Windows 10: Cortana fails to search apps

Discus and support Cortana fails to search apps in Cortana to solve the problem; Dear Community, everytime when I want to start an app and I start typing in cortana it turns white. Seen in the screenshot. Any ideas what could be... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by maxhemmo, Nov 23, 2018.

1. maxhemmo Win User

Cortana fails to search apps

Dear Community,

everytime when I want to start an app and I start typing in cortana it turns white. Seen in the screenshot.

Any ideas what could be done?

Cortana fails to search apps 2e23f9a7-e669-44a2-9cf3-7fa92aa695dc?upload=true.jpg

:)

maxhemmo, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana fails to search apps [​IMG]

Try0x101, Nov 23, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Cortana fails to search apps

Cortana and search fail to start. error 15616

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.
    • Run the Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestion of Sharath Srinivasa replied on July 30, 2015. Try those steps and check if that works fine:

Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Cortana fails to search apps

1. Cortana fails to search apps - Similar Threads - Cortana fails search

2. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  3. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.: Forgive me, as this is gonna be a long one, but I've been going through this for hours and I'm gonna be as detailed as possible in simple terms. There's an issue with some of the apps, but my priority is the search bar that's ceasing to function, which looks like those apps...
  4. Cortana, Search function, Apps are not working.

in Cortana
  5. Cortana and Search

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search: I deleted Cortana. I now have no search options, apps won't open, and my mouse and keyboard failed a diagnostic test. When I run troubleshooter is says my Windows Search doesn't work. I've tried every suggestion on google search, most I can't try because search doesn't work....
  6. Cortana and Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Search: I performed a virus, malware and clean up of Windows using Tronscript. It did the job except for two things- removed the Search icon and Cortana icon from my Windows tray. I can move Cortana to the tray. However, I can't open it. It tells me need permission from the...
  7. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  8. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"
  9. Cortana search

in Cortana
    Cortana search: I used to have a cortana search box on my task bar that I used to find files on my computer. Now it's not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/92876d53-09e6-4d6a-bb7a-6eeee910fc40"
  10. Cortana & search

in Cortana
    Cortana & search: Hello, I have a Lenovo H50-55 Desktop using Windows10 (64bit). I would like to be able to talk to Cortana. The computer did NOT come with a microphone or head phones. My keyboard is NOT wireless. I am thinking about getting a COWIN E7 Pro [2018 Upgraded] #7092...