Windows 10: Cortana Invoke

Discus and support Cortana Invoke in Cortana to solve the problem; Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MichaelJoyce2, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Cortana Invoke

Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request time, time will be correct. I have factory reset with same results

:)

MichaelJoyce2, Dec 10, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Cannot Invoke Cortana

There is an option when installing Win 10 to use Cortana or not. I'm wondering if you (or the installer) chose not to?

- suggests you didn't enter the command correctly.

Please post a screenshot of what you attempted.

Windows key + S should launch Cortana if enabled and functional.
    This is the Notebook (in this context):

Cortana Invoke [​IMG]

Rt click the taskbar and you should see this:

*Arrow Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Cortana Invoke [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 10, 2018
  3. br4tt3 Win User
    Cortana Device Setup - Invoke and WiFi

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my Invoke, steering the initial setup from my Windows 10 1803 PC. Cortana is displaying the Devices icon, factory reset the Invoke (several times) and everything seems to work from within the Cortana Device Setup app until the following
    occurs:

1. At the "connect to your device" stage - i can see the Invoke from within the Cortana Device Setup app, in the list

2. Before I press / select the app from the list, check WiFi network connection - my WiFi network card on my PC is bound to SSID providing internet connectivity).

3. When I press / select the HK Invoke device listed, i can see my WiFi NIC is switching to the "HK Invoke" that does not have internet connectivity at this stage. Cortana at the same time tells my "i am not connected to the device" - so all good so far...

4. Next step presented is a next button for setting up WiFi on the Invoke. Remember - at this stage my PC's WiFi connection is bound to the Invoke, and not the Internet providing SSID any more…

5. Press next - Cortana basically tells me that it cannot find any WiFi suitable for continuing… I would like the option to specify an alternate WiFi SSID for Cortana / Invoke but I can only see the Next button in the app...

I am freaking out - tried updating Windows, disabled firewalls, checked e internet connectivity, did setup from 2 different PC's, 1 x Android phone (which generates error - Something went wrong?????) - who ever came up with that error msg? I am running out
    of options.... i did factory reset on the Invoke etc. Is there a debug option, to determine WHAT causing the issue? right now i think it has to do with Window roaming from my internet SSID to the Invoke device when using the COrtana Device Setup app - cause
    it cannot see any suitable SSID once connected to my PC even though the internet providing SSID works just fine...… HELP!!!!

br4tt3, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Invoke

1. Cortana Invoke - Similar Threads - Cortana Invoke

2. Harman kardon, cortana invoke don´t respond

in Cortana
    Harman kardon, cortana invoke don´t respond: I try a factory reset, change de wifi and disconnect, but don´t do anything, still with the orange light and "updating" light on the top. an have the application on the phone for the speaker I don't totally speak english...
  3. Harmon Kardon Invoke 4 units. Cortana reminders recently stopped working on all Invoke units.

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke 4 units. Cortana reminders recently stopped working on all Invoke units.: I have 4 Harmon Kardon Invoke units which use MS Cortana as the digital assistant. I have had them for 2 1/2 years and they always worked fine for reminders. Lately past week or two, give or take, I am not getting my reminders on any of my Invoke speakers anymore. Cortana...
  4. Invoke speakers now missing from devices in Cortana Android App

in Cortana
    Invoke speakers now missing from devices in Cortana Android App: Why is it that recently my HK Invoke speakers have disappeared from the Android app for Cortana? Under devices I can see still see my Xbox One, Alexa Devices link, surface headphones etc but I can't see my three HK Invoke speakers anymore. I also have one computer that still...
  5. Harmon Kardon Invoke no longer available in Cortana Device setup tool

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke no longer available in Cortana Device setup tool: I had to reset my Invoke when my network changed, and now when I download the Cortana Device setup app from the store it appears only Surface Headphones can be detected. The app actually appears after installation as 'Surface Headphones' !! I tried using device setup via the...
  6. TuneIn not playing on Cortana/Invoke

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TuneIn not playing on Cortana/Invoke: I've recently started having a problem with my Cortana/Invoke speaker not being able to play certain streams. Is there a way to update the app for the speaker? This is a new TuneIn app for desktop I had to install to make it work on PC as I was having the same issue....
  7. Harmon Kardon Invoke Cortana Speaker

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke Cortana Speaker: Okay, I made the mistake of buying 4 Invokes for $50 at the Microsoft Store. I first bought two and really like them and then bought two more. I have two of them set up. I love the sound quality it's better than the Echo Dots and Google Homes that I also have and I've been...
  8. Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes

in Cortana
    Category: Cortana on Invoke: kills feed after 1-2 minutes: I couldn't find a Category dropdown suitable for Cortana; please advise how to get the right information. If I request a radio station via Cortana on my Invoke, it plays the station for roughly one minute. I then hear a chime, and the audio fades to silence -- as if Cortana...
  9. I'm new to using my Cortana Invoke. How can I play more of a variety of music

in Cortana
    I'm new to using my Cortana Invoke. How can I play more of a variety of music: I asked Cortana to play Music from John Prine, Linda Rohndstat, and early Taylor Swift. She couldn't. What do I need to do to broaden her music library...
  10. Cortana on Win 10 and Invoke both repond to a prompt. I need the PC to not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana on Win 10 and Invoke both repond to a prompt. I need the PC to not respond: When I connected my Invoke to my Windows 10 PC, and then I attempt to access it, they both respond. How do I get one or the other to be quiet? There is no microphone on the PC, so the Invoke is passing the question to the PC, and both attempt to respond, though they respond...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i do not see the invoke icon for cortana

2. cortana invoke

3. what is my invoke for cortana

4. invoke cortana tunein podcast