Windows 10: cortana responding to both pc and invoke when giving a command

Discus and support cortana responding to both pc and invoke when giving a command in Cortana to solve the problem; When I say hey Cortana to the pc my invoke responds to. Is there away to just use invoke to give commands or how to keep both from responding at the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by wayne leslie, Jan 6, 2019.

1. cortana responding to both pc and invoke when giving a command

When I say hey Cortana to the pc my invoke responds to. Is there away to just use invoke to give commands or how to keep both from responding at the same time. Is ther a way to adjust the gain or boost on the invoke microphone? //// THANKS WAYNE /////

:)

wayne leslie, Jan 6, 2019
  2. D Gittins Win User

Cortana won't respond to commands.

• Have you tried installing any pending updates on your device?

Yes. I've installed all available updates from MS.
    • What are the steps have you done so far to isolate the issue?

I've run the troubleshooter. I've verified that the mic works for all other apps.
    • Have you tried restarting your device? By simply restarting your device or PC can resolve the issue.

I've restarted many times. The problem has been persistent for months.

When I say, 'Hey Cortana' it initially responds. The circle starts turning as if waiting for my command. But it doesn't respond to any further commands.

The microphone is obviously working because Cortana hears the "Hey Cortana" command but does not respond to any further voice commands. There's no indication from the graph that Cortana hears anything after the initial "Hey Cortana" command.

D Gittins, Jan 6, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Cannot Invoke Cortana

There is an option when installing Win 10 to use Cortana or not. I'm wondering if you (or the installer) chose not to?

- suggests you didn't enter the command correctly.

Please post a screenshot of what you attempted.

Windows key + S should launch Cortana if enabled and functional.
    This is the Notebook (in this context):

cortana responding to both pc and invoke when giving a command [​IMG]

Rt click the taskbar and you should see this:

*Arrow Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

cortana responding to both pc and invoke when giving a command [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 6, 2019
  4. cortana responding to both pc and invoke when giving a command

Cortana on my PC not responding right to some voice commands

Hi Aman,

A corrupted system file after the update must've caused Cortana to not respond properly. To resolve this, we suggest that you reset Cortana.

Here's how:

• Click on the search bar, and type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then click on
      Run as administrator

Note: If prompted by User Account Control (UAC), click OK.
    • In the PowerShell window, run the following command:

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If the issue still persists, let us know so we can take the next step in resolving your concern.

Patricia Yu, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

cortana responding to both pc and invoke when giving a command

1. cortana responding to both pc and invoke when giving a command - Similar Threads - cortana responding both

2. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  3. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  4. Cortana not responding to voice commands.

in Cortana
    Cortana not responding to voice commands.: Every time I need to talk to cortana, I am required to hit the mic button so that cortana can start listening to me. I even tried going to settings and turned on the "Hey cortana" option on. Still I have to press the mic button every time. The voice command "Hey cortana" is...
  5. Harman kardon, cortana invoke don´t respond

in Cortana
    Harman kardon, cortana invoke don´t respond: I try a factory reset, change de wifi and disconnect, but don´t do anything, still with the orange light and "updating" light on the top. an have the application on the phone for the speaker I don't totally speak english...
  6. Cortana on Win 10 and Invoke both repond to a prompt. I need the PC to not respond

in Cortana
    Cortana on Win 10 and Invoke both repond to a prompt. I need the PC to not respond: When I connected my Invoke to my Windows 10 PC, and then I attempt to access it, they both respond. How do I get one or the other to be quiet? There is no microphone on the PC, so the Invoke is passing the question to the PC, and both attempt to respond, though they respond...
  7. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Cortana stopped working correctly on the invoke as of 7/27. When I ask for the forcast, I get the definition of forcast. If I'm more specific Iike what is the current temperature I get the I can't help with that. This happens on all 3cof my Invokes...
  8. Cortana is not giving me my reminders on my Invoke.

in Cortana
    Cortana is not giving me my reminders on my Invoke.: Everything is working correctly on my Invoke other than Cortana has stopped giving me my reminders. I can set them up on the Invoke just fine and they show up on my computer and phone (I think even on my Band..?). I have two Invokes and Cortana is misbehaving like this on...
  9. cortana responding to both pc and my harman kardon invoke when giving a command hey cortana

in Cortana
    cortana responding to both pc and my harman kardon invoke when giving a command hey cortana: When I say hey Cortana to the pc my harman kardon invoke responds to. Is there away to just use harman kardan invoke to give commands or how to keep both of them from responding at the same time. Is there a way to adjust the gain or boost on the harman kardan invoke...
  10. Cortana Invoke

in Cortana
    Cortana Invoke: Alarm does not go off at requested time. I set alarm for 5:50 Am . Alarm goes off at 8:50 am. Invoke will verify Alarm is sr.et at 550, if request time, time will be correct. I have factory reset with same results...