't enough space" even though I have tons of storage left. I've scanned the file and used 2 different antivirus software to scan my computer McAffee and malwarebytes and there is no problems with my...
  7. Not Enough Space?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Enough Space?: Hello, I recently started using a new laptop computer that has Windows 10 on it. But now it is telling me it needs to be updated to a newer version of Windows 10. But when I try to install it, my computer says there isn't enough space on it to install the new version of...
  8. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  9. Not enough space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not enough space: Hi to all...I have 2 drives in my computer and the C drive is nearly full, it has a capacity of 117gb, my D drive capacity is 911gb. I have just reinstalled windows and a few other progs and it is nearly full only 19gb free now, while the D drive is just about empty. can I...
  10. Not enough space

in Windows 10 Support
    Not enough space: Hi to all...I have 2 drives in my computer and the C drive is nearly full, it has a capacity of 117gb, my D drive capacity is 911gb. I have just reinstalled windows and a few other progs and it is nearly full only 19gb free now, while the D drive is just about empty. can I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copying files not enough space when there is