Windows 10: cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it

Discus and support cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it in Cortana to solve the problem; After years of use, suddenly something called "cortana" showed up and I can't get my search box to work anymore because this thing is getting in the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MysticTuba, Jun 21, 2019.

1. cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it

After years of use, suddenly something called "cortana" showed up and I can't get my search box to work anymore because this thing is getting in the way. How do I go back to just having a usable search box? I did not do anything that I'm aware of to cause this.

I tried to paste form prt sc but it won't past.

:)

MysticTuba, Jun 21, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

Hi, I don't have anything like that appearing as i've never configured more than the most basic Cortana settings.

Try Notebook (icon left on Cortana), Lists - clear those.

cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it [​IMG]

Likewise, check for any Reminders

- you've shown the search field for Cortana at the bottom of your screenshots.

(And remember there's one top right of file explorer too).

Try this:
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Windows 10 Help Forums

dalchina, Jun 21, 2019
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 21, 2019
  4. cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it

1. cortana suddenly showed up and I can't get rid of it - Similar Threads - cortana suddenly showed

2. Help with Microsoft pop up that I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Microsoft pop up that I can't get rid of: Can someone tell me how to get rid of this Microsoft logo that appeared on my home screen today and I can't get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-microsoft-pop-up-that-i-cant-get-rid-of/8bd542d3-39c1-4098-a1db-58e4952a2fdb
  3. Help with Microsoft pop up that I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Microsoft pop up that I can't get rid of: Can someone tell me how to get rid of this Microsoft logo that appeared on my home screen today and I can't get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-microsoft-pop-up-that-i-cant-get-rid-of/8bd542d3-39c1-4098-a1db-58e4952a2fdb
  4. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  5. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  6. I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?

in Cortana
    I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?: Cortana has been uninstalled - I have a right side pop-up. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-rid-of-cortana-how-i-do-that/86412021-d161-4646-bf9e-8652ce80b142
  7. I can't get rid of pop-ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't get rid of pop-ups: I keep getting pop-ups that say there are viruses and that I should scan my computer, but when I go to virus and threat protection and scan it says there are no viruses. These pop-ups are very annoying and I have no idea how to stop them. Is there any way to stop it?...
  8. Getting rid of Cortana

in Cortana
    Getting rid of Cortana: Could there be anything more annoying and distracting. I am looking at the settings to disable it and it seems I can't. Also, try to uninstall it. I have this computer which I got in 2018 and my plan was to use it for travel. However, it has trouble updating the Dell Bios and...
  9. How can I get rid of Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of Cortana?: I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to...
  10. How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed.

in Cortana
    How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed.: How Do I Get Rid Of Cortana. Since this showed up on my computer (I never asked for it, I think it might be a virus) everything is screwed up....